Kodi Community Forum
Android SickStache, CouchTatertot Apps - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Android SickStache, CouchTatertot Apps (/showthread.php?tid=130331)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: SickStache - Unofficial SickBeard Android App - skabyss - 2012-07-29

You are right, I am running cp on windows 7... was wondering too, would it he possible to launch movie trailers from your app?

Looking forward to a full version! I think you are on track to have the best set of these kind of applications!

RE: SickStache - Unofficial SickBeard Android App - Buttink - 2012-07-30

I could add movie trailers. A simple one would be to just open youtube.com searching for trailers. CouchPotato actually doesn't keep a link to trailers it just searches for it when you click. It shouldn't be to hard though to just get the first one from a search and open it. I don't know if I would make it a actionbar item or a clickable button in the edit and add movies view.

RE: SickStache - Unofficial SickBeard Android App - skabyss - 2012-07-31

Any ETA on a play store release of CouchTatertot? I want to give you more money.

RE: SickStache - Unofficial SickBeard Android App - Buttink - 2012-07-31

(2012-07-31, 22:50)skabyss Wrote: Any ETA on a play store release of CouchTatertot? I want to give you more money.

I'v been going over the code trying to see any more flaws. Last thing I want to do is to release it and have it crash for 50% people. I also have been trying to find a job lol. So, I have been taking programming tests they give me and writing a billion cover letters. I probably should just release it today.

RE: SickStache - Unofficial SickBeard Android App - Buttink - 2012-07-31

I published it. It should be available at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.couchtatertot when it comes up. It will probably take an hour or 2. Now I have to make more threads about my apps.

RE: SickStache - Unofficial SickBeard Android App - skabyss - 2012-08-01

Awesome, I'll be keeping an eye out for it to go live!

Not sure if you had planned on implementing it or not, but 'sharing' a movie from IMDB to a CP app seems to be a standard so far for these, could you consider adding it please?

..Sorry to put out requests before the app is even live, I'm an ass :p

Love your work!

RE: SickStache - Unofficial SickBeard Android App - Buttink - 2012-08-01

Yah I'm going to add that but I haven't added it yet. This app wont need as much work as SickStache did so I don't think there will need to be that many patches. Might get to 1.3 maybe?

Sounds good, I like that you seem to hold a central 'theme' to your apps too in terms of how you are making the layout and displaying the info.

One thing though, I scooped up the play version (yay!) but it looks like its still not loading the thumbnails (windows user).. Might want to get that straightened out for any new coming customers! Smile

Also, might be worth noting I had a small issue installing from the play store because I had forgot to remove the git version first.. What resulted was some errors saying "Could not install on usb or sdcard" and it wouldn't install.. But some quick googling told me this could be a kernel issue, so I upgraded my (faux) kernel with a dalvik wipe and all seems good now! Just wanted to give a heads up to anybody else with the problem!

(2012-08-01, 01:26)skabyss Wrote: Sounds good, I like that you seem to hold a central 'theme' to your apps too in terms of how you are making the layout and displaying the info.

One thing though, I scooped up the play version (yay!) but it looks like its still not loading the thumbnails (windows user).. Might want to get that straightened out for any new coming customers! Smile

GAH! I added a message to warn people. Hopefully, I can figure this out before tomorrow.

The problem is the way CouchPotato does thumbnails is you do

/api/<key>/file.cache/<path:filename>

so on linux you do

/api/<key>/file.cache/home/username/blah/CouchPotatoV2/cache/file.jpg

But, I don't have a windows machine running CouchPotato (guess ill have to) to see whats wrong with it.

Well if you need anything tested out, toss me a message and I would be glad to report my findings back to you.

If you really really wanted to try, which I don't recommend, you would need to run the command

/api/<yourkey>/movie.list/

This will be ONE HUGE string of text. You will need some sort of json pretty viewer to see it so it isn't one big string. You want to find a section where it says

poster [ "C:/where/you/put/CouchPotato/cache/filename.jpg" ], and then try to do

/api/<yourkey>/file.cache/<WhatTheOtherCommandSaid>

and see if you get the picture. If you do, I am confused.

I did get the picture, but the location has double slashes in it:

C:\\Users\\Admin\\AppData\\Roaming\\CouchPotato\\cache\\df4b6de038a6785eb2cf43fa89265da4.jpg

Maybe that is the culprit?

When, I typed mine into chrome. It took all the "\\" and made them "//". I'm guessing that was the problem. Im going to try and switch then and try my app out again.

Okay.. so I got home to my local network and tried reloading, and all the thumbnails populated! Perhaps I just had a poor connection while at work? At any rate the are appearing for me on my home network at least (doesn't make much sense to me but whatever) Smile

I think I understand what's happening.. seems the thumbs don't load until the 'manage' list fully populates. This takes a little time it would seem, and on my mobile connection it must have just never loaded.. Perhaps having the wanted and manage sections load thumbs individually instead of both at once would help? I have quite a few movies, so maybe a way to check for changes before loading the manage list?

RE: SickStache - Unofficial SickBeard Android App - Buttink - 2012-08-02

That's really really weird. The order of the images being grabbed should be fairly random. When happens is, I get all the info for wanted and manage. I then push all the data into the lists. Whenever a item in the list is shown, I go get the thumbnail if I hate it, otherwise I go download it. But, they are really tiny images. Only like 100KB max. They shouldn't take that long to download. Could your work do something weird to your urls? I don't know. I changed all the "\" to "/" and I can still get thumbnails from my app, so I'm going to leave it.