Kodi Community Forum
Android SickStache, CouchTatertot Apps - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Android SickStache, CouchTatertot Apps (/showthread.php?tid=130331)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: SickStache - Unofficial SickBeard Android App - bengalih - 2012-05-26

(2012-05-26, 08:56)Buttink Wrote: Well the reason for SickStache was I wanted something that was lighter then a Beard. So a Mustache was used. I have been trying to think of something good for CouchPotato but the entire name is based on a phrase so changing any part of it doesn't really work.

I disagree...Saying someone is a Couch Spud may not be as ubiquitous as a Couch Potato, but one would certainly infer the meaning of it.

Plus, you've already established a "brand" somewhat, and having all your apps with a similar scheme helps to brand them further.

You don't want to go with something stupid like CP-Controller or RemoteCP....those are just lame and don't serve to distinguish your app from others.

You could go with something like Potatroller or Remotato, or some other play on potatoes like MashPotato, or something like SmallPotatoes which is another colloquialism. I'm still preferential to CouchSpud as I think it compliments SickStache in naming style and I would always associate them together.

RE: SickStache - Unofficial SickBeard Android App - spookystew - 2012-05-26

(2012-05-26, 10:33)Buttink Wrote: Thanks for noticing the typo thankfully that is a string that I reference so I only have to change it in one place.

The address 127.0.0.1 is a loop back to the computer itself (its the same as "localhost"). 0.0.0.0 is a nothing address.

The address you want is of the machine SickBeard is running. So in my set up, I have a computer call "nas-server" aka "10.30.0.15". If I'm on that computer, I can go to IE/Firefox/Chrome and type "127.0.0.1" to access SickBeard, but your phone isn't running on that computer.

Assuming you use windows 7 ...

First on the machine running SickBeard, click on the start menu.
Type "cmd" and hit Enter
Type "hostname" and hit Enter
Go into SickStache and put the result into the hostname section.
Try it out.

I should write a how to set up in the google code wiki ......

Well, I feel retarded. Big Grin It was 192.168.1.9. I'm in ubuntu btw, I really don't have a good answer for why i didn't try that. Wink

It's all good, and a damned fine app sir, many thanks!

RE: SickStache - Unofficial SickBeard Android App - Buttink - 2012-05-26

(2012-05-26, 12:07)PogMoThoin Wrote: Armchair Spud like we Irish call it Big Grin

lol

(2012-05-26, 20:37)bengalih Wrote: I disagree...Saying someone is a Couch Spud may not be as ubiquitous as a Couch Potato, but one would certainly infer the meaning of it.

Plus, you've already established a "brand" somewhat, and having all your apps with a similar scheme helps to brand them further.

You don't want to go with something stupid like CP-Controller or RemoteCP....those are just lame and don't serve to distinguish your app from others.

You could go with something like Potatroller or Remotato, or some other play on potatoes like MashPotato, or something like SmallPotatoes which is another colloquialism. I'm still preferential to CouchSpud as I think it compliments SickStache in naming style and I would always associate them together.

I have asked people for a term that is a small potato so far the answer I keep getting is spud. I don't know why. Then again, I can't think of another term of a potato. There is like ... spud ..... and tater. Now that I think about it, I quite like CouchTater. or maybe ChairPotato?

(2012-05-26, 12:20)vfrjim Wrote: I installed SickStache and like it a lot to manage my sick beard server but have a question. I do not see an option to do a "mass update" My PC is usually down at 3am and since sick beard does not allow an adjustment of time to do the update, I need another way to tell it to update since I do not relaunch SB when it comes out of standby. Is there a way to do this with this app, it would make this a great app to me and would buy it, just for this feature. Thanks for a great app!

Mass updates didn't make it into 1.4. Sad The next version you should be able to long click a show or episode then perform actions on them. It wont be the fastest way to do mass edits (long click takes a bit longer) but I still like it.

(2012-05-26, 20:51)spookystew Wrote: Well, I feel retarded. Big Grin It was 192.168.1.9. I'm in ubuntu btw, I really don't have a good answer for why i didn't try that. Wink

It's all good, and a damned fine app sir, many thanks!

If you don't want to use your IP you can try your hostname which you can view with "less /etc/hostname". I try not to use IPs just because your DHCP server can reassign your IP and then you will have to change it.

RE: SickStache - Unofficial SickBeard Android App - Buttink - 2012-05-30

Does anyone mass update for SHOW quality and archive quality? I feel like this is to rare for me include as functionality. I feel as though if you are doing something like this you really should just use the web interface, but not every sickbeard user is the same. Right now, I just have pause, refresh, and update as mass show edit options.

RE: SickStache - Unofficial SickBeard Android App - bengalih - 2012-05-30

I agree of mass update for quality not being needed - if what you mean is multiple shows (not episodes of the same).

Meaning, if I am using SickStache to add a new show, I want to be able to easily choose ALL episodes (past and future) of that show to be an initial quality. I also want to be able to change that en masse if I enter it incorrectly or change my mind.

But, the ability to select 5 shows at once and change it....yeah I don't think that's needed in the short term.

RE: SickStache - Unofficial SickBeard Android App - Buttink - 2012-05-31

(2012-05-30, 17:41)bengalih Wrote: I agree of mass update for quality not being needed - if what you mean is multiple shows (not episodes of the same).

