Kodi Community Forum
Release Universal Movie Scraper - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Information Providers (scrapers) (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=147)
+----- Forum: Movie Scrapers (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=302)
+----- Thread: Release Universal Movie Scraper (/showthread.php?tid=129821)

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - oldino - 2013-02-15

(2013-02-15, 14:54)olympia Wrote: This is not a 'Universal Scraper' issue. The 'Universal Scraper' is just featured with the new poster handling of Frodo what I guess is not true for XBMC Commander based on the above. So you don't have a problem with the 'Universal Scraper' or Frodo, but with XBMC Commander.

I have made same question to xbmc commander developer and waiting for a response. But I was wondering: would it be possible to add an option to match "thumb" field with "poster" field? Doing it manually solves all problems with my movies but it's a very long operation...

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - Devildude - 2013-02-17

Hi olympia,
i have have one question.
i am useing the Videobuster scraper a long time because this is the only that finds german trailers for 95% of my movies.
But from Posters, Plot, actors and much more i prefer the tmdb.
Is it possible to get ONLY the Trailers from VB and the rest from tmbd in the Universal Scraper?

I think that is fantastic for all german users because the trailers from YT and HD Trailers are the most time in english.

NG
Devildude

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - olympia - 2013-02-17

Hi, why don't you add those trailers to TMDb?

Hi, i have 1000+ Movies...it would take Month.
I understand...you would push the tmdb for xbmc.
its a nice idea but there are just a few german trailers

Re: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - olympia - 2013-02-17

Hi, this is because German community seems to be too lazy to build this up jointly. To be fair, it's not only the German community, but given the number of users from Germany, if everyone would just add 10 trailers it wouldn't take long. Certainly it's easier to take everything for free without shame and with lame excuses.

I personally added 200+ artist images to fanart.tv. 100+ artists to theaudiodb.com. I also added many many plots and trailers on my own language to tmdb. I added numerous links to musicbrainz.

...and I am the one who besides that is developing you the scrapers.

I have a high stress job and working 10+ hours a day without the possibility to work on xbmc or doing any private stuff.

I have a family as well with a 10 months old to take care of.

I can tell you it's frustrating like hell and f.cking annoying at the same time to hear every time how many movies or artists you guys have.

...and I can tell you it definitely wouldn't take a month to add trailers for 1000 movies.

It's not about pushing tmdb. It's about something for giving back and contribute.

Ok, i understand the Problem.
but you can not say this to all users.
i would like to help the community so far as i can.
i created a account on tmdb a few hours ago and look how all stuff works.
in my nfos i have a link from the trailers of videobuster...i can not post this on tmdb...they accept only youtube isnt it?

YT is a good source for trailers...but i think they are loading longer sometimes as in videobuster.
this is the main reason why i prefer videobuster

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - Voyager - 2013-02-17

(2013-02-14, 18:13)olympia Wrote:
(2013-02-11, 19:16)Voyager Wrote:
(2013-02-11, 17:53)olympia Wrote: I knew this will be the next Smile
I might have a look on this eventually. Nevertheless you can always create nfo files for these types. You can't have that many of these that it would end up in a real pain. :p

Looking forward to it. And thanks for the great work here.

Added at v2.4.0 (by the only exception of TV Episodes)

Thanks so much for the great work! You're my hero :-)

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - Doogal - 2013-02-18

Sorry if this has been answered before but from initial search it hasn't.

I am running XBMC on a Raspberry Pi and its working really well, RaspBMC is on the latest version and was installed yesterday.

I ran a scrape last night a couple of times, just to ensure it wasn't an isolated problem but managed to get it to reoccur identically.

The symptoms are as follows: the scrape completes 100% correctly and all information is retrieved and it is all visible through the video menu digging down to the files themselves but there are no entries (zero) in the movies menu, the movies menu was created after the scrape so it is doing something but I was surprised to not see anything at all.

Any ideas? I understand that this may not be down to the scraper but I am trying to follow a methodical pattern for working out the fault Smile

Thanks very much!

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - olympia - 2013-02-18

I don't know much about RaspBMC, nor I have a Raspberry Pi to test, but no, it's definitely not something down to the scraper.

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - pcjco - 2013-02-20

I do some kind of non regression test regularly with this excellent addon and tonight comparison with reference shows that the following fields seem broken (using IMDB scraper) :
<credits></credits>
<director></director>
<studio></studio>

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - scudlee - 2013-02-20

(2013-02-20, 01:09)pcjco Wrote: I do some kind of non regression test regularly with this excellent addon and tonight comparison with reference shows that the following fields seem broken (using IMDB scraper) :
<credits></credits>
<director></director>
<studio></studio>

Should (hopefully) be fixed now.

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - pcjco - 2013-02-20

(2013-02-20, 16:53)scudlee Wrote: Should (hopefully) be fixed now.
Yes it is working again.
It was not directly in the Universal Movie Scraper addon as it didn't need to be updated.

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - AndroiDad75 - 2013-02-24

Can this work for "adult" titles? I ask because I read that if I go into IMDB, I can change their search to include adult titles, but it doesn't look like this scraper lets me put in my credentials for IMDB. I built nfo's for some adult titles, but it seems to want a scraper that works, and isn't pulling in any of the nfo's for the movies.

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - tungmeister - 2013-02-27

I'm having an issue trying to scrape the 2012 Disney short Paperman, it's not coming up in the list of possible films when I try to manually scrap it. There is an entry for it on tmdb and imdb so I'm stumped?

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - olympia - 2013-02-27

(2013-02-27, 15:23)tungmeister Wrote: I'm having an issue trying to scrape the 2012 Disney short Paperman, it's not coming up in the list of possible films when I try to manually scrap it. There is an entry for it on tmdb and imdb so I'm stumped?

You will need to look at the search options of the scraper...
...or create an nfo file with the IMDb link.