Kodi Community Forum
Release Universal Movie Scraper - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Information Providers (scrapers) (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=147)
+----- Forum: Movie Scrapers (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=302)
+----- Thread: Release Universal Movie Scraper (/showthread.php?tid=129821)

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - jcea - 2017-12-29

(2017-12-29, 01:04)olympia Wrote: Try v2.9.7 if it is any better... Wink

Edit: by the way, you should consider using title from tmdb, probably it's more safe?!
 Great. I can not check it easily retroactively because I already deployed tons and tons of NFO files, but I will be paying attention to future "Spain (catalan title)" instead od "Spain" instances.

Thanks a lot, @olympia.

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - olympia - 2017-12-30

(2017-12-29, 20:52)jcea Wrote:
(2017-12-29, 01:04)olympia Wrote: Try v2.9.7 if it is any better... Wink

Edit: by the way, you should consider using title from tmdb, probably it's more safe?!
 Great. I can not check it easily retroactively because I already deployed tons and tons of NFO files, but I will be paying attention to future "Spain (catalan title)" instead od "Spain" instances.

Thanks a lot, @olympia
Frankly speaking, since this was bugging you years and years, I expected some more testing... Anyhow, probably will work...

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - jcea - 2017-12-31

(2017-12-30, 21:02)olympia Wrote:
(2017-12-29, 20:52)jcea Wrote:
(2017-12-29, 01:04)olympia Wrote: ---Try v2.9.7 if it is any better... Wink

Thanks a lot, @olympia.  
Frankly speaking, since this was bugging you years and years, I expected some more testing... Anyhow, probably will work...
Do not feel disappointed, @olympia. I am 600 km away of my raspberry for a couple of weeks or three, my test environment is impaired. Nevertheless, in the last couple of days I tried like 30 films, with a "Spain (Catalan title)" title. All of them are correctly named with the "Spain" title. I feel so happy now!.

I add several new films per day to my collection. If I don't complain is because everything is good so far. I am glad you did this work and I am happy with the result.

Good work, @olympia .

I only noticed a glitch in a Spanish film from 1964 (so far), so obscure that I basically do not care. Since you asked :-), this film (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0057027/) release date is stored as "0" in the library database. Details like Director or interpreters seems OK.

I was not my intention bugging you with this because this film is so minor that details in IMDB are probably missing or wrong. In IMDB webpage, the release date is 15 june 1964, but the scraper stored "0" in the database. I don't know the reason and I think that investing time trying to solve it are a waste if this doesn't affect other films.

@olympia, ignore that film. It is most probably an example of missing data in IMDB. This is just an example that I actually test your release a dozen times per day :-).

@olympia , last release works perfectly and apparently (with quite a few (>30) tests) solves the reported issue. I add new films every day. If I find any issue I will let you know.

Thanks for your time, your effort and your knowledge and expertise with this. Thanks too for letting me know that my last comment was... "insufficient" for you. That is fine and fair. I hope you find this message more appreciative and rest ensured that I takes bug reporting and testing always seriously, but even more when you invest your free time in my requests so promptly.

Happy 2018 and keep being so invested and responsible!.

Thanks.

PS: Sorry for this messy reply. I am in a hurry and I don't have time to write it nicely now. I just wanted you to know that any mishap in the addon is going to be noticed by me in hours. Likewise, any bugfix is going to be tested pretty fast and I am pretty vocal when something breaks... :-).

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - olympia - 2018-01-01

@jcea, thanks for the words and appreciation, but I didn't mean you need to be overly graceful or something Smile I only expected some more tests and confirmation. I got your case now. Thank you!

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - kuabba82 - 2018-01-02

Hi everyone, and happy new year. I'm searching for an italian scraper since mymovies.it and movieplayer.it doesn't work anymore. I've installed this scraper and in settings I've done every choice for italian language, but the scraper search only in english...any ideas?

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - annomatik - 2018-01-02

Hi!

I was pointed to this thread from here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=326350&pid=2686067#pid2686067

My setup: I have three kind of movies. "English" should have English plots, "German" should have German plots and "Foreign" should have English plots. English + Foreign were easy, the themoviedb scrapper works for most of them. German seems to be tricky, some movies don't get scrapped, so I tried the Universal Scrapper.

Unfortunatelly, there does not seem to be an option to always get German plots (or nothing). Or did I overlook it? In "themoviedb scrapper", I can simply select the Plot-language, but in the Universal Scrapper, I couldn't find that option.

Kodi System-Language is set to English, and I'd like to keep it that way.

Thanks!

