Kodi Community Forum
Release Universal Movie Scraper - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Information Providers (scrapers) (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=147)
+----- Forum: Movie Scrapers (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=302)
+----- Thread: Release Universal Movie Scraper (/showthread.php?tid=129821)

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper - olympia - 2012-12-18

Option to use IMDb's buggy search engine is added @v2.0.0

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper - PistachioPedro - 2012-12-19

I think I've found another bug here. I have the cast scraping settings to IMDB full and when an actor is playing two characters, I'm not getting a decent result. Here's a couple of screens, the first is from Buried (2010) and you can see that what should be one line is spread out over three. There's actually meant to be a third character after Donna Mitchell as well.

I tried to replicate it and I made a mock up video of The Mask (1994), and in the cast section on IMDB it reads "Jim Carrey - Stanley Ipkiss / The Mask" yet I am only getting Stanley Ipkiss.

When I scrape Buried with the cast source set to themoviedb.org I get this:

So it's clear the problem lies with IMDB, hopefully somebody can shed some light on this one for me. Also, I'm not sure if it is relevant but I'm using the default Confluence skin.

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper - protocol77 - 2012-12-19

i am not getting my bluray rips being detected as 720p or 1080p i noticed this as they are not being filtered in my smart playlist

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper - realjobe - 2012-12-19

Hi there.
Seems that user have to switch from IMDB scraper to Universal Scraper 2.0.. well.

There is something odd about the scraping thing.. Movies are listed on the "selection list" when invoking manual update upon one movie is in XBMC UI language, in my case Finnish.

E.g. File "Collateral (2004).iso" gets 1st hit as "Glitterati (2004)" and the next on the list is the correct one, but in finnish. "Collateral - Väärä aika, väärä paikka (2004)". That seems to be IMDB finnish hit.

I really don't want to see my movies enything by in int/eng formats.. Scraper IMDB settings is set to "US/INT".
So, Must the scraper obay Xbmc UI language settings?

edit: Actually it does not obay Xbmc's UI settings (i changed it to English), but OS's itself?

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper - NEOhidra - 2012-12-19

The scraper works fine but i have i feature request regarding the set/collection names.
It does scrape movie titles and plot correctly cording to the selected language but it is not possible to choose a language for the sets/collections. Would it be possible to scrape translated set/collection names, using Frodo?

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper - olympia - 2012-12-20

(2012-12-19, 16:41)realjobe Wrote: Hi there.
Seems that user have to switch from IMDB scraper to Universal Scraper 2.0.. well.

There is something odd about the scraping thing.. Movies are listed on the "selection list" when invoking manual update upon one movie is in XBMC UI language, in my case Finnish.

E.g. File "Collateral (2004).iso" gets 1st hit as "Glitterati (2004)" and the next on the list is the correct one, but in finnish. "Collateral - Väärä aika, väärä paikka (2004)". That seems to be IMDB finnish hit.

I really don't want to see my movies enything by in int/eng formats.. Scraper IMDB settings is set to "US/INT".
So, Must the scraper obay Xbmc UI language settings?

edit: Actually it does not obay Xbmc's UI settings (i changed it to English), but OS's itself?

See post #316

(2012-12-19, 17:03)NEOhidra Wrote: The scraper works fine but i have i feature request regarding the set/collection names.
It does scrape movie titles and plot correctly cording to the selected language but it is not possible to choose a language for the sets/collections. Would it be possible to scrape translated set/collection names, using Frodo?

I will add this eventually.

(2012-12-19, 14:50)protocol77 Wrote: i am not getting my bluray rips being detected as 720p or 1080p i noticed this as they are not being filtered in my smart playlist

...and how this comes down to the scraper?

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper - realjobe - 2012-12-20

(2012-12-20, 00:00)olympia Wrote: Option to use IMDb's buggy search engine is added @v2.0.0

Ok... I'm using Universal Scraper 2.0.0 and there is IMDB as default.
The problem was that the results comes in finnish language based, that I don't want to (no files is named in finnish form)..

1. Oopps, IMDb being the default is not intentional. I wanted TMDb as default. Will update the scraper in this regards.
2. I pointed back to this post which is saying "buggy". This is exactly the problem with the new IMDb search engine. If you go to the IMDb page and do the same search, you will see that it returns the Finnish title for those movies you listed. So the right place to complain about this behavior of search results is IMDb. This is exactly the reason why I didn't want to add IMDb search engine to the scraper, but there were far too much cry for this...

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper - realjobe - 2012-12-20

(2012-12-20, 15:08)olympia Wrote: If you go to the IMDb page and do the same search, you will see that it returns the Finnish title for those movies you listed.

Well.. I can easely change the IMDB search Results / hit specs just by changeing the browser's language-preference to be "en & en-us", not "fi" and the results are correct - english versions. So, it must be XBMC's user-agent Accept-Language in http header that is causing this... but where are these populated from? I changed all the internation settings on XBMC not to be finnish... no efect.

I changed everyting on Win7's Regional settings, but still Refreshing the collateral's specs gave the list where finnish version of the hit was... odd

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper - scudlee - 2012-12-20

(2012-12-20, 17:38)realjobe Wrote:
(2012-12-20, 15:08)olympia Wrote: If you go to the IMDb page and do the same search, you will see that it returns the Finnish title for those movies you listed.

Well.. I can easely change the IMDB search Results / hit specs just by changeing the browser's language-preference to be "en & en-us", not "fi" and the results are correct - english versions. So, it must be XBMC's user-agent Accept-Language in http header that is causing this... but where are these populated from? I changed all the internation settings on XBMC not to be finnish... no efect.

I changed everyting on Win7's Regional settings, but still Refreshing the collateral's specs gave the list where finnish version of the hit was... odd

Interesting...

Maybe changing the search url in CreateSearchUrl to:
Code:
http://akas.imdb.com/find?s=tt&q=\1|accept-language=en-us
would at least ensure everyone has the same experience.

(Or even have the language as a scraper setting, so it becomes the user's choice.)

(2012-12-20, 17:38)realjobe Wrote:

wow, that's actually a great finding (I actually thought it is based on geoip)!!

@scudlee, indeed, I tested already just a bit before you posted and it works!
Now we only need to find a way to have it multilanguage with the minimum overhead.

In each case, I will submit a new version soon, it will already a lot better, and probably almost perfect for the ones with US file names...

(2012-12-19, 14:36)PistachioPedro Wrote: I think I've found another bug here. I have the cast scraping settings to IMDB full and when an actor is playing two characters, I'm not getting a decent result. Here's a couple of screens, the first is from Buried (2010) and you can see that what should be one line is spread out over three. There's actually meant to be a third character after Donna Mitchell as well.

I see and can replicate the issue, but honestly I don't know why this is happening. I will look into this in more detail later.

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper - olympia - 2012-12-21

IMDb search should be fixed in Universal Scraper v2.1.0.

This means that the Universal Scraper - by its default settings - functioning exactly on the same way as the IMDb scraper before. In other words, the Universal Scraper - by its default settings - is basically an IMDb scraper.