Kodi Community Forum
Release Universal Movie Scraper - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Information Providers (scrapers) (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=147)
+----- Forum: Movie Scrapers (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=302)
+----- Thread: Release Universal Movie Scraper (/showthread.php?tid=129821)

RE: Universal Movie Scraper - At2010 - 2022-11-04

I know I'm late to the party here.

I am using the same UMS scraper (plus an uncommitted genre fix) that hasn't changed for a bit. Clearly IMDB is having issues and is going through a multitude of changes. I was also unable to scrape for several days while IMDB was getting its act together.

In testing today (Nov 23,2022) the UMS IMDB scraper seems to be working. I don't know to which ratings @apachehaovk is referring. For my test titles, it properly scrapes USA MPAA rating and the IMDB user rating. Are you wanting the rating for other countries or a different user rating?

There do seem to be issues finding IMDB and TMDB fanart...

Regards,
AT2010

RE: Universal Movie Scraper - RCBodyslam - 2022-11-18

(2022-10-02, 02:33)apachehaovk Wrote: Ok so still not working for me using the "update library"  It finds the new movie files but doesnt add them.  If I go into "videos" and scan them to library they work just fine and add themselves.  What is different between updating the library and doing it 1 by 1?  Would could possibly be the difference??

The same thing happened to me last night using Universal scraper Went to add my movies on a fresh install on a new device. It looked like it scanned and scraped everything okay, but when it was done, there was nothing in my library. Weird thing is the size of my Kodi install increased by almost a Gig. 🤔 Ended up using Python instead and it was fine,  but I don't get the Rotten Tomatoes stuff with it. 😩

RE: Universal Movie Scraper - jcea - 2022-11-21

UMS has stopped scraping films since last week. My configuration uses IMDB. I guess IMDB website has been changed again.

I hope UMS gets an update ASAP.

RE: Universal Movie Scraper - Not Sure - 2022-11-21

(2022-11-21, 16:09)jcea Wrote: UMS has stopped scraping films since last week. My configuration uses IMDB. I guess IMDB website has been changed again.

I hope UMS gets an update ASAP.

Same.  Is this add-on still maintained?  OP looks pretty stale.

RE: Universal Movie Scraper - K0D1User1138 - 2022-11-22

(2022-11-04, 07:02)At2010 Wrote: I know I'm late to the party here.

I am using the same UMS scraper (plus an uncommitted genre fix) that hasn't changed for a bit. Clearly IMDB is having issues and is going through a multitude of changes. I was also unable to scrape for several days while IMDB was getting its act together.

In testing today (Nov 23,2022) the UMS IMDB scraper seems to be working. I don't know to which ratings @apachehaovk is referring. For my test titles, it properly scrapes USA MPAA rating and the IMDB user rating. Are you wanting the rating for other countries or a different user rating?

There do seem to be issues finding IMDB and TMDB fanart...

Regards,
AT2010

Do you drive one of theseHuh

UMS is also no go for me. Posting today, November 21, 2022 because I can't produce the 1.21 gigawatts!

RE: Universal Movie Scraper - vdb86 - 2022-11-22

UMS not working on my end as well Sad

RE: Universal Movie Scraper - Sunflux - 2022-11-23

Right now I’m getting “unable to connect to remote server” errors for, I assume, IMDb (TV is scraping fine).

RE: Universal Movie Scraper - Karellen - 2022-11-23

@olympia who is the maintainer of this scraper has not been around for a couple of months. I am not sure of his intention with this scraper and any fixes.

The IMDB problem is affecting all scrapers and other addons.

Our preliminary investigation shows that IMDB have denied access to scrapers and forcing valid API access to their data at a prohibitive charge for a volunteer project.
What happens next has not been decided yet.

RE: Universal Movie Scraper - K0D1User1138 - 2022-11-23

Jeff must need to bulldoze another ancient historical bridge for a vanity project.

RE: Universal Movie Scraper - jbinkley60 - 2022-11-23

(2022-11-23, 06:06)Karellen Wrote: @olympia who is the maintainer of this scraper has not been around for a couple of months. I am not sure of his intention with this scraper and any fixes.

Our preliminary investigation shows that IMDB have denied access to scrapers and forcing valid API access to their data at a prohibitive charge for a volunteer project.

I can tell you that even with a purchased API key their performance, at times, has been intermittent.

Mezzmo actor comparison completed successfully.

TMDB query count:                       100
TMDB image queries:                     100
TMDB images found on this query:        0
IMDB query count:                       100
IMDB image queries:                     220
IMDB images found on this query:        1
IMDB image query success rate:          44.99%

************  Mezzmo Artwork Checker Stats  *************

Last time checker ran:                  2022-11-22 08:38:40
Mezzmo actors found:                    73254
Mezzmo actors deleted:                  235
Mezzmo Poster files found:              50860
Mezzmo Poster files without actor:      11050
Mezzmo UserPoster files found:          13457
Mezzmo UserPoster files without actor:  0
Mezzmo actor not found on IMDB/TMDB:    4178
Mezzmo actors with Good Image:          52742
Mezzmo actors with Bad Image:           394
Mezzmo actors with no Image:            20639
Mezzmo actors with no Image found:      16140

This was a run I did yesterday.  44.99% success rate.  220 queries to query for 100 piece of artwork. <sigh>

Jeff

RE: Universal Movie Scraper - MDKv4 - 2022-11-24

(2022-11-23, 06:06)Karellen Wrote: @olympia who is the maintainer of this scraper has not been around for a couple of months. I am not sure of his intention with this scraper and any fixes.

Long time lurker here that might be able to help. Is the source code for this plugin/scrapper published anywhere?
I don't see a DM option on this forum but if possible please send me a message. Thanks!

RE: Universal Movie Scraper - Karellen - 2022-11-24

Hi @MDKv4

The code is published here... https://github.com/xbmc/repo-scrapers/tree/leia/metadata.universal

As for PM's, you don't have enough posts, but I see you have been around for 10+ years so I can fix that if you need to PM.

RE: Universal Movie Scraper - MDKv4 - 2022-11-24

Thank you and yes please Smile

RE: Universal Movie Scraper - K0D1User1138 - 2022-11-24

UMS has been updated to V5.5.10 and I was able to scrape a few items that had been sitting idle for the past few days. For some reason when I start Kodi no UMS does a full videos update scan which I do not want it to day and I can't find the setting to turn that off though I do recall there was one at one time.

RE: Universal Movie Scraper - Karellen - 2022-11-24

(2022-11-24, 21:36)K0D1User1138 Wrote: when I start Kodi no UMS does a full videos update scan which I do not want
https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Media/Library#Update_library_on_startup