Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] reFocus BIG v.0.88.6 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: reFocus (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+----- Thread: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.0.88.6 (/showthread.php?tid=132897)

RE: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.077 (0.9.6 git) - Amelandbor - 2012-08-17

Yes, landscape.jpg. These can be downloaded with artwork downloader.

RE: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.077 (0.9.6 git) - rd1979 - 2012-08-17

reFocus and thus, reFocus BIG, are both missing the logo for Japan's MBS station.

I added the info for the logo in the missing logo thread. Last time, I added a post about the logo for Tokyo Broadcasting System (TBS), and you added the logo here. Hopefully you can do the same for MBS.

RE: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.077 (0.9.6 git) - cedricchase - 2012-08-18

(2012-08-17, 12:52)Amelandbor Wrote: I added a landscape view for my own purposes, this time without destroying the rest of the skin. This view is only available in the TV shows section.
If anyone wants to try it out, you can check it on: https://github.com/Amelandbor/skin-refocusbig

<snipped>

wow this view is lovely. great job!

Edit: forgive me, but how do I enable it?

RE: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.077 (0.9.6 git) - Galefury - 2012-08-18

Somebody asked for the 1080p version of the wallpapers I used in my themes. HERE they are. I hope the SS guys (Sabish & Salem) will put them to good use. Qapla !

RE: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.077 (0.9.6 git) - Amelandbor - 2012-08-18

(2012-08-18, 01:26)cedricchase Wrote:
(2012-08-17, 12:52)Amelandbor Wrote: I added a landscape view for my own purposes, this time without destroying the rest of the skin. This view is only available in the TV shows section.
If anyone wants to try it out, you can check it on: https://github.com/Amelandbor/skin-refocusbig

<snipped>

wow this view is lovely. great job!

Edit: forgive me, but how do I enable it?

Select landscape from the view list.

RE: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.077 (0.9.6 git) - username145 - 2012-08-19

(2012-08-18, 09:11)Galefury Wrote: Somebody asked for the 1080p version of the wallpapers I used in my themes. HERE they are. I hope the SS guys (Sabish & Salem) will put them to good use. Qapla !

Thankyou! was just about to ask you about them :>

RE: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.077 (0.9.6 git) - PatrickBateman - 2012-08-19

Hey all,
Bit of feedback (I know some of this has been mentioned before) Big Grin

Posters etc are still not centred on Alaska osd even on latest git version.

Frodo alpha 3 was a complete mess for me as the database just consistently crashed and was all kinds of messed up. So I'm back on alpha 1 and Eden... So until that is sorted I'd stay clear lol

The new landscape view for the tvseries is very nice, however I have to enable extra fanart to get it to work correctly (with a background) however, enabeling this then causes a rotating fanart scenario which I hate.
Can this view be made to use a static fanart image and be coloured to match the rest of the skin if implemented as I really really really dolike this view Smile

In the latest git, I noticed that the osd on pause was a mess, it had the poster, clear art etc all displaying at the same time and out of whack,you are probably aware of that as its still a in the got and in testing but thought I'd let you know Smile

Thanks again guys,
Loving the progress and hope to see this new landscape view added for movies, episodes etc too Smile

RE: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.077 (0.9.6 git) - Paul Salem - 2012-08-19

(2012-08-17, 12:11)Sabish Wrote: Hi everyone,

I justed pushed a small update to git :
  • fixed : shadow overlay missing on focused poster (slide view)
  • moved cleart to the bottom of the screen on paused screen (since most clearts images are cut on the bottom)
  • Slightly centered posters on movie pause OSD + poster is now aligned on the timer, not the progressbar.

Thanks mate! good job Smile

The view is nice. Nice work. We will check how this can be integrated on BIG.

(2012-08-18, 09:11)Galefury Wrote: Somebody asked for the 1080p version of the wallpapers I used in my themes. HERE they are. I hope the SS guys (Sabish & Salem) will put them to good use. Qapla !

Thanks a lot Galefury ! Smile I will work on it for next version.

(2012-08-19, 11:10)PatrickBateman Wrote: Hey all,
Bit of feedback (I know some of this has been mentioned before) Big Grin

Posters etc are still not centred on Alaska osd even on latest git version.

Frodo alpha 3 was a complete mess for me as the database just consistently crashed and was all kinds of messed up. So I'm back on alpha 1 and Eden... So until that is sorted I'd stay clear lol

The new landscape view for the tvseries is very nice, however I have to enable extra fanart to get it to work correctly (with a background) however, enabeling this then causes a rotating fanart scenario which I hate.
Can this view be made to use a static fanart image and be coloured to match the rest of the skin if implemented as I really really really dolike this view Smile

In the latest git, I noticed that the osd on pause was a mess, it had the poster, clear art etc all displaying at the same time and out of whack,you are probably aware of that as its still a in the got and in testing but thought I'd let you know Smile

Thanks again guys,
Loving the progress and hope to see this new landscape view added for movies, episodes etc too Smile

Hey Pat, what git repo are you using? Amelandbor landscape view is not implemented on BIG yet.

