Kodi Community Forum
Release Universal Movie Scraper - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Information Providers (scrapers) (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=147)
+----- Forum: Movie Scrapers (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=302)
+----- Thread: Release Universal Movie Scraper (/showthread.php?tid=129821)

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - LRa - 2013-08-18

Hi,
How do I set the options to search IMDB for short movies on?

Thanks

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - olympia - 2013-08-18

(2013-08-18, 14:39)LRa Wrote: Hi,
How do I set the options to search IMDB for short movies on?

Thanks

Hi, the option for this is not hidden in the scraper settings.

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - Aresius - 2013-08-18

Hi olympia,

do you have a hint for me on the issue I described in post #669

Thanks.

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - olympia - 2013-08-18

(2013-08-18, 23:43)Aresius Wrote: Hi olympia,

do you have a hint for me on the issue I described in post #669

Thanks.

Yes, the problem is the since you insert the TMDb link the scraping is picked up by the TMDb scraper. The resolution would be to disable the TMDb scraper, but that doesn't seem to be possible due to some bug in XBMC.

I think a potential workaround would be to insert the IMDb link into the nfo. Fields will be still scraper from TMDb if this is what you set in the scraper settings. You will have a problem if the movie doesn't exist on IMDb, but this should be very rare.

...and next time please include a debug log (you probably get a faster response as well).

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - Aresius - 2013-08-20

(2013-08-18, 23:53)olympia Wrote: I think a potential workaround would be to insert the IMDb link into the nfo. Fields will be still scraper from TMDb if this is what you set in the scraper settings. You will have a problem if the movie doesn't exist on IMDb, but this should be very rare.

Thanks a lot, that's working for the moment. Big Grin

(2013-08-18, 23:53)olympia Wrote: ...and next time please include a debug log (you probably get a faster response as well).

I will remember this for the next time. Angel

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - Radar - 2013-08-21

(2013-06-27, 16:34)MilhouseVH Wrote:
(2013-06-27, 15:24)meka Wrote: Is it possible if the movie database has multiple runtime entries to let the user select from these? Or match the entries to the real runtime of the video file? Or simply use this value in the first place? For example Lord Of the Rings is displayed with 178min although its the EE with 208min. Is it possible to solve this in the scraper?

If you have an nfo with streamdetails, it seems to ignore the <runtime> tag and instead use the streamdetails <durationinseconds> tag.

My Two Towers .nfo (created by Ember) has the following:

Code:
  <runtime>179 min  | 223 min (special extended edition) | 235 min (extended edition)</runtime>
  <fileinfo>
    <streamdetails>
      <audio>
        <channels>6</channels>
        <codec>ac3</codec>
      </audio>
      <video>
        <aspect>2.424</aspect>
        <codec>h264</codec>
        <durationinseconds>13071</durationinseconds>
        <height>528</height>
        <scantype>Progressive</scantype>
        <width>1280</width>
      </video>
    </streamdetails>
  </fileinfo>

yet the GUI runtime is shown as 217 minutes (13071 seconds is 217m 51s).

I have this same question re the <runtime> in .nfo files for movies. I've looked at the code with simple changes not doing anything but read the duration from the 1st file it reads. I'm guessing it's hardcoded into the software?

In my instance, I have an old DVD "Bridge On The River Kwai" that I've combined on the media centre with the two movie files as one ISO image. Works fine, except it reads the 1st movie file within the ISO at 74mins where I would like it to read the time that I enter into the .nfo file eg <runtime>155</runtime>. This is not the only film I've done this too and yes, I could use stacking but couldn't this be read from what I enter just like the TV episodes does.

Is there something I'm missing like a code that will override and read the .nfo file.

I'm running my system offline. I edit the .nfo so it locates the images (fanart, folder) locally rather than searching online. So you can see why I would like it to read the data in the .nfo.

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - SorryGoFish - 2013-08-22

The wrong title is getting scraped for http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0796366/ - Instead of "Star Trek" it's getting "Star Trek (IMAX DMR version)". Thanks.

Re: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - TRaSH - 2013-08-22

Did you try adding the year ?

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - wgstarks - 2013-08-25

I didn't like the way IMDB listed the cast in alphabetical order, some major characters get ignored because they are too far down in the list. So I decided to switch Universal Movie Scraper to use TMDB for cast credits. But it continues to scrape credits from IMDB regardless of my settings. Here are my current settings-

I tried to upload a debug log as well but it was to large. The log does show Universal Movie Scraper scraping cast info from IMDB. Be glad to upload an edited log if it's of any use.

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - olympia - 2013-08-25

Change scraper settings in the proper place (Change Content on the source). In System/settings you only change the scraper defaults and since XBMC supports different scraper settings for different sources, the defaults doesn't get applied sources you already have and set content on them.

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - wgstarks - 2013-08-25

(2013-08-25, 07:15)olympia Wrote: Change scraper settings in the proper place (Change Content on the source). In System/settings you only change the scraper defaults and since XBMC supports different scraper settings for different sources, the defaults doesn't get applied sources you already have and set content on them.

Thanks. Completely missed that when I was setting up the source.

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - nomeutente - 2013-09-04

Crossposting from http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=172717

I recently tried Universal Movie Scraper instead of the default TMDB Scraper because I wanted to get back some infos fetched with IMDB (ie. plots). Universal Movie Scraper with default settings is able to scrape all the info about the movie successfully apart from the movie poster, it displays a random thumb instead. Here is a screenshot:

http://i.imgur.com/buPB62g.png

I was having some other problem with the last relase of the artwork downloader so I tried it on a clean XBMC install
I tried changing the Universal Movie Scraper poster's option to switch between IMDB and TMDB but with no luck.

edit: tried again on a clean xbmc install and everything is working fine, dunno what was wrong before.

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - lennie paz - 2013-09-05

I'm getting everything for my movie collection, except the plot. If I press "I" when I have a movie highlighted, all the info is there, except the plot. If I click on the refresh button, it downloads the plot. This will take forever, so is there a way to automatically get the plot for all my movies?

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - SorryGoFish - 2013-09-05

A movie of mine (imdb tt0255575) is not fetching (poster) artwork even though it is present on IMDB and other sites. Thanks.

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - mbc0 - 2013-09-05

Hi,

Due to the change of search with TMDB (Not using years any more) I have installed this add-on and set the scraper to use IMDB but whenever I do a scan/update library I get a message at the top of the screen saying scanning movies using the movie database still? how can I stop the scanner from using TMDB? if I go into the addon's TMDB cannot be disabled or uninstalled?

Thanks in advance...