Kodi Community Forum
Release Universal Movie Scraper - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Information Providers (scrapers) (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=147)
+----- Forum: Movie Scrapers (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=302)
+----- Thread: Release Universal Movie Scraper (/showthread.php?tid=129821)

RE: Universal Movie Scraper - Heretic9 - 2019-10-17

(2019-10-17, 03:01)Karellen Wrote:
(2019-10-17, 02:29)Heretic9 Wrote: Raider of the lost ark folder would contain "RotLA.dvd1.mkv" and "RotLA.dvd2.mkv"
Ok but the first movie should be picked up anyway. Just a heads up that split movie files is broken in v18 for ISO's, DVD and Bluray folders in case you have any.

Are any of those unscraped movies foreign? ie, do they have an original title that is different to the title you are using or different to the English title?

Post the Debug Log and we can have a look.

Also, why not combine your split movies? Use this which is simple drag and drop... https://mkvtoolnix.download/ 
No none of the movies are foreign and they're all using the correct title from IMDB. I'll take a look at the debug log file when I get the chance and post it. As far as combining the movies, there are a lot of them and I'd have to track them down (I'm lazy) plus it worked on my NUC just fine before it died so I figured there was no point. Thanks for letting me know about the issue with split files not working in v18. Btw there is a setting for "Combine split video items" but the description makes it sound like its just for file manager purposes, could that have an effect on scraping if its not enabled?

RE: Universal Movie Scraper - Karellen - 2019-10-17

(2019-10-17, 04:08)Heretic9 Wrote: Btw there is a setting for "Combine split video items" but the description makes it sound like its just for file manager purposes, could that have an effect on scraping if its not enabled?
Yep, that is just a display option for file manager/file view.

Split files are combined automatically in the Library and there is no setting for it as it relies on the filename- if you don't want them combined, then don't name them DVD1, DVD2 etc.

No, that setting won't affect the scanner/scraper in any way.

RE: Universal Movie Scraper - Heretic9 - 2019-10-17

(2019-10-17, 04:16)Karellen Wrote:
(2019-10-17, 04:08)Heretic9 Wrote: Btw there is a setting for "Combine split video items" but the description makes it sound like its just for file manager purposes, could that have an effect on scraping if its not enabled?
Yep, that is just a display option for file manager/file view.

Split files are combined automatically in the Library and there is no setting for it as it relies on the filename- if you don't want them combined, then don't name them DVD1, DVD2 etc.

No, that setting won't affect the scanner/scraper in any way. 

Ok thanks. I did verify that they are all split files so it seems like if there are split files, the scraper will use the first file name as the search criteria. I also did try to play a split file movie from the library and it plays fine and it does move on to the second file so no problems playing it just scanning it into the library. I also did try to do a refresh on a split file movie that was already in the library and once again it tried to use the first file name. Not sure if this is an issue with the scraper or kodi but at least I know its definitely a problem with how split files are handled. Thanks again.

RE: Universal Movie Scraper - movielord - 2019-10-28

Excellent scraper...I have kody database resident on my nas sinology and all my playimg device are linked to the centralised database. Though database is updated by a client everytime its kodi instance is launched. I would like to run the scraper from the synology instead so any client get the same updates at the same time.
Ideally I would insert the command asking the international movie scraper for all movies found in the video source registered in kodi client into a bash script. this may be triggered either by the appearance of a new file in the source or by a cron at a couple of specific time in a day.

So how do i run  the scraper directly from synology (linux) ? How do i tell the movie scraper what are the movie sources to scan and update with metadata info ?

Tx

RE: Universal Movie Scraper - Razze - 2019-11-04

(2019-10-28, 09:52)movielord Wrote: Excellent scraper...I have kody database resident on my nas sinology and all my playimg device are linked to the centralised database. Though database is updated by a client everytime its kodi instance is launched. I would like to run the scraper from the synology instead so any client get the same updates at the same time.
Ideally I would insert the command asking the international movie scraper for all movies found in the video source registered in kodi client into a bash script. this may be triggered either by the appearance of a new file in the source or by a cron at a couple of specific time in a day.

So how do i run  the scraper directly from synology (linux) ? How do i tell the movie scraper what are the movie sources to scan and update with metadata info ?

Tx
You would need to run kodi on your nas. Unfortunatly that won't really work right now, as you can't run kodi without an interface.

RE: Universal Movie Scraper - keffetsener - 2019-11-21

Hope no one else asked but i havent read all of the 120 pages and the search wasnt helping me.

Is there an option to use a parsing nfo with this? Tried and couldnt get it to scan.

