Kodi Community Forum
Yet Another Confluence Mod - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Confluence (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=125)
+---- Thread: Yet Another Confluence Mod (/showthread.php?tid=129733)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - gensufz - 2012-07-15

(2012-07-15, 07:51)Mudislander Wrote: Dude, is there not a home button right next to the back button ? Try clicking it! Still awaya ATM so can't deal with the rest of your posts also I'm allergic to posts with capital letters and avoid them.

You addressed 1 point of 5 diff points I made...

Yes I know there's a Home Button. I also said that the remote doesn't use that. it uses the "back" as it should, and in your mod "go back a screen" takes me to a screen I was never at rather than the screen I just came from.
(2012-07-15, 09:47)wilson.joe Wrote: In every picture you posted there is a home button and a back button and there is settings to remove those buttons if you so choose too. they are useful for those that use ATV or dont have a home button on their remote. There is nothing messing up this mod both buttons do as they are suppose to.. the back button goes back 1 step at a time, the little house takes you all the way back to main HOME.. This is not a bug, this is a feature. Before people come on the forum and start crying bug, bug , bug, which shouldn't be done on here but on the git, they should be asking how something works first. Example... How do I get back to the main menu from here? And are you sure your setting where not written over when updating XBMC to EDEN or FRODO whichever one you are using?

By definition "back" means, go back to where I was, not through four screens I didn't touch. So no, the back button doesn't do as supposed to. I can understand if it took me to where it does if I got to where I was using those screens, but If I go from HOMEPAGE to SCREEN #1, and then use BACK on SCREEN #1, I shouldn't be at Screen 5, and then 4, and then 3, and then 2, before going back to HOME.

Granted, if I navigated from HOME to 5 to 4 to 3 to to 2 to 1, then it makes sense it would take me there, but I didn't navigate there. So why am I getting to see screens I never did??

Also, I'm not sure what you mean by FRODO?

I Exported my library, unninstalled DHRAMA (10.1), removed my roaming folder, removed my C:\Program files\XBMC, and then did a FRESH install of 11.0, and then installed the mod here as on page 1.

So it's a fresh clean install.

P.S.: yes it is a bug, like I said, in 10.1 the BACK BUTTON took me BACK a screen I was just at in this exact example I had 5 playlists on home screen (just like i do now), and when using back, I went to HOME menu, not to five random screens.

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - Mudislander - 2012-07-15

Back button takes you back a level not a screen and is not a bug, since it works as I wanted it to

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - Mudislander - 2012-07-15

Quick warning to everyone running MOD straight from Git, Last couple of commits require you to reset your main menu to get panels & submenus working as intended.

Couple of new menu options added, any problems or confusion let me know Smile will start working on issues list from Monday

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - Mrmills - 2012-07-15

(2012-07-15, 20:03)Mudislander Wrote: Couple of new menu options added, any problems or confusion let me know Smile will start working on issues list from Monday

Thanks for all the work you put into this Wink

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - wilson.joe - 2012-07-15

To make it easier I removed the ContentPanel.png from every theme except for
the default textures "blue" which is the main theme. One will just have to modify the image
found in the Media directory if its already extracted there and if using src one will only have
to recompress the textures.xbt after editing the file found in the media/themes/textures directory if using xbt files after making the change to the image.Nod

EDIT: the extracted images are in the default git with the skin found in /media/themes
except for the textures which are extracted in the /media there you will find the ContentPanel.png
and you can now edit that one file to your liking and it will effect all the themes, if you plan on
colourizing them you will just have to make a copy of it to each of the themes and recompress
them into xbt.. if you are using xbt files with the extracted textures.xbt as it is by default you
will want to remove the textures.xbt for that to work.

(2012-07-15, 11:54)kevjs1982 Wrote:
(2012-07-15, 03:21)nfusion2011 Wrote: BUG #3 - "BACK BUTTON" not doing what's expected.

With regards to the transparency where the synopses is shown - this is actually a PNG image with alpha transparency called "ContentPanel.png" which is inside the ColourName.xbt file. Alas you can't extract these, however the source is available on git.

So to make your own version you will need to follow the following steps (in the following example I will edit the Orange version - choose your favourite colour scheme as a base.

To make it easier to reload the Skin as you make changes you may wish to follow the instructions on editing your keymap at
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=92965 - the F5 one is the key one.

Go to https://github.com/freakylinuxguy/confluence-lite-themes-src/downloads and click "Download as Zip" (or tar.gz if you are a Linux person) - be aware it's a ~130MB file and extract it to a folder on your computer.

