Kodi Community Forum
Release Universal Movie Scraper - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Information Providers (scrapers) (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=147)
+----- Forum: Movie Scrapers (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=302)
+----- Thread: Release Universal Movie Scraper (/showthread.php?tid=129821)

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper - olympia - 2012-12-03

See the post #201 (nine before yours).

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper - arukaen - 2012-12-03

Olympia,

Can you tell me why Universal won't scrape movies that have the IMDb ttXXXXX as the file name? I have all my settings for the addon to scrape IMDB but the movies with ttXXXX.mp4 do not show up.

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper - jopie - 2012-12-03

(2012-12-02, 18:29)Geoff Kennedy Wrote:
(2012-12-02, 08:15)olympia Wrote:
(2012-12-02, 06:58)Geoff Kennedy Wrote: I'm sorry for the n00bness here...

We mean you go to the addons manager in the system menu and install the Universal Scraper, just like you did with the IMDb scraper (at least I think you installed, otherwise you wouldn't have a problem now).

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. I have followed that step now and have installed the Universal Scraper. What's next? Start manually adding the *.nfo files to the movies that wouldn't scrape?

Use Update Library option from menu.

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper - braz - 2012-12-03

I have Universal Scraper installed with the default settings, IMDB. Yet it doesn't seem to be scraping using the IMDB movie title, but rather it uses the title from themoviedb.org. I found another movie, 10 Years, that will not scrape when it is named 10 Years (2011) as it shows up on IMDB. As soon as I change the name to 10 Years (2012), as it appears on themoviedb.org, it scrapes correctly.

I think I have mentioned a couple of times already that the Universal Scraper uses TMDb's search engine now. This is regardless to what you set in your settings for the fields. Once TMDb's search engine finds the movie (...and the movie has the IMDb id registered on TMDb), then the individual fields will be scraped from whatever site you configured in the scraper settings.

In other word: if you set everything to scrape from IMDb, then everything will be scraped from there, but ONLY AFTER the movie has been found and identified by the TMDb search engine. If a movie doesn't exist on TMDb (...or has no IMDb id registered), then nothing will be scraped from IMDb even if the movie exists there.

I do hope this clarifies.

Additionally:
In case you are sure that the year on TMDb when a movie has filmed is wrong, then please go to TMDb and correct it, so another guy will not be hit by the same issue.

Re: RE: [Release] Universal Scraper - Martijn - 2012-12-03

(2012-12-03, 20:48)olympia Wrote: Additionally:
In case you are sure that the year on TMDb when a movie has filmed is wrong, then please go to TMDb and correct it, so another guy will not be hit by the same issue.

Remember that every country could have its own release date/year.
If everyone could fill in the missing information it would help everyone

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper - braz - 2012-12-03

(2012-12-03, 20:45)olympia Wrote: I think I have mentioned a couple of times already that the Universal Scraper uses TMDb's search engine now. This is regardless to what you set in your settings for the fields. Once TMDb's search engine finds the movie (...and the movie has the IMDb id registered on TMDb), then the individual fields will be scraped from whatever site you configured in the scraper settings.

In other word: if you set everything to scrape from IMDb, then everything will be scraped from there, but ONLY AFTER the movie has been found and identified by the TMDb search engine. If a movie doesn't exist on TMDb (...or has no IMDb id registered), then nothing will be scraped from IMDb even if the movie exists there.

I do hope this clarifies.

Makes sense, I didn't realize this. Thanks for the clarification! I'll make sure my movie titles match TMDb from now on, and I'll correct any errors I find.

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper - tungmeister - 2012-12-04

I'm having an issue with some movie's information not scraping. When I manually scrape the movie, I select it from the list of suggestions and it starts to scrape. However once completed there's no data scraped for the movie at all, no title or plot etc. I've had a look in the log file and there's lots of:

23:05:06 T:3308 WARNING: XFILE::CCurlFile::CReadState::FillBuffer: curl failed with code 22
23:05:06 T:3308 ERROR: CCurlFile::CReadState::Open, didn't get any data from stream.
23:05:06 T:3308 ERROR: ADDON::CScraper::Run: Unable to parse web site

I've checked on TMDb and the data for the movies in question is fully populated.

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper - braz - 2012-12-04

(2012-12-03, 20:56)Martijn Wrote:

I brought up the issue of release dates on the TMDb forum. http://www.themoviedb.org/talk/50bd2f96760ee376170005ce

It doesn't look like there is an easy way to get release dates on TMDb and IMDB to match. I think folks using the Universal Scraper will need to start referring to TMDb, rather than IMDB, when naming their files.

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper - Geoff Kennedy - 2012-12-04

(2012-12-03, 18:27)jopie Wrote:
(2012-12-02, 18:29)Geoff Kennedy Wrote:
(2012-12-02, 08:15)olympia Wrote: We mean you go to the addons manager in the system menu and install the Universal Scraper, just like you did with the IMDb scraper (at least I think you installed, otherwise you wouldn't have a problem now).

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. I have followed that step now and have installed the Universal Scraper. What's next? Start manually adding the *.nfo files to the movies that wouldn't scrape?

Use Update Library option from menu.

Okay so I did that but after the update there were no newly found movies even though I have since downloaded both movies and TV shows. Is there a setting in the Universal Scraper that is pinnacle for this to be successful and I might have missed it? what is the ideal settings list for this to work?

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper - Kokonutcreme - 2012-12-04

(2012-12-04, 01:16)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2012-12-03, 20:56)Martijn Wrote:

I brought up the issue of release dates on the TMDb forum. http://www.themoviedb.org/talk/50bd2f96760ee376170005ce

It doesn't look like there is an easy way to get release dates on TMDb and IMDB to match. I think folks using the Universal Scraper will need to start referring to TMDb, rather than IMDB, when naming their files.

Thanks for that Bryan, that explains why The Cabin in the Woods wasn't being scraped correctly as the release years were different between IMDB and TMDB and I labelled the file with the IMDB date.

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper - Eisi2005 - 2012-12-04

@olympia

in the ember thread you said that the universal scraper could replace ember. I have test the Universal Scraper and i must say that it work very very good.

Could you tell me if it is planed that the Outplot becomes a function for other languages ? At the moment as example for german users the scraper get a german plot but the OUTPLOT is english, although at imdb is a german OUTPLOT.

Thanks for your answer.

Greets
Eisi

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper - olympia - 2012-12-04

You get the German plot from TMDb, not from IMDb, right?

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper - Eisi2005 - 2012-12-04

I have test both settings, imdb and tmdb.