Kodi Community Forum
Yet Another Confluence Mod - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Confluence (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=125)
+---- Thread: Yet Another Confluence Mod (/showthread.php?tid=129733)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - Akuma - 2012-07-17

K Mudislander.

I prefer a interface with just the basics. Colour scheme fits my anime addiction Smile

I've also changed most png bottons/folders to match my theme. I am just a cut n paste thief, so thanks to all the great skin creators. Yep having the media files on Github is a great help.

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - Mudislander - 2012-07-17

Colour scheme does go well Smile Looking at your media views I really need to get down and do some work on our Right List. Date,time and weather doesn't look bad on bottom right either. In the 2nd screenie does the trailer button work properly for you ?

Thanks for sharing, I enjoy looking at other different setups.

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - wilson.joe - 2012-07-17

The second screen requires the studio images, add in another 20 megs for the themes.
Kind of doing what I did with the two colors on the one theme. I work on a right view to replace
the one because I wasn't happy with it. based on an older right view, and few others, but no one
said anything about them. Though this one is nicely done.

(2012-07-17, 21:04)Mudislander Wrote: Colour scheme does go well Smile Looking at your media views I really need to get down and do some work on our Right List. Date,time and weather doesn't look bad on bottom right either. In the 2nd screenie does the trailer button work properly for you ?

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - Akuma - 2012-07-18

(2012-07-17, 21:04)Mudislander Wrote: Colour scheme does go well Smile Looking at your media views I really need to get down and do some work on our Right List. Date,time and weather doesn't look bad on bottom right either. In the 2nd screenie does the trailer button work properly for you ?

Thanks, the trailer button via YouTube trailers does work fine with XBMC's player. As to the studio logos the folder for them is approx 12 meg and contains 1700 files. I am no good at coding and I would like to see a plot summary for tv series for the Rightlist but so far all my attempts have failed in that regard Sad

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - wilson.joe - 2012-07-18

It weighs in more then 12mb when adding recording labels also. 2,622 items, totalling 19.7 MB.
Though I would like to see both video and audio labels and genre added in.. Smile

(2012-07-18, 02:53)Akuma Wrote: As to the studio logos the folder for them is approx 12 meg and contains 1700 files. I am no good at coding and I would like to see a plot summary for tv series for the Rightlist but so far all my attempts have failed in that regard Sad

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - Bayside - 2012-07-19

Hello All,

Looks like you folks have made great progress on the skin since I have last seen it. My apologies for going dark for so long. With family and job situations that came up somewhat suddenly, I haven't had time to turn on my XBMC setup much less think about skin coding. Anyway, I am slowly getting my head above water.

Also, as a side note, the Raspberry Pi I ordered finally came in and has been sitting in its box. Can't wait to set it up and try out this skin on it.

..B..

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - kevjs1982 - 2012-07-19

(2012-07-19, 15:20)Bayside Wrote: Also, as a side note, the Raspberry Pi I ordered finally came in and has been sitting in its box. Can't wait to set it up and try out this skin on it.

Seams to work reasonably snappily, a tad slower than my Revo but not annoyingly slow. - alas MPEG 2 video (i.e. all my ripped DVDs) doesn't so it's not been used much yet! Seams to manage MP4 HD video (e.g. from the BBC HD channel and Sat 1. HD) better than the revo (loads quicker and looks nicer).

Using the same charger for the Kindle, mobile, and Raspberry Pi at the mo, should really get a couple more!

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - wilson.joe - 2012-07-19

Nice let us know how that goes.. I have been planning on placing an order for a few of them.

(2012-07-19, 22:23)kevjs1982 Wrote:
(2012-07-19, 15:20)Bayside Wrote: Also, as a side note, the Raspberry Pi I ordered finally came in and has been sitting in its box. Can't wait to set it up and try out this skin on it.

Seams to work reasonably snappily, a tad slower than my Revo but not annoyingly slow. - alas MPEG 2 video (i.e. all my ripped DVDs) doesn't so it's not been used much yet! Seams to manage MP4 HD video (e.g. from the BBC HD channel and Sat 1. HD) better than the revo (loads quicker and looks nicer).

Using the same charger for the Kindle, mobile, and Raspberry Pi at the mo, should really get a couple more!

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - wilson.joe - 2012-07-20

how are video nodes going to be handled in Frodo version? Are they going to be able to be used as panels much like the playlists are used? Video Nodes on Wiki A Heads Up

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - Mudislander - 2012-07-20

Not sure ATM, waiting to see what develops with cusom nodes & what settings there will be for getting users parameters on to the home screen, but we'll more than likely have some sort of similar panel to the playlist stuff. If you've got any ideas, now is a good time to bend everyone to your line of thought before we go off in a different direction Smile

Edit Quite like pecinko's suggestion Post #27

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - wilson.joe - 2012-07-21

In a way u might be taking it in the right direction already if they are added just like the playlists,
because someone might remove tvshows etc .. were are menu is based on what we want and
not a set of defaults.. Nod Pecinko has some good points though.

