Kodi Community Forum
Android Music Pump Kodi Remote - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Android Music Pump Kodi Remote (/showthread.php?tid=131303)

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - Millencolin007 - 2014-03-20

By default the app does not queue songs directly on xbmc but it uses a local queue on the tablet.

There are some advantages / disadvantages with both solutions and you should use what fits you best

local queue:
- If someone else starts playing something on xbmc you can just hit play on your remote to continue listening to your playlist. If you use the xbmc queue your queue may have been cleared.
- You can stream music to your tablet
- More flexible queuing possibilities than in the xbmc queue
- After playing a song the xbmc jumps back to "Home" and does not stay on the now playing screen which shows beautiful fanart (not an issue for me as I usually turn off the tv)

xbmc queue:
- If you use more than one device you will be able to manipulate the queue from all devices at the same time
- You get gapless playback
- You can see music and video play queues
- Streaming music is not possible when using xbmc queue
- You can use an IR remote to skip music tracks

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - olarf - 2014-03-20

(2014-03-20, 08:25)Millencolin007 Wrote: WOL and shutdown / hibernate is present. There are two ways to access it
- From the start screen with the server selection you can long-press on the server name -> power options
- When you are connected to a server you can swipe with your finger from the left screen border to open the remote control. A power icon will appear in the action bar

For WOL you will have to configure the MAC address in the server settings. The current version is trying to detect the mac address automatically but it is not working properly in all cases. I have fixed it for next version so you don't have to enter the mac address manually anymore

Many thanks, I should have been more focused on that long pressing on the Server Button, its the magoc Buitton Smile The update to pick MAC Adress automatically is a good idea, for now I will add it manyually. Many thanks!!!

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - Millencolin007 - 2014-03-20

Music Pump XBMC Remote 1.8 has just been pushed to the play store and will be visible soon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGMrG5ERE9o

Changes:
- Better Music Notification layout
- Select different layouts for portrait and landscape mode
- Fixed sending youtube links to xbmc for youtube app version 5.5
- Enabled swiping between tabs on phones
- Added play from here feature
- Fixed subtitle downloading on XBMC Gotham
- Volume Control in new "Switch Source" dialog
- Added support to quickly switch to bluetooth audio speakers
- Long-press on TV Show will play next unwatched episode
- Phones: Swipe between Movies / Episodes
- Fixed special seasons showing all episodes
- Better auto detection of mac address
- Show a yellow icon in server selection screen if the notification port is unreachable
- Other bug fixes and improvements

If you like the app please rate it in the play store.

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - Brian B - 2014-03-21

Thanks for the explanation. xbmc queue it is!

Another question: I tried using software to watch a TV program, but there are no controls for scan or just plain stop! Are they there, but I somehow missed them? I will only be using the controller temporarily till I get my normal remote to control xbmc, but I would think these controls would be included somewhere? (I was on the Remote screen as well as the Now-playing screen but all I see are play/pause and skip+/-

Looking forward to trying the newest version...

Thanks again,
Brian

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - Millencolin007 - 2014-03-21

There are different ways to stop playback:
- If something is playing on the screen you can usually click the "down arrow" to stop playback and "up arrow" to pause playback on the remote
- In the settings you can enable previous, stop, pause and next buttons in remote and use that stop button
- Long-press on pause button which is visible on the bottom of every screen
- Use the stop button in the android notifications

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - Brian B - 2014-03-22

Learn something new every day...

Correct, up arrow pauses and down arrow stops.
Incorrect. I have settings enabled, but all I have is skip +/- and play/pause. What gives?
Correct.
I'm not sure what this is...but it really isn't important since I can now take advantage of the above.

Thanks,
B.

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - Millencolin007 - 2014-03-22

If you enable the option "Playback Buttons" in the settings you should get the additional buttons in the remote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGMrG5ERE9o&t=0m39s

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - whitts1 - 2014-03-22

Hey

Just got the update and thank you sorting the issue with TV specials. That is a real help.

is it currently possible for the remote to go directly to the now playing screen when new media is played. That would be a great enhancement

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - rsiebert - 2014-03-23

Hi I just updated your app from 1.7.7 to 1.8 and found an issue.
I have 8 items in the favorite folder. These are radio stations from the sky.fm addon. In the 1.8 version they are suddenly named "null" and the icons are missing. When I click on them the app crashes. The failure is a null pointer exception in video.fragments.k.a(DirectoryBrowserFragment.java) at line 193.
I also can't delete those items anymore.

Best regards
Robert

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - Millencolin007 - 2014-03-24

(2014-03-22, 21:01)whitts1 Wrote: Hey

Just got the update and thank you sorting the issue with TV specials. That is a real help.

is it currently possible for the remote to go directly to the now playing screen when new media is played. That would be a great enhancement

Which now playing screen do you mean? The one in the app or the one on xbmc?

(2014-03-23, 23:39)rsiebert Wrote: Hi I just updated your app from 1.7.7 to 1.8 and found an issue.
I have 8 items in the favorite folder. These are radio stations from the sky.fm addon. In the 1.8 version they are suddenly named "null" and the icons are missing. When I click on them the app crashes. The failure is a null pointer exception in video.fragments.k.a(DirectoryBrowserFragment.java) at line 193.
I also can't delete those items anymore.

Best regards
Robert

Thanks for reporting the bug. I will try to find out why this happened and catch the exception. In the mean time you can long-press on the server name from the server selection screen, remove the server and add it again. This should fix the null pointer and you can use the favorites again

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - whitts1 - 2014-03-24

Hi

I was thinking of the now playing screen in the app

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - mirobaka - 2014-03-25

Am I the only one for whom the on screen remote is broken? The buttons don't seem to do anything or they do the wrong thing completely .

For instance, the up arrow is "enter", the down arrow is "backspace" The shut down button is "up", etc.

I'm running xbmc Gotham on Android. Other xbmc remotes work perfectly fine.

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - Millencolin007 - 2014-03-25

I haven't tried xbmc on android for some time, I have to check if I can reproduce the problem.

The remote is sending the commands to xbmc using the event server. Buttons are mapped using the mapping file from a wii controller "joystick.WiiRemote.xml"
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/tree/master/system/keymaps

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Keymap#Android_location

Maybe this file has been modified (or is missing) from the android version which leads to strange button mappings

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - Millencolin007 - 2014-03-25

I was able to reproduce the problem on my end using the gotham beta 2 build for android. Probably the wii remote keymap file is not included or was customized for the android build. I will try to figure out what is different to other platforms.

To fix the remote you can copy following file
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master/system/keymaps/joystick.WiiRemote.xml

into this folder on your phone / tablet storage. This will overwrite the key mappings and make the remote use the proper mappings again
/mnt/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps

EDIT: Extracting the apk file shows that the keymap file for the wii remote has been removed from the android build...

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - kupi - 2014-03-25

Hi,
I'm using the app on 3 different android devices with android 4.1.1 and 4.1.2 in combination with openelec on a raspberry. Since the update, the status bar icon/"Music Notification" does no longer update the current song. The only time the icon/notification does update and show the current song is when I open the app and go to "now playing". (I am using the "playlist on xbmc" feature btw.) Also, the xbmc server has a yellow icon most of the time. My openelec-setup hasn't changed, though, and before the update I only had this problem after turning WLAN off and on again while the app was running.
Another little issue: the album art in the music notification seems to be a few pixels too far down.