Kodi Community Forum
Release Universal Movie Scraper - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Information Providers (scrapers) (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=147)
+----- Forum: Movie Scrapers (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=302)
+----- Thread: Release Universal Movie Scraper (/showthread.php?tid=129821)

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - nuovacarne - 2017-12-22

(2017-12-22, 10:25)Karellen Wrote: Hello nuovacarne

Please read the post immediately before yours.
 ;-*

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - olympia - 2017-12-22

OK, I've found some time and it was not as bad as I initially thought. Please test this with IMDb common library v2.9.5 as soon as it gets available.
(should auto-update in 24 hours, or you can try to accelerate the update my forcing Kodi to check updates in the side panel from within addons manager).

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - FC4L - 2017-12-22

Cast scans properly now. MPAA rating still does not.

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - olympia - 2017-12-23

(2017-12-22, 20:36)FC4L Wrote: Cast scans properly now. MPAA rating still does not.
 Switch from USA to "United States"

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - carmatana - 2017-12-23

(2017-12-23, 00:06)olympia Wrote:  Switch from USA to "United States"  
How I can do this?

My configuration already is to get MPAA from "United States" but it is not scanned

I tried changing to UK with NO success

thanks

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - olympia - 2017-12-23

You need to set this on the source, I suspect you are trying to change this in addons manager.

Use change content from the context menu on the given source.

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - jcea - 2017-12-23

I just got the update of "metadata.common.imdb.com" to version 2.9.5. Let's try...

Scrapping my films, they are found but the title is set to English instead of the selected "Spain" version.

What can I do?

[Release] Universal Movie Scraper - olympia - 2017-12-23

Nahh, looks like there were changes for the titles as well on IMDb I will need to tackle...

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - AGLyons - 2017-12-25

Tried installing this tonight since I was having issues with TMDB connection failures. Trouble is, so was the Kodi Repository. This add-on just would not install! Nothing, no error and no download. It just kept bringing me back to the list of add-ons in the repository.

Any ideas?

Anyone else having issues with TMDB not connecting? There's been no response to my tweet to them (mind you it is Xmas eve)

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - jcea - 2017-12-26

(2017-12-26, 11:06)olympia Wrote: I cannot reproduce/ confirm this. 
@olympia , are you aware/working in the bad spanish title scrapping?.

Details:

1. My file titles are in spanish.
2. The scrapper identifies the film correctly, data about actors, brief, etc., are correctly parsed.
3. Nevertheless, the title inserted in the library is the USA title, instead the "Spain" title, as selected in the scrapper configuration. This used to work until the recent IMDB change.
I am using the last "metadata.common.imdb.com" release: 2.9.5.

Are you aware/working on this?. Can I help you?.

Thanks for your time and effort!.

Thanks!.

[Release] Universal Movie Scraper - olympia - 2017-12-26

Yes, almost done; hopefully I can release it tomorrow.

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - jcea - 2017-12-26

(2017-12-26, 18:29)olympia Wrote: Yes, almost done; hopefully I can release it tomorrow.
 Cool. I was fearing the uphill of trying to mess myself with the regular expressions to solve an issue that is killing me :-).

Your time and effort is highly appreciated, @olympia. Let me know to when I can try it.

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - jcea - 2017-12-28

(2017-12-27, 17:16)olympia Wrote:
(2017-12-26, 20:02)jcea Wrote:
(2017-12-26, 18:29)olympia Wrote: Yes, almost done; hopefully I can release it tomorrow.
 Cool. I was fearing the uphill of trying to mess myself with the regular expressions to solve an issue that is killing me :-).

Your time and effort is highly appreciated, @olympia. Let me know to when I can try it.  
 IMDb scraper library v2.9.6 has been just pushed. I am sure it's not perfect (I could only do limited testing), please test it further and report problems (although it will probably work quite well for you for Spanish titles; there might be issues with "keep original" and "US / International" settings).

Sorry for the delay. It was caused by trying to understand my own fuzzy logic I applied few years ago, while the pages those have been made for, were not existing any longer.

Localized title scraping from IMDb is getting worse/ slower now. We need to parse an additional page now. In the past IMDb /combined page included aka titles as well, now we need another call for /releaseinfo page. So for sure you will experience some slowdowns. Cure is to use TMDb... Smile 
 Ok, @olympia. I had to wait a couple of days because my Raspberry PI is 600 km away and I had to wait until OSMC decided it was time to update the addon.

New version (2.9.6) seems to work fine. I will test it in deep in the next couple of days. So far, it works fine. Performance is acceptable.

Thanks a lot.

That said there is something annoying me for years and years. In Spain we have several different local languages beside Spanish (There are at least three different regional languages: Galicia, Catalan and Basque). When scrapping, the scrapper try to choose one "Spain" variant at random. Would be possible to choose always "Spain"when available, instead of the variants like "Spain (Catalan title)".

Example: In "close encounters of the third kind" we have three "Spain" entries: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075860/releaseinfo :
  1. Spain (Catalan title): Encontres a la tercera fase
  2. Spain: Encuentros en la tercera fase
  3. Spain (reissue title) Encuentros en la tercera fase: Edición especial
I think that the right choice should "2". Frequently the library chooses "1" ("Spain (Catalan title)") and I need to add a manual "NFO" file by hand. When available, I think the library should choose the generic version "Spain" instead of the local version "Spain (XXXX)".

What do you think?. Thanks.

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - olympia - 2017-12-29

Try v2.9.7 if it is any better... Wink

Edit: by the way, you should consider using title from tmdb, probably it's more safe?!

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - HeresJohnny - 2017-12-29

@jcea Thanks for the education. Also, it's scraping not scrapping. Thought you'd like to know.