Its about the following: https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/632979-living-the-dream-tour-by-slash-featuring-myles-kennedy-and-the-conspirators?language=de-DE

Using the tmdb scraper it worked with a parsing nfo but i had no luck using UMS

RE: Universal Movie Scraper - Karellen - 2019-11-21

(2019-11-21, 20:34)keffetsener Wrote: Hope no one else asked but i havent read all of the 120 pages and the search wasnt helping me.

Is there an option to use a parsing nfo with this? Tried and couldnt get it to scan.

Its about the following: https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/632979-...uage=de-DE

Yes, the Parsing nfo file works with UMS. Does the title exist at IMDB?

RE: Universal Movie Scraper - keffetsener - 2019-11-21

(2019-11-21, 20:40)Karellen Wrote:
(2019-11-21, 20:34)keffetsener Wrote: Hope no one else asked but i havent read all of the 120 pages and the search wasnt helping me.

Its about the following: https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/632979-...uage=de-DE

Yes, the Parsing nfo file works with UMS. Does the title exist at IMDB? 
No it seems it doesnt exist. I also use TMDB with UMS.

Had a parses.nfo with www.themoviedb.org/movie/632979-living-the-dream-tour-by-slash-featuring-myles-kennedy-and-the-conspirators it still didnt scrape. Always asked me to put in the movie title by hand (and even after putting it in word for word it hasnt scraped).

Using the IMDB Scraper by itself hasnt worked, using the TMDB Scraper by itself hasnt worked, now with the TMDB Scraper with parses.nfo it worked but i had no luck with UMS which now means i have to use the TMDB Scraper for my whole library.

RE: Universal Movie Scraper - Karellen - 2019-11-21

(2019-11-21, 23:47)keffetsener Wrote: No it seems it doesnt exist.
If it does not exist, then how can you scrape from IMDB? If you check the settings for Universal Movie scraper, have you changed every setting from IMDB to TheMovieDB?

RE: Universal Movie Scraper - keffetsener - 2019-11-22

(2019-11-21, 23:55)Karellen Wrote:
(2019-11-21, 23:47)keffetsener Wrote: No it seems it doesnt exist.
If it does not exist, then how can you scrape from IMDB? If you check the settings for Universal Movie scraper, have you changed every setting from IMDB to TheMovieDB? 
I actually never said i tried scraping from imdb.

Yes everything is changed vom IMDB to tmdb.

RE: Universal Movie Scraper - Nemesis83 - 2019-12-30

Ciao!

I'm using UMS from always, and I've always had this problem: while movie's titles are in the correct language (italian, in my case) other information, such as plots, are in English. Obviously in the setting panel I've selected every point with It.
Is not a big problem, but now I've to change my Kodi (I will change tv, so I will reinstall and reconfigure anything) and could be the occasion to set it properly.
I've read a reply of Olympia regarding this issue, suggesting to set the source language and not the addon language, but honestly I don't know where to set source language.
Thank you in advance,

Paolo

RE: Universal Movie Scraper - Karellen - 2019-12-30

@Nemesis83

Can you point me to the post by @olympia which states this is a known problem. Also tell us the names of a couple of movies that have this problem. If you have a Debug Log which captures the problem, it will be helpful

But my first thought is that you probably have the scraper set to retrieve data from IMDB, but IMDB is English only, so you would not receive Italian data.

(2019-12-30, 10:35)Karellen Wrote: @Nemesis83

Can you point me to the post by @olympia which states this is a known problem. Also tell us the names of a couple of movies that have this problem. If you have a Debug Log which captures the problem, it will be helpful

But my first thought is that you probably have the scraper set to retrieve data from IMDB, but IMDB is English only, so you would not receive Italian data.

Hi, and thank you for your prompt answer!
The topic I remembered was this:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=337127

Regarding movies...every movie in my library has the plot in English and no, the selected scraper for plots is themoviedb.org, obviously for it.

RE: Universal Movie Scraper - Karellen - 2019-12-30

Hmmm, ok. It is still a bit unclear to me. Let me look into it tomorrow.

I will need your settings.xml file for the Universal Movie Scraper. If you are using Windows, it is located in this folder here...
C:\Users\Master\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\metadata.universal\settings.xml

Open the xml file, copy the contents to Kodi Paste Site, and provide the link from the address bar. This way I can use the exact same settings you have for the scraper.

(2019-12-30, 11:18)Karellen Wrote: Hmmm, ok. It is still a bit unclear to me. Let me look into it tomorrow.

I will need your settings.xml file for the Universal Movie Scraper. If you are using Windows, it is located in this folder here...
C:\Users\Master\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\metadata.universal\settings.xml

Open the xml file, copy the contents to Kodi Paste Site, and provide the link from the address bar. This way I can use the exact same settings you have for the scraper.

I use it on raspberry, honestly I'm not so good in data export on that Smile