Kodi Community Forum
Release Universal Movie Scraper - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Information Providers (scrapers) (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=147)
+----- Forum: Movie Scrapers (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=302)
+----- Thread: Release Universal Movie Scraper (/showthread.php?tid=129821)

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - meka - 2013-06-08

(2013-06-05, 11:25)meka Wrote: Hi,

I've been using XBMC since a few days and use the Universal Movie Scraper to build up my library and its working great so far... I've been searching around some issues I've been having, but havn't found an anwser to them:
  • Is it possible to correct an incorrectly matched movie? For example from the File "Candy (2006)" the UMS detects the movie Candy Stripers (2006), I've tried to rename it again but for some reason the UMS sticks with this one instead of the obvious Candy (2006). Is there a way to somehow force an IMDB value? Or select from possible matches with user interaction if UMS is unsure which title is best?
  • Is there a way to distinguish between different version of a movie and display this in the library? For example Blade Runner (1982) [Theatrical Cut], Blade Runner (1982) [Director's Cut], Blade Runner (1982) [Final Cut]?
  • Is it possible to edit the set definitions provided after scraping? I really like the idea but there are a lot of sets where only one movie exists in the library and there aren't even any sequels made.. so I don't understand the need for a set there. Or is it possible to flatten the grouping in sets if there is only one movie present in the set? If I only own the first Matrix movie, I wouldn't need it to be residing in a set.
  • Could UMS put a tag on Movies where it couldn't find a match from in IMDB? For example "No Match"... it would make it

If I've overlooked some information regarding this I'm sorry. As I said I'm fairly new to XBMC and these were just the things I couldn't get answers on.
Any ideas? Huh

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - SorryGoFish - 2013-06-10

(2013-06-08, 12:17)meka Wrote:
(2013-06-05, 11:25)meka Wrote: Hi,

I've been using XBMC since a few days and use the Universal Movie Scraper to build up my library and its working great so far... I've been searching around some issues I've been having, but havn't found an anwser to them:
  • Is it possible to correct an incorrectly matched movie? For example from the File "Candy (2006)" the UMS detects the movie Candy Stripers (2006), I've tried to rename it again but for some reason the UMS sticks with this one instead of the obvious Candy (2006). Is there a way to somehow force an IMDB value? Or select from possible matches with user interaction if UMS is unsure which title is best?
  • Is there a way to distinguish between different version of a movie and display this in the library? For example Blade Runner (1982) [Theatrical Cut], Blade Runner (1982) [Director's Cut], Blade Runner (1982) [Final Cut]?
  • Is it possible to edit the set definitions provided after scraping? I really like the idea but there are a lot of sets where only one movie exists in the library and there aren't even any sequels made.. so I don't understand the need for a set there. Or is it possible to flatten the grouping in sets if there is only one movie present in the set? If I only own the first Matrix movie, I wouldn't need it to be residing in a set.
  • Could UMS put a tag on Movies where it couldn't find a match from in IMDB? For example "No Match"... it would make it

If I've overlooked some information regarding this I'm sorry. As I said I'm fairly new to XBMC and these were just the things I couldn't get answers on.
Any ideas? Huh

Much of this can be done with .nfo files.

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - Kikibgd - 2013-06-12

hey guys, any problems with connecting to the server? i get some errors like "unable to connect to remote server" same goes for movie database....

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - n1md4 - 2013-06-14

Hi, having an interesting issue with scraping a TV cartoon series, ThunderCats. I have the correct library naming scheme:

e.g.

~/videos/series/ThunderCats/Season\ 01/Thundercats\ S01E01.avi

I have successfully scraped season 1 and 2, but have an issue with the others.

The file listing under season 3 looks like this:

Thundercats S03E01.avi
Thundercats S03E20.avi

But they do not scrape at all. I did notice, before I had season 2 scraped correctly that episodes 21+ would scrape the correct titles from season 3 episode 1+ (I hope that makes sense). There is nothing reported in debugging, so not really sure what's going on here. Any ideas?

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - olympia - 2013-06-14

...and how this comes down to the Universal Movie Scraper? Big Grin

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - n1md4 - 2013-06-14

Fair point! Smile Most likely doesn't I suppose. Any ideas on this behaviour though?

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - olympia - 2013-06-14

Not from my side...

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - JuggalotusHeat - 2013-06-15

Is all the art stored in the userdata thumbanil folder? If so, is there a way to have it store all the art in fanart/extrafanart within my library? Trying to get everything organized :O)

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - gargamon - 2013-06-15

Does this scraper look for local subtitle files? That is, if the movie is named "Inception.avi", the subtitles would be named "Inception.srt". I would like this so I could tell without loading the movie if the subtitles were present.

I think there are many more "srt" subtitles out there than the ones inside the video file.

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - n1md4 - 2013-06-15

(2013-06-14, 16:32)olympia Wrote: Not from my side...

Do AVI files have tags that are checked for scraping, or is it solely done with file and directory naming?

ffmpeg -i <filename> gets the data, no mention of the video filename, so must be the actual filename .. weird problem.

Moving seasons 3 and 4 all in to 2, and then renaming the file's SssEee in a chronological order fixed this issue.

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - n1md4 - 2013-06-15

I've another problem now. I have the TV series Ulysses 31.

The episodes are scraped incorrectly though. Here is a list of what the scraper finds:-

S01E02 the eternal punishment
S01E03 the black sphere
S01E04 flowers of fear
S01E05 mutiny on board
S01E06 the lost planet
S01E07 secret of the sphinx
S01E08 chronos father of time
S01E09 guardian of the cosmic winds

and here is a list of episode titles observed by playing the episode:-

S01E02 the lost planet
S01E03 the black sphere
S01E04 guardian of the cosmic winds
S01E05 the eternal punishment
S01E06 flowers of fear
S01E07 mutiny on board
S01E08 secret of the sphinx
S01E09 chronos father of time

According to thetvdb the latter list is correct, so any idea why they are scraped incorrectly?

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - Milhouse - 2013-06-15

Your show seems to have been scraped in DVD order.

Re: RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - n1md4 - 2013-06-15

(2013-06-15, 19:54)MilhouseVH Wrote: Your show seems to have been scraped in DVD order.

How does that work? Surely if the file name matches that of thetvdb then it would name the title accordingly ?

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - Milhouse - 2013-06-15

(2013-06-15, 22:12)n1md4 Wrote: How does that work? Surely if the file name matches that of thetvdb then it would name the title accordingly ?

Well, in the TVDB scraper settings, there is an option "Use DVD Order", or not, in which case it will use the "Aired" order. I'd expect the episode name to be meaningless (and in my experience, it is) as it's the SnnEnn part of the filename that is important.

Although I'm confused about which scraper you have actually used, as you're posting about a TV show in the Universal Movie Scraper thread... Huh

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - n1md4 - 2013-06-16

(2013-06-15, 22:25)MilhouseVH Wrote:
(2013-06-15, 22:12)n1md4 Wrote: How does that work? Surely if the file name matches that of thetvdb then it would name the title accordingly ?

Well, in the TVDB scraper settings, there is an option "Use DVD Order"

I'll check that out, thanks.

Renamed episodes to match DVD order, and now working.

(2013-06-15, 22:25)MilhouseVH Wrote: Although I'm confused about which scraper you have actually used, as you're posting about a TV show in the Universal Movie Scraper thread... Huh

Good point Smile Although, in hindsight, I can not find a [RELEASE] thetvdb scraper equivalent thread.