Kodi Community Forum
Yet Another Confluence Mod - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Confluence (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=125)
+---- Thread: Yet Another Confluence Mod (/showthread.php?tid=129733)

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - Mrmills - 2012-05-12

(2012-05-12, 14:53)Bradek Wrote: Hi Mudislander just wanted to say thanks for your efforts and the results are fantastic.

+1

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - Mudislander - 2012-05-12

Okay - We try again!. Last update (v1.0.8) for a while, hopefully fixed all the little niggles so next week can start on another media view or two. Will have a look at the home screen as well, try and jiggle things around a little bit - not too much as I basically like the layout. Think we need a full wall type view for movies and music Smile

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - kevjs1982 - 2012-05-12

Thanks for all the fixed I can now see my wallpapers on the menus and easily add the addon-homes/favourites to the main bar

Alas there is one slight glitch - The Music - Addon menu item doesn't seam to work right - the first time I added it it gave me the last added favourites folder; the second time I added it it gave me the Playlists menu; and the third time I added it it seams to work, but when I go into Music that has fallen out of library mode and shows the Music - Addon Menu instead Sad Alas, you wouldn't get a job at Microsoft with skills like that - it's not Blue Screened yet Wink

The Video's stuff all seams to work fine.

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - protocol77 - 2012-05-12

(2012-05-12, 16:18)Mudislander Wrote: Okay - We try again!. Last update (v1.0.8) for a while, hopefully fixed all the little niggles so next week can start on another media view or two. Will have a look at the home screen as well, try and jiggle things around a little bit - not too much as I basically like the layout. Think we need a full wall type view for movies and music Smile

Any new views you can create will certainly be appreciated this mod is great the only thing left I can think of to add to it is some new watched icons I mentioned in a previous post but I know you are gonna work on this when you get the time so all cool will just happily use the mod and wait for the next update with all new Goodies for all of us to enjoy Smile

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - Mudislander - 2012-05-12

(2012-05-12, 17:23)kevjs1982 Wrote: Thanks for all the fixed I can now see my wallpapers on the menus and easily add the addon-homes/favourites to the main bar

Alas there is one slight glitch - The Music - Addon menu item doesn't seam to work right - the first time I added it it gave me the last added favourites folder; the second time I added it it gave me the Playlists menu; and the third time I added it it seams to work, but when I go into Music that has fallen out of library mode and shows the Music - Addon Menu instead Sad Alas, you wouldn't get a job at Microsoft with skills like that - it's not Blue Screened yet Wink

The Video's stuff all seams to work fine.

Sounds like the memory setting is not clearing properly, I'll look a bit later. Re: MS, you got to admit I'm trying Smile

Edit found a problem with Music Addon - cut n paste error. You can try fix your version if you want. In the file "CustomMenuAddon.xml" line 286 reads
Code:
<onclick>Skin.SetString($INFO[Window(home).Property(UsrSelectBtn)]Action,<onclick>ActivateWindow(MusicLibrary,Addons,return)</onclick>)</onclick>
It should be
Code:
<onclick>Skin.SetString($INFO[Window(home).Property(UsrSelectBtn)]Action,ActivateWindow(MusicLibrary,Addons,return))</onclick>

@protocol77, Haven't forgotten abou watched icons, if I'd had any to hand I would have chucked them in quickely - but is probably going to be view to view job changing sizes and I think banner options where possible.

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - wilson.joe - 2012-05-13

see the panel is removed from the bottom here. i think it makes it appear less
crowded

I'm liking the low view. one quick question is there a way to make it so when I have it
set to show fanart it isn't showing the visualization or artist images on the home.
I just want to be able to have my tv shows and movies with fanart.

(2012-05-12, 16:18)Mudislander Wrote: Okay - We try again!. Last update (v1.0.8) for a while, hopefully fixed all the little niggles so next week can start on another media view or two. Will have a look at the home screen as well, try and jiggle things around a little bit - not too much as I basically like the layout. Think we need a full wall type view for movies and music Smile

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - Mudislander - 2012-05-13

(2012-05-13, 06:08)wilson.joe Wrote: I'm liking the low view. one quick question is there a way to make it so when I have it
set to show fanart it isn't showing the visualization or artist images on the home.

