Kodi Community Forum
Release Universal Movie Scraper - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Information Providers (scrapers) (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=147)
+----- Forum: Movie Scrapers (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=302)
+----- Thread: Release Universal Movie Scraper (/showthread.php?tid=129821)

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - LawF0rge52 - 2015-01-05

(2015-01-04, 22:40)olympia Wrote:
(2015-01-04, 17:46)LawF0rge52 Wrote:
(2015-01-04, 17:35)olympia Wrote: Finding titles on the selected language is best effort. Given we are not using an API from IMDb, but scraping the web, and IMDb is not very consistent, you will never get 100% accuracy. There will always be exceptions which won't work. You will need to rename these manually. Let me know if there is an issue with the langauge in more than 3 cases out of 10 and I will look at it.

Maybe you will get better results by using Movie titles from themoviedb.org.

No, IMDb is consistent in that case. The correct entry exists in IMDb but the scraper doesn't retrieve the correct one. Naming is totally correct. Searching on IMDb web page will find needed entry.

But anyway... You're totally right. themoviedb.org seems to be much better! Specially the API is very nice and much faster then IMDb scraping.

Cheers

Well, for you, nickr already suggested the proper solution. To find Sintel you need to enable "Include All Movie Categories" in the scraper settings. Sintel is a short movie and to increase accuracy of automatic scraping, shorts are disabled by default.

Other than that I didn't mean using the themoviedb.org scraper over UMS as UMS is more feature rich; I meant to set scraping titles from themoviedb.org in UMS settings instead of IMDb.

...and lastly, better not making statements what is consistent and what is not unless you know a lot about HTML and how web scraping works in overall Wink

In case of the short movie "Sintel" that should be the logical and proper solution but not in my case because it's a normal movie. But anyway that's a good hint for maybe some other scraper issues.

Oh misunderstanding! I still using UMS but with TMDb option ;-) That seems to work very smoothly! I really like UMS because of more options to specify and control the scraper.

Mhhh... I just referring to the IMDb consistency and not to the scraper results :-)

Ah I see... You got the root cause for my case :-) Yes, one of the results is "In Development". Nice to know and maybe good bug report as well ;-)

Thanks for help!

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - Rickt1962 - 2015-01-05

Question I just updated my Windows PC to a small SSD drive which has Gotham 13.2 and the rest of my media to a Western Digital Cloud Drive under NAS using smb how can I get it to scan the media Folders pics and fanart it seems it keeps swallowing up my SSD and I want the info on the other drive. I have several STB running gotham all off the same network drive

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - vamapaull - 2015-01-13

Where is Universal Movie Scraper gets the info from?

I have a video with the name: A Charlie Brown Christmas
And it's recognized as: The Making of 'A Charlie Brown Christmas'

I've tried to refresh the info, but the only result is: The Making of 'A Charlie Brown Christmas'

The movie info it's both on IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0059026/
And on themoviedb: http://www.themoviedb.org/movie/13187-a-charlie-brown-christmas

I have the plugin with the default settings (searching on IMDB) but I tried Universal Movie Scraper setup to search on themoviedb.org, with no luck. The only result is that making of info.

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - olympia - 2015-01-13

'A Charlie Brown Christmas' is classified as a "short" movie on IMDb what is not recognized by default by the Universal Scraper to increase accuracy of automatic scraping.

You have 3 options:
- Enable all movie category in the scraper settings of UMS (last tab). You need to do this on the video source (not via systems/settings/addons) using set content on the source. If you have the movie in a separate folder, you can change the setting only on that folder and keep the source setting as it was
- Switch search engine to themoviedb.org. Again, you need to do this on the video source (not via systems/settings/addons) using set content on the source. If you have the movie in a separate folder, you can change the setting only on that folder and keep the source setting as it was
- add an nfo file with the same name as the video file and add the IMDb link into it.

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - vamapaull - 2015-01-13

Thank you very much! I've struggled a lot with this problem the last few days. I've simply solved it with the last option, the nfo file. Thank you again!

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - jenssen99 - 2015-01-13

Hello,

When I use the Universal Movie Scraper with IMDB, it adds the rating number after the title.

I have some questions or options what would maybe be nice additions to the scraper functionality (or is this somehow already possible?):
- Is it also possible to mark the items in the library which are rated by yourself on IMDB? Or is this simply not possible because you then need somewhere to enter a username/password which can not be used via a script?
- To see your own rating somewhere behind the movie.
- To see if a movie from your library is on your watchlist of IMDB (this is possible with Genesis/Isteam plugin) but I can not find somewhere how to add this with local files.

Thanks for the feedback.

Kind regards.

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - keiron99 - 2015-01-17

Can someone please help. I have the scraper configured to use titles from IMDB.

I have a movie in my collection "15 Minutes that Shook The World" (2009) . It is given that exact name, as it is in IMDB. Yet when I scrape, it comes back with "The Voyage that Shook the World".

I'm at a complete loss with this - can anyone please help?

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - vamapaull - 2015-01-17

Hello keiron99,
Have you tried any of the methods posted by olympia ?
Just check the message above.

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - keiron99 - 2015-01-17

Ah, yes, the movies I refer to is a "short". However, having read more, I am reluctant to select "include all movie categories" because I read that it screws up the search for the rest of the library.

In this case, what I did was change the settings to use themoivedb and just scraped for that one movie, then switched back to UMS.

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - wgstarks - 2015-01-17

(2015-01-17, 12:10)keiron99 Wrote: Can someone please help. I have the scraper configured to use titles from IMDB.

I have a movie in my collection "15 Minutes that Shook The World" (2009) . It is given that exact name, as it is in IMDB. Yet when I scrape, it comes back with "The Voyage that Shook the World".

I'm at a complete loss with this - can anyone please help?

Since this movie is a Short, you will need to enable "Include All Categories" in the UMS Search settings for the video source in question. You could also use an nfo file with the imdb url to point UMS to the correct listing.

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - neurosis13 - 2015-01-19

what about the mpaa rating description, is this off the table now or to difficult to implement?
i really miss this feature so i hope it will find its way into Universal Movie Scraper somehow.

thanks a lot.

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - bleakassassin - 2015-01-31

EDIT: As it turns out, my problem might be something else.

I have Universal Movie Scraper set to scrape taglines from themoviedb.org. However, it is still scraping from IMDB instead. Anyone know why this is? Thanks!

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - Cyntil8ing - 2015-02-08

Anyone else having issues with getting ratings from Rotten Tomatoes?

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - jadedcyborg - 2015-02-12

(2015-02-08, 02:50)Cyntil8ing Wrote: Anyone else having issues with getting ratings from Rotten Tomatoes?

Yeah, doesn't work for me either. Switch to this scraper just to get RT ratings which I find to be way more accurate than TMDB or iMDB, so it's a real bummer that this so-called "flagship" scraper doesn't work. Guess I'll be switching back to the standard one.

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - olympia - 2015-02-14

It's was working for 2.5 years. Yes, it is a real shame on us we couldn't turn around yet after Rotten Tomatoes broke their API and we were not able to implement a new solution.

Please go back to the standard one and never look back.