While that is downloading you will also need the Colours and Background files so grab these files and save them to your XBMC

Please note your paths will inevitably differ - X:\ is my home directory on my Linux based media centre when viewed from windows - on Linux it's /home/xbmc/

Colours
Save the colours XML file you can download from https://raw.github.com/freakylinuxguy/confluence-lite-themes/master/colors/Orange.xml to -> X:\.xbmc\addons\skin.confluence.lite.mod\colors
Background
Save the image you can download from https://github.com/freakylinuxguy/confluence-lite-themes/blob/master/backgrounds/Orange.jpg to X:\.xbmc\addons\skin.confluence.lite.mod\colors

Now go the the freshly extracted src download and navigate to freakylinuxguy-confluence-lite-themes-src-6b50278\media\Themes\Orange

In this folder are all the images - the key one being ContentPanel.png which you can edit (I just opened in Paint.net, change the opacity of the background layer and saved as a 32 bit png with the same file name).

Now you have edited the file(s) you need to create the xbt file with TexturePacker (for our resident expert skin devs, is it possible to skip this step somehow?)

The forum thread at http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=92965 has a download link to the required TexturePacker and an example bat file, change the paths as appropriate and name the output file Orange.xbt

Copy this to X:\.xbmc\addons\skin.confluence.lite.mod\colors\

Reload the Skin

Now go to System - Appearence - and change theme and colours to Orange and wait for it to reload.

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - gensufz - 2012-07-16

(2012-07-15, 19:40)Mudislander Wrote: Back button takes you back a level not a screen and is not a bug, since it works as I wanted it to

Great. One less thing for you to fix then.

For those of us that do want it to go back a screen and not a level though, can you show how to make the change?

Thanks

Next @ Kevjs & Wilson Regarding the transparency issues.

I appreciate the long detailed posts but there's no fucking way someone should have to do all that crap just to change the god damn transparency.

I just loaded back my Dharma v10.1 that I had saved Program File and scanned the modified dates to find WTF I changed two years ago.

Found my file in skin.confluence/720p/ViewVideoLibrary.xml and scanned for the ##FFFF tag, found it changed at 4 places.

Compared the "block" that it was in to the new VIEWVIDEOLIBRARY.xml in this ADDON folder.
Turns otu it's line 714

Quote: <control type="group">
<posx>180</posx>
<posy>40</posy>
<visible>Control.IsVisible(508) + ![ListItem.IsFolder + Container.Content(Movies)] + !Skin.HasSetting(View508HideInfo)</visible>
<include>VisibleFadeEffect</include>
<control type="image">
<posx>0</posx>
<posy>0</posy>
<width>920</width>
<colordiffuse>35FFFFFF</colordiffuse>
<height>410</height>
<texture border="20">ContentPanel.png</texture>
</control>

Added that part in, and done. Took me a whole 10seconds to make the change (took me 10 min to find the file from 2 years ago, but that doesn't count).

To anyone reading this looking to make the same changes, just do what I did.

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - gensufz - 2012-07-16

My next question should be the easiest:

I've not tried XBMC v11 stand alone, I installed your mod on top of it asap. Can you tell me if the "SET" feature is managed by your mod (you), or by XBMC 11 in general?

There's a big problem in how it manages the backups of set movies, but want to make sure I'm explaining it at the proper spot (dont want to explain it here if I need to go to the main XBMC forums to post it) and likewise, no sense posting it there if XBMC 11 doesnt have the feature and its managed by your mod.

Thanks!

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - wilson.joe - 2012-07-16

language usage and rudeness to those that make an effort to reach out and help you is not a way to go about getting anything accomplished that your aiming to do.

EDIT: and for the record everytime that file is updated you will have to readd your code instead of
dropping a png file into the media directory so who's method was too much work?

As for you question about SET's if your talking about the plugin it causes issues with this mod,
as for EDEN 11.0 being able to recognize sets yes in the settings as for putting them into sets,
the plugin is required "as far as I know" and it was having issues.

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - protocol77 - 2012-07-16

I have just tried out the latest pre-release you post in a previous post I really like the new views but my favorite thing so far are those little checkboxes they are like the ones it transparency will you be including them on the other views I think it makes the watched icon stand out a bit more

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - kevjs1982 - 2012-07-16

(2012-07-12, 00:39)Mudislander Wrote: Subtitle Country Flag option - in screenie below bottom right is UK flag for English. When you rip a DVD if you include any subtitles the MOD is capable of identifying the first subtitle, usefull for some bilingual familes

For anyone else confused by this, they aren't present on every view, and on most of them they are very subtle (i.e. it's in the bottom right of the DVD cover and not with all the other property icons) until you know where to look!

