Kodi Community Forum
Release Universal Movie Scraper - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Information Providers (scrapers) (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=147)
+----- Forum: Movie Scrapers (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=302)
+----- Thread: Release Universal Movie Scraper (/showthread.php?tid=129821)

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper - Dr_IT - 2012-11-09

(2012-11-09, 08:18)olympia Wrote: Please read the scraper description in the addon manager.

Sorry, missed that line completely "It always does the initial search on IMDb".

So it is not a bug, but by design.
Still i don't get why, if you want the title from moviedb, in my opinion it has to look there. Now it first looks at imdb, finds it not there, so will not look for title om moviedb, while it is available there.
Is there a special reason to do so and if not can it be made a feature request? Would like to keep using universal, but in this situation it is of no use to me...

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper - olympia - 2012-11-09

You cannot search on multiple sites like that with a scraper.

This option means what it says: it gets (grabs; scrapes) the 'Movie Title' from TMDb instead of IMDb based on the IMDb ID and you can set the language preference. That's why this option is there. It doesn't say: search movie on TMDb.

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper - Dr_IT - 2012-11-09

I don't want to search on multiple sites, i want the primary search of the movie on one site, namely themoviedb Wink

I already understand how universal works, but what i don't understand is why it works this way?

Re: [Release] Universal Scraper - olympia - 2012-11-09

Because people may want to scrape localized title from TMDb instead of IMDb.

Or you don't understand why the primary search on IMDb? Simply because it has more movies.

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper - Dr_IT - 2012-11-10

(2012-11-09, 20:02)olympia Wrote: Or you don't understand why the primary search on IMDb? Simply because it has more movies.

Indeed that's what i mean. I can believe for some (most?) languages IMDb has a greater listing, but in my case for the Netherlands (specifically child movies), TMDB has a lot more listings than IMDb. Also because TMDB is the default for XBMC i believe it will have more added entry's by users for movies which are actually used on XBMC.

So is it possible Universal gets an option in the future to choose which site you prefer to do the primary search on?
Else i have to fallback to the default scraper, although i like the expanded options of Universal more...

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper - olympia - 2012-11-10

(2012-11-10, 01:15)Dr_IT Wrote: So is it possible Universal gets an option in the future to choose which site you prefer to do the primary search on?
Else i have to fallback to the default scraper, although i like the expanded options of Universal more...

No, most of the expanded features you are referring to are are tided up by IMDb ID, so they wouldn't work without having it (...and this obiously wouldn't be available in case of movies from TMDb which are not available on TMDb).

Is it that much of a problem to use the TMDb scraper in case of those - I guess - few movies?

Re: [Release] Universal Scraper - Martijn - 2012-11-10

That means you first have to go through all your movies to identify which ones aren't on imdb. Move them to a separate location and scrape again

Re: [Release] Universal Scraper - olympia - 2012-11-10

In case he has the movies in separate folders, then it is enough if he change content on the folder of the movie he wants to scrape with another scraper... Smile

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper - Dr_IT - 2012-11-10

I have the child movies in a separate folder, so this is indeed how i do it now. Was hoping to to do it with one scraper, but as this is not possible now i will keep using the 2 scrapers or switch to TMDb completely.

I still think it is technically possible, as TMDb also has the ability to store the IDMb id (so we could grap it from there). But that all depends if it is filled in on every movie there... Maybe somewhere in the future Wink

Thanks for the advice!

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper - scudlee - 2012-11-10

You should also be able to just make a movie.nfo containing the URL to themoviedb.org entry, and that should force the movie to be scraped by the TMDB scraper without you having to change the content settings in XBMC.

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper - bobrap - 2012-11-15

How do I get this to install in Beta1?

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper - Martijn - 2012-11-15

(2012-11-15, 23:04)bobrap Wrote: How do I get this to install in Beta1?

Should be installed by default.

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper - bobrap - 2012-11-16

Let me look again. Might be the wine :-)
Just did a fresh instal of XBMC B1. Added a dir with a few movies and the only scraper available is TMDB.

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper - Martijn - 2012-11-16

(2012-11-16, 00:04)bobrap Wrote: Let me look again. Might be the wine :-)
Just did a fresh instal of XBMC B1. Added a dir with a few movies and the only scraper available is TMDB.

ow darn. my mistake. It's not yet added to Frodo. We need to fill repo first

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper - bobrap - 2012-11-16

I didn't think this wine I made was that good! Smile