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - olympia - 2018-01-02

(2018-01-02, 14:00)kuabba82 Wrote: Hi everyone, and happy new year. I'm searching for an italian scraper since mymovies.it and movieplayer.it doesn't work anymore. I've installed this scraper and in settings I've done every choice for italian language, but the scraper search only in english...any ideas?
 Set the desired settings on the video source, not in systems/add-on settings. The latter only changes the defaults for new sources; already existing sources will have no impact.

(2018-01-02, 20:10)annomatik Wrote: Hi!

I was pointed to this thread from here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=326350&pid=2686067#pid2686067

My setup: I have three kind of movies. "English" should have English plots, "German" should have German plots and "Foreign" should have English plots. English + Foreign were easy, the themoviedb scrapper works for most of them. German seems to be tricky, some movies don't get scrapped, so I tried the Universal Scrapper.

Unfortunatelly, there does not seem to be an option to always get German plots (or nothing). Or did I overlook it? In "themoviedb scrapper", I can simply select the Plot-language, but in the Universal Scrapper, I couldn't find that option.

Kodi System-Language is set to English, and I'd like to keep it that way.

Thanks!
 Have a deeper look in the settings then; UMS settings doesn't consist of only one setting page, there are tabs there...

Edit: there is no German only mode though, it will fall back to English if German is not available... Also, UMS also scrapes German plot from themoviedb.org, so it will not going to be better than themoviedb scraper.

(2018-01-02, 20:36)olympia Wrote:
(2018-01-02, 14:00)kuabba82 Wrote: Hi everyone, and happy new year. I'm searching for an italian scraper since mymovies.it and movieplayer.it doesn't work anymore. I've installed this scraper and in settings I've done every choice for italian language, but the scraper search only in english...any ideas?
 Set the desired settings on the video source, not in systems/add-on settings. The latter only changes the defaults for new sources; already existing sources will have no impact. 
And so I did, but nothing changes. When I search for info I can see a windows where I can choose between the movie name in English or in Italian but also if I click on the italian one the info are still in English...

(2018-01-02, 20:47)kuabba82 Wrote:
(2018-01-02, 20:36)olympia Wrote:
And so I did, but nothing changes. When I search for info I can see a windows where I can choose between the movie name in English or in Italian but also if I click on the italian one the info are still in English... 
 Yes, because selecting a title on whatever language in the search box has nothing to do with selecting the language.
As I said, please change the scraper settings on the given video source -> Bring up context menu on the given source, select change content and set the scrapers settings from there.

(2018-01-02, 21:07)olympia Wrote:
(2018-01-02, 20:47)kuabba82 Wrote:
(2018-01-02, 20:36)olympia Wrote:  Set the desired settings on the video source, not in systems/add-on settings. The latter only changes the defaults for new sources; already existing sources will have no impact.  
 Yes, because selecting a title on whatever language in the search box has nothing to do with selecting the language.
As I said, please change the scraper settings on the given video source -> Bring up context menu on the given source, select change content and set the scrapers settings from there. 
 You mean the content of entire folder, not the single movie? But I already have thousands of movie with correct infos, can I do this without apply changes to the folder?

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - annomatik - 2018-01-02

(2018-01-02, 20:37)olympia Wrote:
(2018-01-02, 20:10)annomatik Wrote: Hi!

Thanks!
 Have a deeper look in the settings then; UMS settings doesn't consist of only one setting page, there are tabs there...

Edit: there is no German only mode though, it will fall back to English if German is not available... Also, UMS also scrapes German plot from themoviedb.org, so it will not going to be better than themoviedb scraper. 
 Well, I tried switching every language setting I found to German, didn't help. So I'm sticking to themoviedb scrapper, now knowing that UMS uses that anyway, and will add the missing stuff with NFOs.

Thanks!

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - nickr - 2018-01-02

If there is stuff missing from tmdb, for heaven's sake add it there.

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - tripkip - 2018-01-07

"/Snowman, The (2017)/Snowman, The (2017) Remux-1080p x264 DTS-HD MA.mkv" is scanned as "Snowmance (2017)"
Can it be my folder/file name or is there another issue?

RE: [Release] Universal Movie Scraper - Karellen - 2018-01-07

@tripkip,

Just tested your movie. Copied and pasted your folder and filename. Worked fine for me.

In case you don't know, but I am sure you do, use the Refresh button in the Movie Information page and a list of matching titles will be displayed where you can pick the correct movie.

If that fails, use a parsing nfo file... http://kodi.wiki/view/Nfo#Parsing_nfo