Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] reFocus BIG v.0.88.6 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: reFocus (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+----- Thread: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.0.88.6 (/showthread.php?tid=132897)

RE: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.077 (0.9.6 git) - Paul Salem - 2012-08-16

(2012-08-15, 23:09)SarahB Wrote: I'm getting the generic picture (needle on a turntable) when viewing albums by the 'slide' view rather than the album cover itself. The album cover shows as normal in the other view choices.

I don't know if it's something fixable, and i suspect it's been the case since the original skin, but when viewing an album in list view, the album cover isn't square, but it's cuts off the left and right sides a little.

Also, no matter what i do or what options i select in the OSD settings, i am never getting that xperience view as shown previously. I always try and use the latest git version. Possibly something wrong with my installation?

Thanks for reporting Sarah.
I have already fixed the music slide view on git. It should display now the covers.

As for the cover image on the list view, it is square, at least it should has been as per the code. In any case I have modified the width so that it is displayed in a similar way to the cd cover.

RE: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.077 (0.9.6 git) - username145 - 2012-08-16

Awesome mod, but any chance we can get the 1080p versions of the backgrounds? The current 720p ones are rather murky Sad

Relevant link! http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=131801&pid=1107960#pid1107960

@Sarah

The xperience1080 OSD unlike the reAlaska OSD, is designed to be minimal.
So, when you press the pause button, you will only get what you posted in your screenshot.
That is, the bar with the beginning and end times, and another bar with the clock and weather info.

Now, you can select different options on the skin settings menu, on the OSD tab.
For instance, if you select Show Media Name on xperience1080 OSD, you will get the video name on the same tab as the clock/weather:

If you press the Info button, letter I in your keyboard, you will get the video information:

Setting the option Show Progress on Status Bar on xperience1080 OSD you will get the same information but with the progress bar on the clock/weather bar. This will allow to have more plot info displayed which will be useful for people using big fonts:

Finally, if you press the Player controls (OSD) button when the video is being played, it should be the letter M in the keyboard by default, you will get the video controls only, like this:

If you then press pause you will also get the progress info,

And if you press the navigation buttons, fast forward, etc you will get the same progress info but with indicators on the weather/time bar:

Additionally, if you set the option to display only posters Use always Poster on OSD, you will get a poster instead of clearart + network logo:

I hope this information is useful to you in understanding the xperience1080 OSD Smile

RE: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.077 (0.9.6 git) - rd1979 - 2012-08-16

Is there a way to disable showing a poster or episode screenshot on the OSD when using PseudoTV? It gets in the way of the interface when using that addon. The clearart and channel logo is great, butt he poster/screenshot isn't.

(2012-08-16, 19:14)rd1979 Wrote: Is there a way to disable showing a poster or episode screenshot on the OSD when using PseudoTV? It gets in the way of the interface when using that addon. The clearart and channel logo is great, butt he poster/screenshot isn't.

Sure, I will look on it.

RE: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.077 (0.9.6 git) - SarahB - 2012-08-16

Paul,
Yeah sorry, that almost (but not quite) square album cover was bothering me a little when it would cut off album cover letters etc (like in my screenshot). They're still chopped on the slide view, but that's okay, no biggie. Thanks for fixing something that probably only bothered me alone lol.

Thanks also for the exhaustive overview of the OSD's. What was puzzling me is that my clock and weather was/are appearing on the bottom of the xperience screen (my player controls at the top) as opposed to the shots i was seeing here so perhaps that's where my confusion was coming in despite the different 'osd' options i was selecting. I'll go over your guide again and try and get it right. Thanks.

I'd like to echo what a couple other people have said, you really do go above and beyond what other skinners/modders do around here, i'm starting to think you're a Robot! Either way, you deserve a Gold Medal for all the effort you're putting into this. Many many thanks Big Grin

RE: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.077 (0.9.6 git) - crippler - 2012-08-16

This skin keeps getting better and better. Great work guys.

(2012-08-13, 13:34)Paul Salem Wrote:
  • Added option to use extrafanart on media views.
  • Added option to animate backgrounds with optional slow speed.
Minor bug I just noticed - these two options aren't visible in skin settings unless you have "use fanart slideshow" enabled.

