Kodi Community Forum
Release Universal Movie Scraper - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Information Providers (scrapers) (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=147)
+----- Forum: Movie Scrapers (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=302)
+----- Thread: Release Universal Movie Scraper (/showthread.php?tid=129821)

Re: RE: [Release] Universal Scraper - Martijn - 2012-12-02

(2012-12-02, 01:05)olympia Wrote: I think our mirrors got confused because there were multiple updates quickly after each other.
Your XBMC is trying to download 1.8.0 while it is not there any more (we are at 1.9.0). I think if you wait a couple of hours then the problem will disappear.

Or do force refresh on xbmc repo

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper - Thidsa - 2012-12-02

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/eden/metadata.universal/metadata.universal-1.9.0.zip

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper - braz - 2012-12-02

(2012-12-01, 22:13)olympia Wrote: I will fix this at latest tomorrow.

Thanks Olympia!

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper - bsoriano - 2012-12-02

Olympia,

Thank you so much for this great and flexible scraper. i am having a small problem. I now have the scraper (version 1.9.0) configured to get the plot from themoviedb.com. Before I had it configured to get the plot from IMDB. Whenever I refresh a movie's info (using Aeon Nox skin, press i, select refresh button), the scraper will not pull the plot from themoviedb, the movie keeps the plot it had before. I have tried deleting the scraper and its addon data, deleting the movie and then updating the library, but the result is always the same. This is happening with all of the movies I had scraped earlier today. Please let me know if there is additional information you would require to figure out what is wrong, and I will provide it. Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Bart

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper - Geoff Kennedy - 2012-12-02

I'm sorry for the n00bness here but none of this is working. I am unsure what anyone means by Universal Scraper, I have followed the movie.nfo instructions to the letter and still nada. what gives? please someone spell this out. I'm again sorry that I am not as technically informed as some of those who are here, but remember please that you've all been in my place before.

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper - olympia - 2012-12-02

(2012-12-02, 04:32)bsoriano Wrote: Olympia,

Thank you so much for this great and flexible scraper. i am having a small problem. I now have the scraper (version 1.9.0) configured to get the plot from themoviedb.com. Before I had it configured to get the plot from IMDB. Whenever I refresh a movie's info (using Aeon Nox skin, press i, select refresh button), the scraper will not pull the plot from themoviedb, the movie keeps the plot it had before. I have tried deleting the scraper and its addon data, deleting the movie and then updating the library, but the result is always the same. This is happening with all of the movies I had scraped earlier today. Please let me know if there is additional information you would require to figure out what is wrong, and I will provide it. Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Bart

I can only guess that you are configure the scraper in settings/addons instead of the specific source you use you want to you the scraper. Settings/addons are only to change the default settings of a scraper, but you can have a source specific congiguration on each source you use the scraper.

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper - olympia - 2012-12-02

(2012-12-02, 06:58)Geoff Kennedy Wrote: I'm sorry for the n00bness here but none of this is working. I am unsure what anyone means by Universal Scraper, I have followed the movie.nfo instructions to the letter and still nada. what gives? please someone spell this out. I'm again sorry that I am not as technically informed as some of those who are here, but remember please that you've all been in my place before.

We mean you go to the addons manager in the system menu and install the Universal Scraper, just like you did with the IMDb scraper (at least I think you installed, otherwise you wouldn't have a problem now).

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper - BigNoid - 2012-12-02

(2012-12-02, 00:38)olympia Wrote:
(2012-12-01, 23:29)Big_Noid Wrote:
(2012-12-01, 23:23)olympia Wrote: It's 8.8 on IMDb. Smile However, top250 request noted. I will add this at latest tomorrow.

You're right. I was looking at top 250 rating, which has a different calculation. Thx for clearing that up Smile

Top250 scraping is added @ v1.9.0

Great, thx!

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper - Geoff Kennedy - 2012-12-02

(2012-12-02, 08:15)olympia Wrote:
(2012-12-02, 06:58)Geoff Kennedy Wrote: I'm sorry for the n00bness here...

We mean you go to the addons manager in the system menu and install the Universal Scraper, just like you did with the IMDb scraper (at least I think you installed, otherwise you wouldn't have a problem now).

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. I have followed that step now and have installed the Universal Scraper. What's next? Start manually adding the *.nfo files to the movies that wouldn't scrape?

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper - braz - 2012-12-03

(2012-11-28, 22:32)thrak76 Wrote: I'm having an issue where I'll update the library, the new movies will be found during the scan, but then it won't actually be added to the library. I'll get a message:
WARNING: No information found for item 'Z:\Movies\......mkv', it won't be added to the library.

