Kodi Community Forum
Release Universal Movie Scraper - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Information Providers (scrapers) (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=147)
+----- Forum: Movie Scrapers (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=302)
+----- Thread: Release Universal Movie Scraper (/showthread.php?tid=129821)

RE: Universal Movie Scraper - apachehaovk - 2022-09-30

YESS!!  I am not going crazy.

Since yesterday, NO NEW MOVIES can be added.  Its says it finds the file but then says it cannot add the info.  Glad I am not the only one.

Something change?  Thanks for any info.

RE: Universal Movie Scraper - jbinkley60 - 2022-09-30

(2022-09-30, 15:26)apachehaovk Wrote: YESS!!  I am not going crazy.

Since yesterday, NO NEW MOVIES can be added.  Its says it finds the file but then says it cannot add the info.  Glad I am not the only one.

Something change?  Thanks for any info.

If you are going against IMDB I have been seeing tons of server busy messages for the past couple of days.  I wrote a scraper for grabbing TMDB and IMDB artwork for my uses and had to increase the IMDB server busy timeout to 10 retries from 3.  TMDB is lightning fast, as always. 

Here's a sample IMDB run grabbing artwork for actors / actresses

IMDB image not found for: Leslie Morris
Server busy
IMDB fetching skipped. Server busy: Tamara Wilcox-Smith
Server busy
IMDB fetching skipped. Server busy: Dawne Damon
Server busy
IMDB fetching skipped. Server busy: Kim Atwood
Server busy
IMDB fetching skipped. Server busy: Roland Urban
IMDB image not found for: Heinz Spitzner
Server busy
IMDB fetching skipped. Server busy: Trevor Reid
IMDB image not found for: Walter Horsbrugh
IMDB image fetching completed.

Lots of failures.

Jeff

Interesting.....   Yeah must be an IMDB thing then... 

Here is a question..  if Kodi finds a new movie, but skips it due to IMDB being busy, will it retry again or is it perm skipped?

RE: Universal Movie Scraper - Selyan - 2022-09-30

I just tried to scrape a movie, it passed perfectly, but there is only the cast recovered on IMDb, the rest is on TMDb.

Can you run a quick test on a new movie using IMDB for everything?  Just to see if it works for ya?  Thanks!

RE: Universal Movie Scraper - Hitcher - 2022-10-01

(2022-09-30, 23:11)Selyan Wrote: I just tried to scrape a movie, it passed perfectly
Single file or library update?

I've found they don't get updated when running a library update but do when I query a single movie.

RE: Universal Movie Scraper - apachehaovk - 2022-10-01

Just doing a regular old library update.  Add a movie or 2, library update.  nothing Sad

RE: Universal Movie Scraper - Selyan - 2022-10-01

I set all UMS to IMDb, except the posters on Fanart. Then I updated the library for 4 new movies. No synopsis, 2 posters out of 4, but the casts are all present, like titles, catch phrases, directors, writers, ratings etc. By doing a new update of the library with my usual parameters, that is to say with TMDb except the casts with IMDb, for the same 4 films the result is perfect.

RE: Universal Movie Scraper - apachehaovk - 2022-10-01

Wow......  Yeah just tried it again.. Nothing  Literally nothing.

Your title set to IMDB?  It finds the new file but just says "no information found, skipping" in the debug log.

RE: Universal Movie Scraper - jbinkley60 - 2022-10-01

(2022-10-01, 05:17)apachehaovk Wrote: Wow......  Yeah just tried it again.. Nothing  Literally nothing.

Your title set to IMDB?  It finds the new file but just says "no information found, skipping" in the debug log.

You might want to try IMDb again.  I just checked and am now seeing almost 100% success on the first try pulling images.  for the past 36 or so hours it's been < 50% success rate.

Jeff

Universal Movie Scraper - HeresJohnny - 2022-10-01

The scraper failed to scrape 'The Wages of Fear' 8 times in a row but when I entered an OMDB key under 'Ratings' it worked right away. Coincidence? Probably.

RE: Universal Movie Scraper - jbinkley60 - 2022-10-01

(2022-10-01, 20:30)HeresJohnny Wrote: The scraper failed to scrape 'The Wages of Fear' 8 times in a row but when I entered an OMDB key under 'Ratings' it worked right away. Coincidence? Probably.

Not sure.  Possibly.  All I can say is that IMDB is much better this afternoon.  Here's a recent set of stats from my utility attempting to find missing artwork for 1000 actors.:

Mezzmo actor comparison completed successfully.

TMDB query count:                       1000
TMDB image queries:                     1000
TMDB images found on this query:        1
IMDB query count:                       1000
IMDB image queries:                     1006
IMDB images found on this query:        5
IMDB image fetch success rate:          99.40%

************  Mezzmo Artwork Checker Stats  *************

Last time checker ran:                  2022-10-01 12:54:04
Mezzmo actors found:                    72224
Mezzmo actors deleted:                  243
Mezzmo Poster files found:              50355
Mezzmo Poster files without actor:      11022
Mezzmo UserPoster files found:          13029
Mezzmo UserPoster files without actor:  0
Mezzmo actor not found on IMDB/TMDB:    4103
Mezzmo actors with Good Image:          51857
Mezzmo actors with Bad Image:           392
Mezzmo actors with no Image:            20499
Mezzmo actors with no Image found:      16096

Out of 1,000 IMDB queries only 6 retries.  Previously that was more like 400-600 retries.

Thanks,

Jeff

RE: Universal Movie Scraper - apachehaovk - 2022-10-02

Ok so still not working for me using the "update library"  It finds the new movie files but doesnt add them.  If I go into "videos" and scan them to library they work just fine and add themselves.  What is different between updating the library and doing it 1 by 1?  Would could possibly be the difference??

RE: Universal Movie Scraper - apachehaovk - 2022-10-02

(2022-10-01, 20:30)HeresJohnny Wrote: The scraper failed to scrape 'The Wages of Fear' 8 times in a row but when I entered an OMDB key under 'Ratings' it worked right away. Coincidence? Probably.

You ARE on to something.  So I went into that folder and edited the sources.  Changed EVERYTHING related to ratings from IMDB to TMDB and everything started scraping!!!!  What is going on?
**everything except PLOT of course.  I had to enter a key for it to work...  IMDB is completely BROKEN with Universal Media Scraper.

*******  Confirmed by @Karellen its broken folks Sad   I reached out to the dev to see if he can look into it but for now, best to avoid Universal Media Scraper

Universal Movie Scraper - HeresJohnny - 2022-10-13

You can still configure it with other services instead of IMDb so you get a complete nfo. None of the other scrapers pull IMDb top 250 info or stinger scenes info AFAIK.