Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] reFocus BIG v.0.88.6 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: reFocus (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+----- Thread: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.0.88.6 (/showthread.php?tid=132897)

RE: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.071 (0.9.6 git) - Sabish - 2012-08-04

Awesome update Paul, as usual Wink Watched overlays feel much more natural to me than unwatched ones. But, as someone stated, the image you chose lacks a bit od readability, so I pushed an alternate version to GIT, matching the original refocus style, with a bit of opacity and a different color. It looks like this :

@paul : in the process, i pushed a slightly modified version of MusicVisualisation.xml that gets rid of the (annoying) zoom effect in artistslideshow. Do you think you could make this zoom effect available as a choice in skin options ? Cool

RE: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.072 (0.9.6 git) - Paul Salem - 2012-08-04

(2012-08-04, 04:10)SarahB Wrote: Awesome updates.

I changed the Watched symbol to a corner marker white tick on a green background (to mirror the style of the blue unwatched symbol) because i found the light grey Tick was getting lost in episode thumbnails, particularly old black and white shows. I did notice the 45x45 graphic it uses aligns to the right of the episode thumb, but doesn't match to the bottom of the thumbnail though, unless it's like that by design.

Still, i'm super happy that this option is in there now and it's easy to change the overlay to suit personal preference.

Props for having such a refreshing attitude to user feedback and updating Smile

Nice! I am glad you are happy with the changes Smile
(2012-08-04, 05:24)cedricchase Wrote: From the original description it says "Support for optional favourites instead of smart playlists on home menu." Does that mean I can add a shortcut to PseudoTV directly on the home screen (ie: not in a submenu) without doing any xml file editing voodoo? if so, how? if not - any xbmc/refocus genius wanna let me know how to go about modifying the xml file? --- and which xml file that would be... lol..

Sorry, but currently no shortcuts can be added to the main home menu, the shortcuts you can add on the settings are at the home sub menu settings, once you click on the main options.
Current Home Menu does not allow for too many items to be added at once.
If you want to edit the home menu you will need to modify the homemenu.xml file on the 720p folder.
reFocus reLoaded will take a different approach to the home screen.
(2012-08-04, 06:05)Silvaire Wrote: Hi, thanks a lot for the changes. I have switched over to this skin from Aeon MQ3, using the reAlaska style because I like the clean look combined with Focus. I just have a few remaining requests to make it "perfect":

1. Can a font style set be added that doesn't suppress capital letters in meta data descriptions? The whole all-lowercase thing bugs the hell outta me. Smile ReAlaska and I think the original ReFocus have this as a font selection choice.

2. Any way the watched flag can be moved to within the list instead of as an overlay on the thumbnail of the episode? The way it is now, if I want to know if I watched something, I have to scroll through each individual episode and look for a tiny flag on the corresponding thumbnail versus just opening up a TV show in list view and being able to easily see which shows you've watched by their being a graphic next to the title somewhere in the list itself.

3. Any chance for a landscape viewtype for TV shows--similar to the thumbnail view now with small grid enabled, except using the landscape.jpg?

Thanks.

1. reFocus BIG allows to change to the reAlaska or original font choices. Have you tried?

2 & 3 . I will look into it Smile
(2012-08-04, 09:59)Sabish Wrote: Awesome update Paul, as usual Wink Watched overlays feel much more natural to me than unwatched ones. But, as someone stated, the image you chose lacks a bit od readability, so I pushed an alternate version to GIT, matching the original refocus style, with a bit of opacity and a different color. It looks like this :

@paul : in the process, i pushed a slightly modified version of MusicVisualisation.xml that gets rid of the (annoying) zoom effect in artistslideshow. Do you think you could make this zoom effect available as a choice in skin options ? Cool

Sweet Sabish! Your new watched overlay looks great.
I have uploaded a new version with this and also with an optional setting to enable the zoom on artist slideshow which should be disabled now by default.

RE: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.072 (0.9.6 git) - zeppy - 2012-08-04

Hi Paul!
I found a little bug (version 0.7.1, but I guess it's also in 0.7.2): using gallery viewtype and switching to fullscreen fanart mode using down arrow maintains the watched/non-watched indicator visible. If you switch using the side menu, instead, everything works fine.

P.S.
I'm going to PM you my current modifications for rottentomatoes ratings in a few minutes, if you want a head start in implementing them.

RE: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.072 (0.9.6 git) - rd1979 - 2012-08-04

I really like this most recent update.
Any chance at looking at the chapter name issue I mentioned? I have a lot of MKVs that not only have chapters, but actual names for them as well.
EDIT: Actually, I notice there's no chapter information anymore.