(2012-07-20, 11:54)Mudislander Wrote: Not sure ATM, waiting to see what develops with cusom nodes & what settings there will be for getting users parameters on to the home screen, but we'll more than likely have some sort of similar panel to the playlist stuff. If you've got any ideas, now is a good time to bend everyone to your line of thought before we go off in a different direction Smile

Edit Quite like pecinko's suggestion Post #27

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - gensufz - 2012-07-29

(2012-07-16, 03:57)wilson.joe Wrote: language usage and rudeness to those that make an effort to reach out and help you is not a way to go about getting anything accomplished that your aiming to do.

EDIT: and for the record everytime that file is updated you will have to readd your code instead of
dropping a png file into the media directory so who's method was too much work?

Hi,

I don't believe I used inappropriate language directed towards any particular individual. Especially those that were helping (yourself). I directed my frustration with how convoluded this whole process was, extracting jpgs, making copies, modifying them, etc etc, when all I needed was to change 1 line in a code.

I understand what you mean with the updates, but keep in mind I had xbmc v10 with an addon for 1.5 years, with the same 1 line changed, and it never vanished due to an update because it's the one view that's updated, so unless specific updates happen to that one view, I assume my change will stick. We will find out as the OP updates the skin, but so far there have been no updates/fixes pushed, or my update is sticking.

I apologize if you felt my msg was directed at you, it wasn't.

(2012-07-16, 03:27)nfusion2011 Wrote: My next question should be the easiest:

I've not tried XBMC v11 stand alone, I installed your mod on top of it asap. Can you tell me if the "SET" feature is managed by your mod (you), or by XBMC 11 in general?

There's a big problem in how it manages the backups of set movies, but want to make sure I'm explaining it at the proper spot (dont want to explain it here if I need to go to the main XBMC forums to post it) and likewise, no sense posting it there if XBMC 11 doesnt have the feature and its managed by your mod.

Thanks!

(2012-07-16, 03:57)wilson.joe Wrote: As for you question about SET's if your talking about the plugin it causes issues with this mod,
as for EDEN 11.0 being able to recognize sets yes in the settings as for putting them into sets,
the plugin is required "as far as I know" and it was having issues.

Like I said above, I only have this mod plus xbmc v11 installed. No other addons/skins/mods, etc. So no, I'm not talking about a "plugin" or whatever. I am merely asking how sets are supported.
Are sets enabled by default in xbmc v11, or is it a feature that's part of this particular skin?

I am asking because as I said, there's a massive bug in how the sets are archives for backup purposes in the database, but there's no sense detailing the post here if it is a core xbmcv11 feature that's broken because mudslinger won't be able to fix it. On the otherhand, if it is a feature in this addon, then i';ll put it here and not another forum.

Still need a confirmation on that.
And: yet another bug....

In this particular view, the picture that's showcased in the box, appears cropped at the top for whatever decision.

And in about 60% of the pictures used, it looks stupid because.....well.....it's cropped!!

For example:
http://picpaste.com/pics/screenshot000.1343567768.jpg

Half the guy's eye is cropped/cut off my default.

For Futurama, Bender's "antenna" is cut off from the picture, etc.

In some other show, the head of a guy is completely chopped off.

Note that the picture appears fine in the background, not the foreground, so there's no problem with the picture. Just how this view displays the background in the foreground.

Please fix, or if it's a easy fix that I can do myself in a xML file, please let me know so I can do it myself.

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - sdsnyr94 - 2012-07-30

There are about 5-6 of the "Themes" in this MOD that I really like, and I am having trouble choosing which one to use. Any way that it can be randomized?

I would really like to be able to choose the ones I want, either selecting through a menu or by deleting the content from the folders, and then have the theme change daily. Any way this can be done?

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - protocol77 - 2012-07-31

on the main menu where the latest episodes panel is can i request the episode season and number be listed as it gives the episode name but not any other info which can be a little confusing when there is more than one episode of a show on there

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - Mudislander - 2012-07-31

(2012-07-30, 19:59)sdsnyr94 Wrote: There are about 5-6 of the "Themes" in this MOD that I really like, and I am having trouble choosing which one to use. Any way that it can be randomized?

I would really like to be able to choose the ones I want, either selecting through a menu or by deleting the content from the folders, and then have the theme change daily. Any way this can be done?

now there's an idea Big Grin I'll see what I can do.

(2012-07-31, 10:04)protocol77 Wrote: on the main menu where the latest episodes panel is can i request the episode season and number be listed as it gives the episode name but not any other info which can be a little confusing when there is more than one episode of a show on there

Are you taluing about the title heading on top of the latest episodes panel ?