I take it you're talking about browsing while music is playing ? When I coded that bit I made the "Currently Playing Fanart" top priority, was trying to cut down on system settngs, however have no problem with putting a setting back in - Well biggest problem would be trying to describe what the setting's for in only a few words .

If you want to play around with it try changing some of the <visible> settings in "IncludesBackgroundBuilding.xml" In the "CommonBackground" include you'll see that various stuff is only allowed to show if the player is playing or not or if in home or not and basically the last image allowed to show in working from top to bottom is the one you see.

If you come up with anything interesting - let me know - might save me some work. Allthough I'd be chucking in another visible setting.

Re your 2 screenies, Yep it looks better without the panel on one of the standard backgrounds - but I found with quite a lot of the fanart I've got, it just looked a mess on the screen and you couldn't distinguish what was fanart and what were media cases. Which is why I darkened the panel a little more. I notice your comment was "appear less crowded" - would you prefer smaller panels eg 1 line of media, some guys "Mrmills" prefer more the better, but this could be sorted with a Large/Small setting if needed.

BTW you back on green now, wasn't it red a couple of days ago - mine's now on red Smile

I keep going back and forth with the green and the red. I can never stick with just one
look for very long.. lol.

Yeah I was talking about browsing whall media was playing.. which is something I
tend to do when the music is plenty from time to time. I would figure that having
the visualisation playing on the home page would be more resource hungry then
if it was not. The only place I removed the panel.. marked out one line of code.
was for the home page, the menu seemed to me to be to close to it, its great to
have it in there when browing videos for music and it does help with the dvd
covers or cd cases.

(2012-05-13, 07:12)Mudislander Wrote:
(2012-05-13, 06:08)wilson.joe Wrote: I'm liking the low view. one quick question is there a way to make it so when I have it

I take it you're talking about browsing while music is playing ? When I coded that bit I made the "Currently Playing Fanart" top priority, was trying to cut down on system settngs, however have no problem with putting a setting back in - Well biggest problem would be trying to describe what the setting's for in only a few words .

If you want to play around with it try changing some of the <visible> settings in "IncludesBackgroundBuilding.xml" In the "CommonBackground" include you'll see that various stuff is only allowed to show if the player is playing or not or if in home or not and basically the last image allowed to show in working from top to bottom is the one you see.

If you come up with anything interesting - let me know - might save me some work. Allthough I'd be chucking in another visible setting.

Re your 2 screenies, Yep it looks better without the panel on one of the standard backgrounds - but I found with quite a lot of the fanart I've got, it just looked a mess on the screen and you couldn't distinguish what was fanart and what were media cases. Which is why I darkened the panel a little more. I notice your comment was "appear less crowded" - would you prefer smaller panels eg 1 line of media, some guys "Mrmills" prefer more the better, but this could be sorted with a Large/Small setting if needed.

BTW you back on green now, wasn't it red a couple of days ago - mine's now on red Smile

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - Mrmills - 2012-05-13

I would prefer a XXlarge/small setting Wink

(2012-05-13, 09:24)Mrmills Wrote: I would prefer a XXlarge/small setting Wink

Yeah, I know - will look into it but right now am doing some views. I hate doing views, they're so fiddely!!. So better stick with them while i'm in the mood Smile

(2012-05-13, 10:38)Mudislander Wrote:

Yeah, I know - will look into it but right now am doing some views. I hate doing views, they're so fiddely!!. So better stick with them while i'm in the mood Smile

Sounds great, really approciate it. What views are you working on?

(2012-05-13, 10:48)Mrmills Wrote:
(2012-05-13, 10:38)Mudislander Wrote:

Sounds great, really approciate it. What views are you working on?

FullWall, fitting coverart into DVDCases

look nice!!
btw i just lost my movie library.. files mode still works, tried to rescan library and xbmc did download the info but nothing shows up in the library.. the suggested widgets still work.. any idea?

I'm liking that view. It would also look great to have one like that with cd cases Wink

EDIT:
by the way thats a good movie.. hehe