Naturally it wasn't on the FanArt view which meant I missed them. Just noticed on a few of my DVD's that it shows the Union Flag when I would have expected the default language to be German, but after checking in my DVD player I can see subtitle language 1 is English, a surprised me there - guess it's not just the packing they change between England and Germany then!

Anyway, shouldn't English be indicated by the cross of Saint George (i.e. the English flag) - or would that just confuse everyone outside these isles? (Oh well, at least it's not the 1990s internet fav of the Stars and Strips and Union Flag rammed together in an unholy marriage!).

Not that it really matters to me - I can only speak English (well the proper form which is the Lancashire dialect Wink ), a tiny bit of German, even less French, and about a dozen words in both Dutch and Welsh so am unlikely to use any of those anyway and therefore all films have English audio or subtitles anyway.

I was expecting it on films which had SRT's too - but of course these offer no indication of language - d'oh! Guess I need to work out how to edit the NFOs properly in Ember to get them showing! (It has picked it up from some DivX files I made where I embeded the subtitles).

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - Mudislander - 2012-07-16

@kevjs1982 - I'm keeping quite on the flag shown for English Big Grin Next people will want a setting to change it. Actually English is one of the official languages of South Africa, where we speak it properly :LOL maybe I should use that flag

Seriously they'll eventually work there way into all the views, albeit in the same sort of position if possible.

@protocol77 - well that makes 3 of us now - you, me and wilson.joe. Yes they'll be appearing in more views.

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - wilson.joe - 2012-07-16

I'm here in the states and I got into the habit of using colour instead of color, and people
would say thats not the say it's spelt. It's not the only word I prefer other spelling too.

(2012-07-16, 21:20)Mudislander Wrote: @kevjs1982 - I'm keeping quite on the flag shown for English Big Grin Next people will want a setting to change it. Actually English is one of the official languages of South Africa, where we speak it properly :LOL maybe I should use that flag

Seriously they'll eventually work there way into all the views, albeit in the same sort of position if possible.

@protocol77 - well that makes 3 of us now - you, me and wilson.joe. Yes they'll be appearing in more views.

Thanks for the positive feedback. Quit a few themes were inspired by Transparency, and Ronie was generous enough to let us use and doctor up some of his images here and there and we tossed in some of our own to make confluence not so confluence and more personalized,

(2012-07-16, 18:14)protocol77 Wrote: I have just tried out the latest pre-release you post in a previous post I really like the new views but my favorite thing so far are those little checkboxes they are like the ones it transparency will you be including them on the other views I think it makes the watched icon stand out a bit more

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - Akuma - 2012-07-17

(2012-07-16, 03:57)wilson.joe Wrote: EDIT: and for the record everytime that file is updated you will have to readd your code instead of

That's an excellent point, for folks constantly tinkering with xmls and then updating a skin you end up with lots of extra work if you want to update the base skin. Myself I just keep things simple and just use XBMC for Movies and TV Shows .

I have a Frankenstein version of Max's Mod Confluence with flags taken from Metropolis, Content panel png from Tranparency and a Rightlist.xml tweaked from another member on the forums, colours I have my own set I prefer having tweaked the Home.xml menu options, adjusted the shut-down button to one click and moved the clock and weather info to bottom right. It's all a nice challenge, but I won't update my skin until a new version of XBMC arrives. Maybe Smile

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - wilson.joe - 2012-07-17

A Monster Mod... Big Grin one of the reasons why I keep the images in a git is so people can
mess with them, and when one downloads via XBMC they get the compressed version via the Confluence Lite Mod update.

(2012-07-17, 08:11)Akuma Wrote:
(2012-07-16, 03:57)wilson.joe Wrote: EDIT: and for the record everytime that file is updated you will have to readd your code instead of

That's an excellent point, for folks constantly tinkering with xmls and then updating a skin you end up with lots of extra work if you want to update the base skin. Myself I just keep things simple and just use XBMC for Movies and TV Shows .

I have a Frankenstein version of Max's Mod Confluence with flags taken from Metropolis, Content panel png from Tranparency and a Rightlist.xml tweaked from another member on the forums, colours I have my own set I prefer having tweaked the Home.xml menu options, adjusted the shut-down button to one click and moved the clock and weather info to bottom right. It's all a nice challenge, but I won't update my skin until a new version of XBMC arrives. Maybe Smile

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - Mudislander - 2012-07-17

@Akuma - A screenie would be nice - Then we could pinch some of your ideas Big Grin