Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] reFocus BIG v.0.88.6 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: reFocus (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+----- Thread: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.0.88.6 (/showthread.php?tid=132897)

RE: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.065 (0.9.6 git) - kyotocafe - 2012-08-01

Thanks Paul!

RE: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.068 (0.9.6 git) - Paul Salem - 2012-08-01

Update v.068
  • Chapter info added to pause screen.
  • Fixes for the Double Column and Banner with Poster Views.

RE: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.065 (0.9.6 git) - zeppy - 2012-08-01

(2012-08-01, 00:02)Paul Salem Wrote: @zeppy

Hey zeppy,

your mod is pretty nice. I am quite busy at the moment with work and working on reloaded, but I will give it a try. I can implement your mod as an option.
As for the volume, I would suggest to edit the *.wav files in the sounds folder, to make them louder as I am not really planning to increase the volume.
Sure thing, take your time, and thanks! =)
For the sounds, I'll try and report back.

RE: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.068 (0.9.6 git) - rd1979 - 2012-08-01

(2012-08-01, 00:17)Paul Salem Wrote: Update v.068
  • Chapter info added to pause screen.
  • Fixes for the Double Column and Banner with Poster Views.

Thanks! Downloading now.

EDIT: After testing it looks like it works well, but chapter names don't show up.

The the Double Column and Banner with Poster Views work well.

RE: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.068 (0.9.6 git) - wolfbiker - 2012-08-01

the rotten tomatoes scores look good but i think they'd look better along the bottom with the rest of the info rather than floating out in the ether along the side.

RE: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.068 (0.9.6 git) - munificent - 2012-08-01

Ok, so my Raspberry Pi arrived and I slapped v0.65 onto it. It runs very well on there, given it's obviously not a powerful board and plenty of skins can give it troubles. It did take a fair amount of time to swap out themes, though. Perhaps not too surprising.

I do have a feature request now, though, as a result of using the skin for a bit. What about an option in the views menu to change the opacity of the theme overlay for certain views (such as movies/list) so that the fanart/poster behind was more visible and have the theme overlay applying instead to the active selection?

The net effect would be more visible art in the background but still visible navigation.

i think the opacity is simply a PNG image file included in the skin that is displayed over the fanart to create the transparent effect, and therefore can't be controlled via the skin. this is all speculation on my part, though; i have no idea how it's done.

RE: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.068 (0.9.6 git) - Silvaire - 2012-08-01

Hi, trying out this skin with the Alaska theme, and I'm having trouble getting the watched indicator to show up at all (enabled in settings).

EDIT: Sorry, read the FAQ, my understanding is this will not be included in the skin.

any chance an option for choosing show source flags instead of codec flags? it'd be nice to see the bluray, dvd, or hdtv logos in place of h264, divx, xvid, etc.

also, on the pause screen, there can be some overlapping when the episode name is rather long:

(2012-08-01, 16:47)wolfbiker Wrote: i think the opacity is simply a PNG image file included in the skin that is displayed over the fanart to create the transparent effect, and therefore can't be controlled via the skin. this is all speculation on my part, though; i have no idea how it's done.

Looks like you're right. Perhaps including a few more PNG files at different opacity levels and allowing the user to choose between them for different sections? I'd be interested to hear the official word on whether this could be implemented as an option.

Also, the Pi is not calling up art when the Global fanart button is checked, but that could be down to the skin running slowly on that device.

RE: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.068 (0.9.6 git) - crippler - 2012-08-01

(2012-08-01, 15:01)munificent Wrote: I do have a feature request now, though, as a result of using the skin for a bit. What about an option in the views menu to change the opacity of the theme overlay for certain views (such as movies/list) so that the fanart/poster behind was more visible and have the theme overlay applying instead to the active selection?

The net effect would be more visible art in the background but still visible navigation.

edit includesbackgrounds.xml and search for this:
Code:
<texture background="true">backgrounds/background.png</texture>

add the following on a new line below it:
Code:
<colordiffuse>66FFFFFF</colordiffuse>
Change the first 2 characters to make it more or less transparent - FF is the default, 00 means you won't see the overlay at all.

Do the same in the next section down if you use the vignette overlay too and want to alter that.

RE: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.068 (0.9.6 git) - SarahB - 2012-08-01

(2012-08-01, 17:00)Silvaire Wrote: Hi, trying out this skin with the Alaska theme, and I'm having trouble getting the watched indicator to show up at all (enabled in settings).

EDIT: Sorry, read the FAQ, my understanding is this will not be included in the skin.

I must be the only one who far prefers a green tick symbol of watched items than the blue plus symbol for unwatched, doesn't seem to make sense to me. The original author obviously HATES watched symbols or something given his stern answer on the matter lol.

Otherwise this Mod is near on perfect, i try other skins but keep coming back to this one Blush

(2012-08-01, 22:41)crippler Wrote:
Code:
<colordiffuse>66FFFFFF</colordiffuse>
Change the first 2 characters to make it more or less transparent - FF is the default, 00 means you won't see the overlay at all.

Do the same in the next section down if you use the vignette overlay too and want to alter that.

Thank you for this, but if FF is the default and the line you quoted starts with 66, did you mean the last two characters rather than the first?

RE: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.068 (0.9.6 git) - Silvaire - 2012-08-02

(2012-08-01, 23:32)SarahB Wrote:
(2012-08-01, 17:00)Silvaire Wrote: Hi, trying out this skin with the Alaska theme, and I'm having trouble getting the watched indicator to show up at all (enabled in settings).

I must be the only one who far prefers a green tick symbol of watched items than the blue plus symbol for unwatched, doesn't seem to make sense to me. The original author obviously HATES watched symbols or something given his stern answer on the matter lol.

Otherwise this Mod is near on perfect, i try other skins but keep coming back to this one Blush

Yeah, I unfortunately rely on the watched indicator quite a bit because my wife and I watch some shows at different times and the 'watched' flag indicator helps us in resetting the flag for the other person to watch.

RE: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.068 (0.9.6 git) - SarahB - 2012-08-02

(2012-08-02, 00:48)Silvaire Wrote:
(2012-08-01, 23:32)SarahB Wrote:

Yeah, I unfortunately rely on the watched indicator quite a bit because my wife and I watch some shows at different times and the 'watched' flag indicator helps us in resetting the flag for the other person to watch.

Yeah it would be nice to have the option of either one or the other but not sure it's possible. Watched symbols just seem more logical. Oh well, otherwise a fantastic skin, so thank god for the people doing the Modding.