Meaning, if I am using SickStache to add a new show, I want to be able to easily choose ALL episodes (past and future) of that show to be an initial quality. I also want to be able to change that en masse if I enter it incorrectly or change my mind.

But, the ability to select 5 shows at once and change it....yeah I don't think that's needed in the short term.

Yes.

Already included in 1.4 (although there is a bug I fixed that only let you set initial or archive.) In 1.5 you will be able to mass set status of episodes.

Yah, that's what I thought. The thing is its easy enough to make. I might include it but only make it a Context Action Bar item that is only in the overflow menu.

RE: SickStache - Unofficial SickBeard Android App - skabyss - 2012-05-31

Hey buttink, I was trying to add a new show and noticed when choosing the quality, there is no button to confirm the choice like there is when you are setting the quality on an existing show. It also seems that this disallows any setting to be chosen, and results in the show not being added to sickbeard (I dont know if the show not adding had to do with the quality settings or not though).

Also, must the show quality default to custom? Would you be able to make it so you could choose between the default settings (SD, HD, Custom, ANY)?

Thanks for the work!

RE: SickStache - Unofficial SickBeard Android App - Buttink - 2012-06-01

(2012-05-31, 23:25)skabyss Wrote: Hey buttink, I was trying to add a new show and noticed when choosing the quality, there is no button to confirm the choice like there is when you are setting the quality on an existing show. It also seems that this disallows any setting to be chosen, and results in the show not being added to sickbeard (I dont know if the show not adding had to do with the quality settings or not though).

Also, must the show quality default to custom? Would you be able to make it so you could choose between the default settings (SD, HD, Custom, ANY)?

Thanks for the work!

What if you select quality and a dialog pops up with
Code:
+----------+
+SD        +
+HD        +
+CUSTOM    +
+ANY       +
+----------+
(no ok/cancel buttons)

If you click on Custom the current dialog boxes will pop up with ok cancel buttons.

I will also do more tests on the add shows. I did it a few times changing all the options and my shows were always added.

I have another week till 1.5 release. Right now, I'm trying to get selection to work with episodes (It sounds easy....but its hard), but I can do this. It wont take me so long anyway.

RE: SickStache - Unofficial SickBeard Android App - skabyss - 2012-06-01

That solution was pretty much precisely what I had in mind! Thanks!

RE: SickStache - Unofficial SickBeard Android App - TeKo - 2012-06-02

One smal thing could you change the textfield type for host and the other stuff?

I dont really know how this works but there are different types where the keyboards handles smybols differently.
For example when I use "." in a normal text field I get a space after it but not in fields for email and stuff.

RE: SickStache - Unofficial SickBeard Android App - Buttink - 2012-06-02

(2012-06-02, 20:16)TeKo Wrote: One smal thing could you change the textfield type for host and the other stuff?

I dont really know how this works but there are different types where the keyboards handles smybols differently.
For example when I use "." in a normal text field I get a space after it but not in fields for email and stuff.

I set all the text fields to what they should be, so passwords now do "******f". There is also no suggestions anymore. The android emulator doesn't do the space after "." so I'm hoping this fixed it.

RE: SickStache - Unofficial SickBeard Android App - Cryptic1911 - 2012-06-03

I just installed this, and it works awesome so far.. I love the speed. Most other apps are laggy, but this is nice and zippy. Good job dude!

RE: SickStache - Unofficial SickBeard Android App - Buttink - 2012-06-03

well I

implemented mass show and episode options
made a quality dialog with SD HD CUSTOM ANY
finally made an shitty about activity
fixed a spelling mistake
fixed add show bug with archive quality

I think I just might be feature complete. I will look over everything and if I'm done ill upload the new version soon.

RE: SickStache - Unofficial SickBeard Android App - TeKo - 2012-06-04

You said something about a CP app.
Are you planning to release a SABnzbd app?

With stuff like "set season as wanted" I can finally remove other SB apps and it would be really nice to have a matching SAB app.

I hope some ppl bought the app cause you really deserve it for the great work.

RE: SickStache - Unofficial SickBeard Android App - Buttink - 2012-06-05

(2012-06-04, 22:24)TeKo Wrote: You said something about a CP app.
Are you planning to release a SABnzbd app?

With stuff like "set season as wanted" I can finally remove other SB apps and it would be really nice to have a matching SAB app.

I hope some ppl bought the app cause you really deserve it for the great work.

I was thinking of making a CouchPotato app called CouchTater/CouchTaterTot, then maybe a SABnzbd+ app. Afterwords, I could just release a launcher app that will open the others. Although, I will admit that a SABnzbd+ app would be much easier compared to a CouchPotato app. Plus, I don't have a SABnzbd+ app that can retry a failed url get.

In the new version (not up yet), you can set seasons or episode status.

Currently, there is no way to set a "season" to wanted VIA the sickbeard api, BUT my app does allow it. What I do is instead call set status on all the episodes of the season. This does have a downside that there is a limit to the number of episodes you can actually mass edit. But its pretty large, like 100+ episodes at least (tested with 124 episodes at once). You cannot exceed 500KB in the request to sickbeard, so that's like 128000 characters in the url length. I doubt anyone will hit it but you could lol. I might try to make a setstatus for seasons patch to sickbeard later.