(2012-08-15, 19:30)zeppy Wrote: I guess this was my fault Angel but I agree, the full shadow version looks better. In case you want to try something, here you can find a version I modified in order to remove the "cutoff" at top and bottom, while trying to maintain as much as possible the amount of shadow like in the original: https://dl.dropbox.com/s/1h97oguwri3og1d/frame_Gallery.png?dl=1

Thanks! I have added your version to the gallery view on git.

(2012-08-16, 13:13)username145 Wrote: Awesome mod, but any chance we can get the 1080p versions of the backgrounds? The current 720p ones are rather murky Sad

Relevant link! http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=131801&pid=1107960#pid1107960

Sorry, the backgrounds on the textures Galefury provided are compressed on the texture files.
If you have the updated files with the 1080p backgrounds I will gladly add them.

(2012-08-16, 22:09)SarahB Wrote: Paul,
Yeah sorry, that almost (but not quite) square album cover was bothering me a little when it would cut off album cover letters etc (like in my screenshot). They're still chopped on the slide view, but that's okay, no biggie. Thanks for fixing something that probably only bothered me alone lol.

Thanks also for the exhaustive overview of the OSD's. What was puzzling me is that my clock and weather was/are appearing on the bottom of the xperience screen (my player controls at the top) as opposed to the shots i was seeing here so perhaps that's where my confusion was coming in despite the different 'osd' options i was selecting. I'll go over your guide again and try and get it right. Thanks.

I'd like to echo what a couple other people have said, you really do go above and beyond what other skinners/modders do around here, i'm starting to think you're a Robot! Either way, you deserve a Gold Medal for all the effort you're putting into this. Many many thanks Big Grin

Thanks! I have modified the covers on the slide view on git. Let me know what you think.

As for the position of the player controls, you can change them if you press up when the player controls are displayed. You can switch between up and down positions anytime that the player controls are shown by pressing up or down on you remote/keyboard.

(2012-08-16, 22:54)crippler Wrote: This skin keeps getting better and better. Great work guys.

Minor bug I just noticed - these two options aren't visible in skin settings unless you have "use fanart slideshow" enabled.

Sorry, I am not able to reproduce this. There should be no condition for those two settings.
Can you please post screenshots of your current settings setup?

RE: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.077 (0.9.6 git) - SarahB - 2012-08-17

Paul,
Ooooh i see. Okay totally fine with the osd's now, i'm still finding my way around xbmc and didn't know the up/down arrow thing, my bad.

Albums look great now, thanks so much Nod

RE: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.077 (0.9.6 git) - crippler - 2012-08-17

(2012-08-16, 23:40)Paul Salem Wrote:
(2012-08-16, 22:54)crippler Wrote: This skin keeps getting better and better. Great work guys.

Sorry, I am not able to reproduce this. There should be no condition for those two settings.
Can you please post screenshots of your current settings setup?

Weird, I just tried to reproduce this myself for screenshots but it's working fine now! I spent ages the other day trying to get to the first screen in post 281 and the options just weren't there. Good work in magically fixing it Smile

RE: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.077 (0.9.6 git) - zeppy - 2012-08-17

A couple of small details for realaska OSD:
- the poster shows with 95% opacity instead of 100%
- the poster looks like it's not really centered (horizontally, perhaps also vertically)

RE: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.077 (0.9.6 git) - Sabish - 2012-08-17

Hi everyone,

I justed pushed a small update to git :
  • fixed : shadow overlay missing on focused poster (slide view)
  • moved cleart to the bottom of the screen on paused screen (since most clearts images are cut on the bottom)
  • Slightly centered posters on movie pause OSD + poster is now aligned on the timer, not the progressbar.

RE: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.077 (0.9.6 git) - Amelandbor - 2012-08-17

I added a landscape view for my own purposes, this time without destroying the rest of the skin. This view is only available in the TV shows section.
If anyone wants to try it out, you can check it on: https://github.com/Amelandbor/skin-refocusbig

RE: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.077 (0.9.6 git) - wolfbiker - 2012-08-17

that's cool, but what artwork does it require? there's fanart, the logo, and what's the thing at the bottom called?

RE: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.077 (0.9.6 git) - butchabay - 2012-08-17

I suppose it's landscape.jpg