Kodi Community Forum
Aeon Nox 3.0: Movie Extras/Bonus Features - How to add them to your setup. - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: Aeon Nox 3.0: Movie Extras/Bonus Features - How to add them to your setup. (/showthread.php?tid=131524)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: Aeon Nox 3.0: Movie Extras/Bonus Features - How to add them to your setup. - kaburke - 2012-05-21

Which is possible? Adding via scripts, or adding via skins? Or both?

RE: Aeon Nox 3.0: Movie Extras/Bonus Features - How to add them to your setup. - phil65 - 2012-05-21

(2012-05-21, 22:25)kaburke Wrote: Which is possible? Adding via scripts, or adding via skins? Or both?

via skin.

RE: Aeon Nox 3.0: Movie Extras/Bonus Features - How to add them to your setup. - Deano316 - 2012-05-21

(2012-05-21, 20:36)thrak76 Wrote: Yeah, I figured that it wasn't possible, but this may be a good thread for brainstorming, too!

Agreed, this thread is as good a place as any Nod

I'm liking your idea about linking from movies. An idea I would also like to see is being able to link to soundtracks, a pipe dream for now though.

RE: Aeon Nox 3.0: Movie Extras/Bonus Features - How to add them to your setup. - kaburke - 2012-05-21

Thanks for the info.

I took a quick look at the Nox skin, but being completely unfamiliar with skinning I didn't immediately see where to extend the videos' context menu. I'm going to read up about XBMC skinning, and then I will take another look. The documentation seems somewhat limited, so this may take me a little while :S

Going forward, this may be something that we can resquest be added to the Nox skin (if it hasn't been request already).

[edit]
Linking to soundtracks would be cool, too (a random track from the soundtrack could be played as the tv tune?). It seems, however, that would required a change to XBMC itself to support such relationships. Given my newness to add-ons, and XBMC in general, it's not clear if the library can be extended sufficiently using add-ons to accomplish this.
[/edit]

RE: Aeon Nox 3.0: Movie Extras/Bonus Features - How to add them to your setup. - phil65 - 2012-05-21

(2012-05-21, 23:08)kaburke Wrote: Thanks for the info.

I took a quick look at the Nox skin, but being completely unfamiliar with skinning I didn't immediately see where to extend the videos' context menu. I'm going to read up about XBMC skinning, and then I will take another look. The documentation seems somewhat limited, so this may take me a little while :S

Going forward, this may be something that we can resquest be added to the Nox skin (if it hasn't been request already).

no, something like this won´t become part of the skin unless it is better supported by xbmc itself or and offiial add-on.
to give you a hint, you´ll have to add a button to controlgroup 996 in dialogcontextmenu.xml (same button style as the include "ActorMetaDataContextButton" in includes.xml)

(2012-05-21, 23:12)phil65 Wrote: no, something like this won´t become part of the skin unless it is better supported by xbmc itself or and offiial add-on.
to give you a hint, you´ll have to add a button to controlgroup 996 in dialogcontextmenu.xml (same button style as the include "ActorMetaDataContextButton" in includes.xml)
Thanks a lot for the hint! This should get me somewhere. [edit]Look like you're referring to 3.x. Guess it's time for me to updateSmile[/edit]

When you say "better supported," to what are you referring? Basically, I'm just going to add a button to the skin labelled "Go to linked show" or some similar. Given that linking movies to TV shows is part of XBMC, I would have thought that a reasonable addition. Or are you referring to movie extras in particular?

Either way, I don't expect anything to be added to a skin just because I want it Big Grin I'm going to work on adding it myself. If others want it, then they'll be welcome to copy my changes.

(2012-05-21, 23:19)kaburke Wrote:
(2012-05-21, 23:12)phil65 Wrote: no, something like this won´t become part of the skin unless it is better supported by xbmc itself or and offiial add-on.
Thanks a lot for the hint! This should get me somewhere.

When you say "better supported," to what are you referring? Basically, I'm just going to add a button to the skin labelled "Go to linked show" or some similar. Given that linking movies to TV shows is part of XBMC, I would have thought that a reasonable addition. Or are you referring to movie extras in particular?

Either way, I don't expect anything to be added to a skin just because I want it Big Grin I'm going to work on adding it myself. If others want it, then they'll be welcome to copy my changes.

i´m referring to movie extras in particular, yes. not sure it it is possible to go to the corresponding tvshow directly... possible that it would need a script.

RE: Aeon Nox 3.0: Movie Extras/Bonus Features - How to add them to your setup. - Deano316 - 2012-05-21

(2012-05-21, 23:08)kaburke Wrote: Linking to soundtracks would be cool, too (a random track from the soundtrack could be played as the tv tune?). It seems, however, that would required a change to XBMC itself to support such relationships. Given my newness to add-ons, and XBMC in general, it's not clear if the library can be extended sufficiently using add-ons to accomplish this.

I'm thinking WAY down the line if extras were someday integrated into XBMC. Major kudos for even thinking about altering the skin, that's beyond me right now :S

...and yes, i´m referring to 3.0 Wink

RE: Aeon Nox 3.0: Movie Extras/Bonus Features - How to add them to your setup. - Deano316 - 2012-05-24

Just got the release version of Nox 3.0, so far everything is working fine if not better. Big Grin No need for alterations to the tutorial. If anyone does come across any problems let us know.

RE: Aeon Nox 3.0: Movie Extras/Bonus Features - How to add them to your setup. - Deano316 - 2012-06-03

Don't want to speak to soon, but I might have found a way to display season clearlogos/clearart. Won't be able to test until later tonight, keep checking for an update. Also, those of you up to speed on the Nox 3.0 thread will have seen an alteration to the Landscape view I've been cooking up. Stay tuned Smile

RE: Aeon Nox 3.0: Movie Extras/Bonus Features - How to add them to your setup. - thrak76 - 2012-06-03

NICE!

Hope it works out. I'll be right on it if it does! Smile

RE: Aeon Nox 3.0: Movie Extras/Bonus Features - How to add them to your setup. - Deano316 - 2012-06-04

Success!!!! Got season logos to work with a cheeky little cheat. Will do a full guide later today, but if you want to try yourself all your need to do is put a completed tv show folder within a tv show folder. Thanks to ledgerewskie from the forums over at fanart.tv for the inspiration:

Avengers collection-
Season 1- theme.mp3 - fanart - tvshow.nfo - season1-fanart - logo - poster - Iron Man (2008)

The mod to the landscape view isolates the logo, which makes it look pretty cool IMHO. Big thanks to defluo for the help. Here's a pic, will post more later:

Thoughts?

RE: Aeon Nox 3.0: Movie Extras/Bonus Features - How to add them to your setup. - thrak76 - 2012-06-04

Does that logo (as pictured) mod affect all the landscape viewtypes, or just in the area that you modded? So if you used landscape view in more than one place, would all be affected?

I'm going to experiment with the season logo bit here this morning and report back to here... Seems simple enough. I read that post over at fanart too!

RE: Aeon Nox 3.0: Movie Extras/Bonus Features - How to add them to your setup. - defluo - 2012-06-04

It'll affect all places where you use logos. So movies and tv shows. I can rework the mod to just affect movies. That's not much of an issue