This happens even though it's brand new to the library and has never been scanned before. If I switch to the tmdb scraper, it'll get added to the library.

Here's the log.. First instance is at line 4148, and second (during the same scan) is at line 5270.

Thanks!

I'm having the same issue, it's only doing it with one movie though...You May Not Kiss the Bride (2011). I tried adding an .nfo file to the directory with the IMDB id (tt1381418), but no luck. Here's my log: http://pastebin.com/7Zv3JLEU

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper - thrak76 - 2012-12-03

(2012-12-03, 00:15)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2012-11-28, 22:32)thrak76 Wrote: I'm having an issue where I'll update the library, the new movies will be found during the scan, but then it won't actually be added to the library. I'll get a message:
WARNING: No information found for item 'Z:\Movies\......mkv', it won't be added to the library.

This happens even though it's brand new to the library and has never been scanned before. If I switch to the tmdb scraper, it'll get added to the library.

Here's the log.. First instance is at line 4148, and second (during the same scan) is at line 5270.

Thanks!

I'm having the same issue, it's only doing it with one movie though...You May Not Kiss the Bride (2011). I tried adding an .nfo file to the directory with the IMDB id (tt1381418), but no luck. Here's my log: http://pastebin.com/7Zv3JLEU

There's been a few updates over the past few days. I deleted the addons & the addon_data folders for universal scraper, and then re-installed. Been working fine since then. Give it a try.

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper - Kokonutcreme - 2012-12-03

(2012-12-03, 00:15)bryanbrazil Wrote:

Thanks!

Same thing happened to me when I added new movies to the library over the weekend, they don't appear under the "Latest" submenu. When I accessed the default movie library menu, they all appeared at the front of the list because they only have the video and audio codecs scraped and nothing about the movie itself.

Manually refreshing them scrapes successfully.

I tested last night and removed the new movies from the library plus the .nfo file from one of them and rescraped the source. Only the movie with no .nfo file was scraped successfully.

I read on this thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=145617&page=2 that nfo files with just the IMDB url will work. All my nfo files include the URL plus, tagline, studio, and MPAA entries because I hate it when they're left blank. I'll try creating a nfo file with just the URL for those new movies when I get home tonight.

Changes to the latest version of Universal allows for more granular selection of taglines, actors, Top 250, countries information so I can probably just include the IMDB url in the nfo files from now on.

Thanks thrak76 and Kokonutcreme! I deleted the metadata.universal folder and reinstalled Universal Scraper 1.90. That one movie still wouldn't scrape correctly though. I then looked for the movie in the Titles node and found it under its movie title. All of the movie information was there, but the .nfo, poster and fanart would not save when performing a library export. So I'm not sure if the movie was ever in the database or not. I deleted the movie and ran a library update again. This time it was correctly added by the Universal Scraper.

Here's another update, I was still having issues with "You May Not Kiss the Bride." IMDB says this is a 2011 movie, but I noticed that themoviedb says it is a 2012 movie. So I deleted the movie from XBMC and changed the folder and file names to 2012. When I updated the library, the movie was correctly scraped so it looks like that was the problem.

I also found out I had the movie copied on 2 different drives, which was why I was so confused about it not exporting, etc. My bad! Sad

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper - 4Eyes - 2012-12-03

First post, searched already but didn't find a direct answer to my problem.
I'm scraping with Universal Scraper / Set themoviedb.org as default with nl as language parameter.
But when scraping he always returns english information.
In the log file i found following information:

16:16:03 T:4864 DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Found matching Mixed NFO file: C:\Media\Movies\101 Dalmatiƫrs (1961)\101 Dalmatiƫrs (1961).nfo
16:16:03 T:4864 DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Fetching url 'http://api.themoviedb.org/3/movie/12230?api_key=57983e31fb435df4df77afb854740ea9&language=en' using The MovieDB scraper (content: 'movies')

Apperently he still uses the "en" as language parameter.

Is this a bug ?

PS: My nfo file consist only out of title / orginaltitle / set
and a url to the page of the movie for themoviedb.org and imdb.com

Found the solution. I disabled the themoviedb scraper. This one must be enabled, universal scraper uses this.
I found another issues, as for some movies I only have the imdb id and not the tmdb id.
He finds the imdb page, but doesn't scrape it. I noticed that the imdb scraper is defect. Could this be the reason ?