Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] reFocus BIG v.0.88.6 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: reFocus (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+----- Thread: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.0.88.6 (/showthread.php?tid=132897)

RE: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.077 (0.9.6 git) - Paul Salem - 2012-09-05

(2012-09-05, 02:48)snpyjc Wrote: I love this skin, I have been using it for the last couple of months now and find it to be the smoothest running and most appealing visually as well. I appreciate the constant and consistent updates as well as the response to requests and criticism. I started using it because I have very poor vision and the large fonts make it easy for me to be able to use as opposed to other skins. One problem I encounter though is with context menus, favourites, etc, the black/grey font on the white background is very difficult for me to read, would it be possible to enable an option to make these appear in the exact inverse (white font on black background) or to make it customizable in some way? Thank you for all of your efforts on this great skin!

Thanks, good point. It is not currently on the plan but I will eventually add a setting to show dialogs using light fonts on dark background, in the same way as the xperience1080 OSD does.

(2012-09-05, 18:36)dmoseder Wrote: Question.. Is there a way to make it easier to see what tv shows/moves you have watched? At times i forget which episodes i left off on in a series, is there a way to have a check on them without hoovering over them?

Try using the Alternative Watched Overlays. It should display a watched icon on every item without the need of selecting them first.

RE: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.077 (0.9.6 git) - kri kri - 2012-09-06

This skin is really nice, thanks for the work. Is it available on anyone's repo so I can keep updated automatically? Apologies if this is a common question.

RE: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.077 (0.9.6 git) - rd1979 - 2012-09-07

After running the past few releases, I started looking at my \%Username%\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons folder, and I notice that I have 4 paulsalem-skin-refocusbig-XXXXXXX folders. I assume these are safe to delete, so long as I keep the most recent one? Or because I'm running the most recent official release (0.77), I don't need any of them? These folders are 250MB each, thats a gigabyte right there.

RE: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.077 (0.9.6 git) - butchabay - 2012-09-07

Yes, you can delete them and just keep the latest one.
Packages are good to keep just in case you want to rollback.

Your decision.

RE: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.077 (0.9.6 git) - rd1979 - 2012-09-07

(2012-09-07, 11:15)butchabay Wrote: Ues, you can delete them and just keep the latest one.
Packages are good to keep just in case you want to rollback.

Your decision.

Thanks for the help. Actually, I found that I could delete all 4, I had a proper 'skin.refocus.big' folder.

I moved all 4 to test, started up XBMC, and it ran fine. Even when changing the skin.

RE: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.077 (0.9.6 git) - bakito - 2012-09-10

any plan to support metadata actor addon?
I think this plugin is very useful...
and just a question, I use the last git version of big and I have some problem to navigate through the "view" menu...I have to do some weird manipulation to access the "miniature" view at the bottom...( can't go down then down, must do down left left down...or something like that to access the view)
any thought?
thanks!
cheers

RE: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.077 (0.9.6 git) - newsilentsilver - 2012-09-10

(2012-09-10, 09:07)bakito Wrote: any plan to support metadata actor addon?
I think this plugin is very useful...

Good idea. I took a look on this addon and find it nice, too.

+1

RE: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.077 (0.9.6 git) - prawnsarnies - 2012-09-11

Noob alert - I love the skin - but by default it wants to 'highlight' the selected option in any menu in black, thus rendering it impossible to read.
In many of the screenshots I see posted here there seems to be an overlay bar which makes it much easier to read the selected item....what am I missing here? Thanks

RE: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.077 (0.9.6 git) - baruchin - 2012-09-11

Aynone using this excellent mod in an Apple TV 2? I tried it once and had very strange issues with XBMC on my ATV2 (very slow and eventually crashing XBMC). I normally use the original reFocus and never had a problem. Is this mod really very hardware intensive compared to reFocus?

I want to rejailbreak and do a clean install, and thinking in giving this marvelous skin a second chance

RE: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.077 (0.9.6 git) - ericab - 2012-09-12

i didnt read through all 40 pages of this thread, so if someone could tell me if there is a repo setup for this skin, id really appreciate it
thanks

RE: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.077 (0.9.6 git) - bakito - 2012-09-12

no I don't think so yet, you have to dl the skin on the first page...

RE: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.077 (0.9.6 git) - kri kri - 2012-09-13

(2012-09-12, 00:30)ericab Wrote: i didnt read through all 40 pages of this thread, so if someone could tell me if there is a repo setup for this skin, id really appreciate it
thanks

No, would be quite nice though Big Grin

RE: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.077 (0.9.6 git) - loggio - 2012-09-13

just letting you know, pvr OSD controls are broken. they show up when hitting enter, but you cannot select anything

RE: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.077 (0.9.6 git) - hughfr4nc15 - 2012-09-13

How should i install this? Like a normal skin? Does it overwrite reFocus?

RE: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.077 (0.9.6 git) - zeppy - 2012-09-14

Install it as you would install any addon through a zip file and, no, it doesn't overwrite reFocus =)