Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] reFocus BIG v.0.88.6 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: reFocus (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+----- Thread: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.0.88.6 (/showthread.php?tid=132897)

RE: [RELEASE] reFocus BIG v.0.87.1 - Styler - 2013-02-22

Hi

Thanks for the awesome skin. Smile

I may have found a bug... When I go into System - Settings - Skin - Homesceen - Customize Home Menu, I set "Enable This Section" for Movies. However, when I go back to the Homescreen, the "Movies" option isn't there.... All the other Sections seem to work with the "Enable This Section" option.

RE: [RELEASE] reFocus BIG v.0.87.1 - arokh - 2013-02-22

Any chance of adding another row or two to the wall view and perhaps option of using clear covers (makes the posters shiny)?

RE: [RELEASE] reFocus BIG v.0.87.1 - fonzie - 2013-02-23

I have a suggestion for the TV episode widgets. On the Recent episode widgets, often times there is no screenshot/thumbnail available because the episode has just aired...so there's just an empty space where the thumbnail should be.

It would be nice if you could set up a fallback in the case of there not being an episode thumbnail available. Ideally the landscape.jpg would work or even fanart or logo.

RE: [RELEASE] reFocus BIG v.0.87.1 - vijayk416 - 2013-02-23

Very slick skin. I was wondering if there's any way to modify the home.xml file to not adjust the aspect ratio for the images being selected for the home screen? I have some pictures I want to use but they are not standard fanart dimensions.

RE: [MOD] reFocus BIG - 0.9.6-git - nick101181 - 2013-02-24

[quote='Paul Salem' pid='1121354' dateline='1339006309']

Hi,

I had some problems getting refocus Big to install but eventually it downloaded and installed in Frodo. Can you tell me how to get my music library screen to look like this when playing music? I added a few fanart.jpg's to some albums and unfortunately, I can't reproduce this view. Can anyone give me some tips on how to achieve fanart view with the bottom overlay while listening to music?

Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] reFocus BIG v.0.87.1 - purpleman - 2013-02-25

I don't know if this is a bug or I'm just stupid-

Did anyone figure out a way to get to the onscreen keyboard?

I mean, the keyboard appears on the screen, but the textbox is highlighted (waiting for text input) - but no matter what I press I can't navigate to the on-screen keyboard buttons.

Anyone?

RE: [RELEASE] reFocus BIG v.0.87.1 - Styler - 2013-02-25

The keyboard is working for me... On WinXP I can type via the keyboard (just start typing - no need to navigate away from the textbox) or via clicking each onscreen key with the mouse pointer. The onscreen keyboard also works on my Raspberry Pi (with Raspbmc) connected to my Samsung TV and controlled by the TV remote via HDMI-CEC.

RE: [RELEASE] reFocus BIG v.0.87.1 - joro_abv - 2013-02-25

No one reacted on my proposition to work on a nicer home menu, but since I'm stupid but persistent- I go on with offering a concept screen that I made to present my idea. So, here it goes below :
- menu item images from theme, of course
- background changes to same image as menu item image, when there's no art to show. When arts - then the background is artwork, this is clear, I guess
- customizable clock and date colors
- news scroller gets more 'visible', when navigated to it.
- space between menu items and clock used for widgets etc, of course
- submenus appear and can be navigated for the current menu item below, as shown

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xrcz2avyinbr7ph/reFocus_home_horiz.jpg

How do you like it ... anyone ... ?

RE: [RELEASE] reFocus BIG v.0.87.1 - purpleman - 2013-02-25

(2013-02-25, 15:59)Styler Wrote: The keyboard is working for me... On WinXP I can type via the keyboard (just start typing - no need to navigate away from the textbox) or via clicking each onscreen key with the mouse pointer. The onscreen keyboard also works on my Raspberry Pi (with Raspbmc) connected to my Samsung TV and controlled by the TV remote via HDMI-CEC.

Typing on a physical keyboard defeats the purpose - I don't have a keyboard (or mouse) connected.

I want to access the on-screen keyboard with my remote control (arrow keys, enter, back, etc...).

RE: [RELEASE] reFocus BIG v.0.87.1 - Styler - 2013-02-25

(2013-02-25, 16:27)purpleman Wrote:
(2013-02-25, 15:59)Styler Wrote: The keyboard is working for me... On WinXP I can type via the keyboard (just start typing - no need to navigate away from the textbox) or via clicking each onscreen key with the mouse pointer. The onscreen keyboard also works on my Raspberry Pi (with Raspbmc) connected to my Samsung TV and controlled by the TV remote via HDMI-CEC.

Typing on a physical keyboard defeats the purpose - I don't have a keyboard (or mouse) connected.

I want to access the on-screen keyboard with my remote control (arrow keys, enter, back, etc...).

Hmm... So you can go through the menu system with your remote (using arrow keys), but you can't get it to move around on the keyboard? Not sure what could cause that issue. :/

(2013-02-25, 16:26)joro_abv Wrote: No one reacted on my proposition to work on a nicer home menu, but since I'm stupid but persistent- I go on with offering a concept screen that I made to present my idea. So, here it goes below :
- background changes to same image as menu item image, when there's no art to show. When arts - then the background is artwork, this is clear, I guess
- submenus appear and can be navigated for the current menu item below, as shown

I prefer a minimalist home screen. I like a simple solid colour (with maybe a slightly textured effect) and text only for the menu structure. It might be boring for some, but for me it looks elegant.

RE: [RELEASE] reFocus BIG v.0.87.1 - Da1ek - 2013-02-26

(2013-02-25, 16:26)joro_abv Wrote: No one reacted on my proposition to work on a nicer home menu, but since I'm stupid but persistent- I go on with offering a concept screen that I made to present my idea. So, here it goes below :

I like it , how does it look with the skin.widgets showing ...

RE: [RELEASE] reFocus BIG v.0.87.1 - joro_abv - 2013-02-26

(2013-02-25, 17:09)Styler Wrote:

I prefer a minimalist home screen. I like a simple solid colour (with maybe a slightly textured effect) and text only for the menu structure. It might be boring for some, but for me it looks elegant.

As mentioned in my initial post before - there's nothing bad in the minimalistic approach, apart from the problem that it looks like a menu, but certainly not "main". The widgets are taking center stage that way and I believe it is not their purpose. My credo - main menu is main menu in first place. I'd even trade the widgets at all for the option to navigate the submenus directly from the main items as shown on my screen. Don't want to be offensive in any way, though, just trying to make my point clearer :-).

RE: [RELEASE] reFocus BIG v.0.87.1 - HolyMountain - 2013-02-26

this is where this skin really shine the simplicity n cleaness , i got tired of other skin's homescreen
but reFocus with the Fanart slideshow is pure Art in my eyes

i think there is alot other skins to choose from if u whant more animation n more flashy art

RE: [RELEASE] reFocus BIG v.0.87.1 - loggio - 2013-02-26

If there is one thing i hate about skins, it's horizontal menu's. Sure they look nice, but they are a PITA to use... Especially when the menu's travel off the screen, you have to go all the way to the right to reveal the menu's off the screen... They become 'hidden items' so to speak.

Virtical menus are ALWAYS cleaner and much more intuitive in nature. You can easily see all menu items, and it's much easier on the eyes to read 'top to bottom' Nothing wrong with the current home screen if you ask me.

RE: [RELEASE] reFocus BIG v.0.87.1 - s1mp3 - 2013-02-27

Love this skin!
I have one problem... I have a ton of mp3 files, and it's a PITA to browse them with just UP/DOWN buttons on my remote.
Is there a way to skip list in library mode by first letter in the name?