Kodi Community Forum
Force detection of Cover.jpg instead of Folder.jpg ? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: OS independent / Other (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=228)
+---- Thread: Force detection of Cover.jpg instead of Folder.jpg ? (/showthread.php?tid=130408)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Force detection of Cover.jpg instead of Folder.jpg ? - SiliconKid - 2012-05-02

Fair comments.

To be honest I don't understand how that translates to retrieving a directory but the reality is that it doesn't actually matter anyway because:

a. The solution you helped me work out DOES work, so for now I have a solution.

b. The changes that are coming will make this whole issue redundant anyway, so further debate or troubleshooting is a waste of your time.

Thanks for the input.

RE: Force detection of Cover.jpg instead of Folder.jpg ? - Ned Scott - 2012-05-02

SiliconKid: Excellent addition to the wiki! Often users don't actually bother adding stuff when we tell them that they are able to do so, and my own personal "to-do" for updating various parts of the wiki is very long, so it's greatly appreciated when users really do contribute.

RE: Force detection of Cover.jpg instead of Folder.jpg ? - SiliconKid - 2012-05-02

Sharing is caring ... Smile

RE: Force detection of Cover.jpg instead of Folder.jpg ? - proline - 2012-10-07

I am trying to do similar with fanart.jpg
I have all my fanart.jpg's stored locally in separate folders for each tv show on my server. They are all 1080p versions, but still have a couple older 4.3 tv's that crop the fanart when displayed. I have a second set of fanart named 480p.jpg located in the same folders for those tv's but no matter what changes I make to advancedsettings.xml, it still loads the fanart.jpg instead of 480p.jpg. I have cleared the database to remove images cached also with no luck. I am using the Transparency skin with library mode turned off. My xml is below....

<advancedsettings>
<fanart>
<remove>fanart.jpg|Fanart.jpg|fanart.JPG|Fanart.JPG|FANART.JPG|FANART.jpg</remove>
<add>480p.jpg</add>
</fanart>
</advancedsettings>

RE: Force detection of Cover.jpg instead of Folder.jpg ? - Frea74 - 2012-11-19

Hmmm.... according to the note found here, the <dvdthumbs> tag is now ignored in XBMC 12 (Frodo). So, how do I force XBMC to "ignore" the low-res folder.jpg I've been using till now for my movie folders, and make it download from scratch some higher res, quality thumbnails for my movies? I wouldn't like to just delete folder.jpg from my HDD folders, since they are handy as folder previews in Windows Explorer (smaller file size and all). All I want is for XBMC to not take them into account anymore when scanning my folders, and rather use newly downloaded ones instead. This used to work for Eden by means of the <dvdthumbs> tag. Now, how about Frodo? Will this be possible? Thx in advance!

RE: Force detection of Cover.jpg instead of Folder.jpg ? - jmarshall - 2012-11-19

No, not possible in frodo. If you don't want the images, getting rid of them is your only choice.

Note that if you drop in a poster.jpg it'll be used in preference.

(2012-11-19, 02:03)jmarshall Wrote: No, not possible in frodo. If you don't want the images, getting rid of them is your only choice.
Thanks for your prompt reply...
So, not possible at all in Frodo. That's unfortunate, really...Confused
I am certainly not in position to judge the dev team's decisions, however, I can't but wonder why a potentially useful, already *existing* option had to be *removed*...
Regardless... I'll have to make do I suppose... (objectively, not a big deal, but still, it would have been nice...)

RE: Force detection of Cover.jpg instead of Folder.jpg ? - jmarshall - 2012-11-19

I maintain the code, so I decide what stays and what goes to ensure that the maintenance burden is minimised. Simple as that. Smile

I can understand, no big deal anyway... Thanks for replying! And thanks for a *great* piece of software! :-)