It is implemented on Amelandbor fork, https://github.com/Amelandbor/skin-refocusbig

Check that you are downloading the skin from our repo:

https://github.com/paulsalem/skin-refocusbig.git

Thanks a lot for all the feedback and contributions. I am currently pretty busy but I will try to catch up in the next few days.

RE: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.077 (0.9.6 git) - PatrickBateman - 2012-08-19

Yea,
Sorry I wasn't clear Smile

I've tested both, your git version seems to have issues with displaying both poster and movie clear art at the same time on the pause osd? (plus the images are out of place/not centred)... Ill post a screenie if ou need. But basically, when pausing a movie using the latest git (movie must have clear art etc in folder) the skin is displaying the clear art and the poster in the same location at he same time which causes a big ugly glitch Big Grin

I tested the landscape view above just to get a look at it and it's nice, except it requires rotating images which I detest, but if a static/singl background can be used I'd probably choose this as my default tv/movie view as its very nice visually...

I'm back on xbmc 11 and 12 alpha 1 now, as alpha 3 was just a complete mess for me?
The database was rescraped for the upgrade, and it just point blank refused to work efficiently. Missing images, crashing every few minutes while navigating the library, slow etc..

The Audio was fine but it's still not usable for me in my main HTPC room Sad

Edit:
I just noticed that the text bug when pressing "info" while using realaska theme the OSD still displays white text on a white background for the movie information... However when pressing pause, the text turns to the correct darker colour Smile

RE: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.077 (0.9.6 git) - Paul Salem - 2012-08-20

(2012-08-19, 14:53)PatrickBateman Wrote: I've tested both, your git version seems to have issues with displaying both poster and movie clear art at the same time on the pause osd? (plus the images are out of place/not centred)... Ill post a screenie if ou need. But basically, when pausing a movie using the latest git (movie must have clear art etc in folder) the skin is displaying the clear art and the poster in the same location at he same time which causes a big ugly glitch Big Grin

Edit:
I just noticed that the text bug when pressing "info" while using realaska theme the OSD still displays white text on a white background for the movie information... However when pressing pause, the text turns to the correct darker colour Smile

Can you please test now? Both items should be fixed on latest git.

RE: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.077 (0.9.6 git) - PatrickBateman - 2012-08-20

Will test and report back Smile

RE: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.077 (0.9.6 git) - Amelandbor - 2012-08-20

(2012-08-19, 11:10)PatrickBateman Wrote: The new landscape view for the tvseries is very nice, however I have to enable extra fanart to get it to work correctly (with a background) however, enabeling this then causes a rotating fanart scenario which I hate.

I can't reproduce this problem, could you maybe provide a debug log??

RE: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.077 (0.9.6 git) - tripkip - 2012-08-20

May I start by saying I'm glad realaska is merged with BIG. This will make the skin better, bigger and more used!

Thanks for all your hard work!!

I'd like to request an option "back button in Movie/TV Shows view will return to main menu".
I know there is a mod (manual return entry in some xml file), but this is hard to keep up to date with the GIT.

RE: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.077 (0.9.6 git) - SarahB - 2012-08-20

Getting the generic image placeholder in the 'Pictures' section when trying the thumbnail view. List and Slide work fine.

Also not getting any thumbnails other than the placeholder in the Videos section, in any view choice.

RE: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.077 (0.9.6 git) - PatrickBateman - 2012-08-20

(2012-08-20, 10:36)Amelandbor Wrote:
(2012-08-19, 11:10)PatrickBateman Wrote: The new landscape view for the tvseries is very nice, however I have to enable extra fanart to get it to work correctly (with a background) however, enabeling this then causes a rotating fanart scenario which I hate.

I can't reproduce this problem, could you maybe provide a debug log??

Hey,
Very east to recreate...
Just create a TV SHOW folder such as 24:
Label season 1/2/3/4 etc folders
Create a banner.jpg
Clear art.png
Fanart.jpg
Folder.jpg
Landscape.jpg
Logo.png
Poster.jpg

The use the extra fanart plugin to download and create new files in the extrafanart Folder it creates...

Now when I enable this view, it uses my local stored files correctly, but displays no large fanart background image (it displays all the others/small landscape etc correctly etc... But only displays a large background image when I go to skin options, and enable "use extra fanart"

Then this now lets the view look inside my extra fanart and therefore rotates the selection of the images stored within the extra fanart folder which I'm not a fan of in general on low powered machines.

I assume it's working fine, I just think for revo/iOS/androids and low powered machines, we don't want fanart having to be the default choice. Adding an option to display 1 static image would be better.

@paul,
Tested the new git and their is a big problem with posters with files that are not scanned into the library?
This can be recreated by doing the following.

Create a movie folder and all related art work,
Ensure this is NOT scanned into the library.
Play movie in files mode
Press "info" and you will notice that the poster is cut into the shape of a square and is missing a lot of its top and bottom.
Now when you press "pause" the poster changes shape again, this time it's slightly taller but still not correct.

Also alignment is still off for these files that are not scanned into the library.

There also seems to be a strange bug with the "show glow" option as its giving me a strange 1cm line across the top of my OSD when enabled? I'll post a screen when I'm off the iPad so you can get a better idea of what I mean.
Big Grin