RE: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.072 (0.9.6 git) - kyotocafe - 2012-08-04

Thank you Paul! This update is awesome!
I am so much loving the new xperience osd.

RE: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.072 (0.9.6 git) - zeppy - 2012-08-04

Found a (I guess) long standing bug: avc1 codec is not recognized. I copied h.264 flag and renamed it avc1 to make it work, but clearly the texture packs should be recompiled, otherwise realaska light doesn't use the proper dark icon.

RE: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.072 (0.9.6 git) - wolfbiker - 2012-08-04

i'd still like to see dvd/bluray/hdtv source flags instead of codec flags, or at least having the option to choose. not sure how much work that would entail though.

RE: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.072 (0.9.6 git) - cedricchase - 2012-08-04

Amazing mod! Any chance for a "use poster.jpg" toggle for TV Show views?

RE: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.072 (0.9.6 git) - Silvaire - 2012-08-04

Hi, thank you for the reply. So I am using the ReAlaska fontset--it works great for the home menu and settings (it actually capitalizes everything), but in the description of episodes/movies, it still has the lowercase thing going on. The ReAlaska mod has an option that correctly removes the suppression of the lowercase for that, so maybe you can either modify your ReAlaska fontset to do that also, or add another one -- I don't know if there are people out there that like the Alaska theme, but with the all-undercase-thing that Focus does. Maybe. Smile

RE: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.072 (0.9.6 git) - tolgaliya - 2012-08-04

Can anyone pls tell me how I can install this skin with Openelec? I tried to choose the option install from .zip file, but the folder is already extracted once downloaded (using mac os) so I don't have a zip file.

Thanks!

RE: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.072 (0.9.6 git) - Silvaire - 2012-08-04

(2012-08-04, 19:08)Silvaire Wrote: Hi, thank you for the reply. So I am using the ReAlaska fontset--it works great for the home menu and settings (it actually capitalizes everything), but in the description of episodes/movies, it still has the lowercase thing going on. The ReAlaska mod has an option that correctly removes the suppression of the lowercase for that, so maybe you can either modify your ReAlaska fontset to do that also, or add another one -- I don't know if there are people out there that like the Alaska theme, but with the all-undercase-thing that Focus does. Maybe. Smile

OK, so I figured out that the 'default' fontset DOES have normal metadata descriptions, but the headers are all lowercase on the main menu or on top left of all the pages. So if you could add a fontset that just has normal capitalization for headers AND metadata, that is what is missing.

RE: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.072 (0.9.6 git) - SarahB - 2012-08-04

Hmmm, when using the Alaska OSD, if i'm paused i seem to have lost the part where it shows what time the currently playing video finishes. I've got everything else showing as it used to, but not that. I can't see any settings i changed or what would turn that back on if i accidently (somehow) turned it off.

RE: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.072 (0.9.6 git) - philby85 - 2012-08-05

(2012-08-04, 20:10)tolgaliya Wrote: Can anyone pls tell me how I can install this skin with Openelec? I tried to choose the option install from .zip file, but the folder is already extracted once downloaded (using mac os) so I don't have a zip file.

Thanks!

If you need help just PM me, happy to help.

cheers

Phil

RE: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.072 (0.9.6 git) - Eoghlear - 2012-08-06

Found a bug in yesterdays 0.72 version. When pressing the button for the OSD, cant push up for more options (like the subtitle addon).

Works in other skins so no OE problem.
(2012-08-05, 02:32)philby85 Wrote:
(2012-08-04, 20:10)tolgaliya Wrote: Can anyone pls tell me how I can install this skin with Openelec? I tried to choose the option install from .zip file, but the folder is already extracted once downloaded (using mac os) so I don't have a zip file.

Thanks!

If you need help just PM me, happy to help.

cheers

Phil

Use the download button on the first page and save as. Then move the .zip to your device ans install from .zip. I do this all the time (on OS X).
Or on Github use the .zip option and save that.

RE: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.072 (0.9.6 git) - BuhSnarf - 2012-08-06

(2012-08-06, 16:46)Eoghlear Wrote: Found a bug in yesterdays 0.72 version. When pressing the button for the OSD, cant push up for more options (like the subtitle addon).

Works in other skins so no OE problem.

Yes, I am seeing this too.

I am just wondering whether with "Deck" mode we can change the second description which currently shows the genre to show the next air date or status like in two banner mode.

I've modded my own local copy but it'd be nice to have it as default.

See below.