Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] reFocus BIG v.0.88.6 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: reFocus (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+----- Thread: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.0.88.6 (/showthread.php?tid=132897)

RE: [RELEASE] reFocus BIG v.0.87.1 - Martijn - 2013-03-28

(2013-03-28, 01:49)Paul Salem Wrote:
(2013-03-27, 00:55)Martijn Wrote: @paul salem
Did you ever consider submitting this skin to xbmc repo?

I didn't know I could, but I would love to.

A small guide for skinners Smile
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=159476
if any question feel free to ask in skin dev forum if not clear.
Although this is essentially a "mod" there's no other reFocus in repo.
So i hope Jeroen won't mind Smile

RE: [RELEASE] reFocus BIG v.0.87.1 - jamisontaylor - 2013-03-28

(2013-03-28, 19:51)wgards8 Wrote: And when you click on the folder the files show and you can play them?

Also, all other home menu options work as far as enabling. I have all options enabled but only TV Shows and Movies are omitted on the main screen.

videos
music
pictures
add-ons
system
weather
favourites
disc

...is what shows up.

RE: [RELEASE] reFocus BIG v.0.87.1 - wgards8 - 2013-03-28

Strange.
Uninstall the skin then reinstall and see if that fixes it. If not try another skin, if still not working at least we know its not a skin issue.
I personally think they arent scanned into the library correctly but it could be anything. All I can suggest is try removing the library, cleaning then adding again.
If your media files are stored in seperate folders ie. Movie name/movie.mkv then you have to specify that when adding the source. If your source is a network share then could be a permissions problem. What OS you using?
If non of this works ask over on the OS specific section.

(2013-03-28, 20:32)wgards8 Wrote: Strange.
Uninstall the skin then reinstall and see if that fixes it. If not try another skin, if still not working at least we know its not a skin issue.
I personally think they arent scanned into the library correctly but it could be anything. All I can suggest is try removing the library, cleaning then adding again.
If your media files are stored in seperate folders ie. Movie name/movie.mkv then you have to specify that when adding the source. If your source is a network share then could be a permissions problem. What OS you using?
If non of this works ask over on the OS specific section.

Would the TV Shows and Movies selections on the home menu not show up if I don't have the library scanned correctly? They show up on the menus of every other skin I try even without scanning anything.

EDIT: Actually it appears that this happens with any Refocus BIG mod, whether it's 0.87.1 or either of the ReAlaska skins. Movies and TV Shows in the old original Refocus shows up like it should however.

If my server is offline and xbmc can't access mysql database then I only get videos with no movies or TV shows on the home menu.
Well if you goto movies in the original refocus skin and it shows your library with artwork and stuff then I haven't got a clue why it won't work in this skin.
Sorry dude.

That's cool. Thanks for trying. I'll tinker with this thing throughout the weekend and see if I can find success through trial and error.

Minor update. Slight progress! "Movies" just showed up on my home menu after I changed my source, which right now is just a folder of one specific TV show, from TV Shows to Movies (which obviously it isn't). Of course the scraper didn't come back with the correct information, thinking that episodes of Little Einsteins is Open Season 2, but still....

So, now any idea what I'm doing wrong with getting it to recognize the folder as a TV show? I know lots of people have issues with file names so I tried to be careful with that just to test first. For now until I can figure this out I just have one file in the folder. It is setup like:

C:\Video\TV Shows\Little Einsteins\Little Einsteins - S01E01.avi

Thanks for any additional help you can give!

Sent you a pm.

RE: [RELEASE] reFocus BIG v.0.87.1 - Sam15 - 2013-03-29

Can't get this to install on atv2 flashes up downloading for a second then goes off?

RE: [RELEASE] reFocus BIG v.0.87.1 - pettson3816 - 2013-03-30

(2013-02-28, 13:52)Sabish Wrote:
(2013-02-28, 12:09)rd1979 Wrote:
(2013-02-25, 16:26)joro_abv Wrote: No one reacted on my proposition to work on a nicer home menu, but since I'm stupid but persistent- I go on with offering a concept screen that I made to present my idea. So, here it goes below :
- menu item images from theme, of course
- background changes to same image as menu item image, when there's no art to show. When arts - then the background is artwork, this is clear, I guess
- customizable clock and date colors
- news scroller gets more 'visible', when navigated to it.
- space between menu items and clock used for widgets etc, of course
- submenus appear and can be navigated for the current menu item below, as shown

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xrcz2avyinbr7ph/reFocus_home_horiz.jpg

How do you like it ... anyone ... ?

Just wanted to chime in with my 2 cents to let you know I too like it. Don't think just because not many have answered that we don't like the idea. Unless you were the one from before, you're not the first to come up with this concept for reFocus.

Since the subject of new a home menu for reFocus is on the table, i want to share my approach with you. I've done the following mockups last summer, when i was discussing with Paul the idea of doing reFocus reLoaded. But reFocus BIG has come a long way since then, so maybe It could be nice to implent an alternative homescreen in BIG in next updates, instead of keeping it for a new skin/mod that might take months (or even years) to see the light of day.

Anyway, here it is : it's mainly based on some metro UI concepts i've seen here an there, but i think it could blend in nicely with rest of the skin :

Of course, these are just raw mockups, and have therefore a lot of room for improvement (espacially for the thumbs in bottom), but feedback is welcomed of course Wink

Sabish.

I can't forget about this amazing home screen.

RE: [RELEASE] reFocus BIG v.0.87.1 - deletedpenguin - 2013-03-30

(2013-03-30, 06:17)pettson3816 Wrote: I can't forget about this amazing home screen.

+1

RE: [RELEASE] reFocus BIG v.0.87.1 - Hudson_Hawk04 - 2013-03-31

Really like those screen shots

RE: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.0.87.1 - esk1 - 2013-04-01

edit: Appears this is not a skin specific question after all

RE: [RELEASE] reFocus BIG v.0.87.1 - g.scholtens - 2013-04-02

(2013-03-30, 06:17)pettson3816 Wrote:
(2013-02-28, 13:52)Sabish Wrote:
(2013-02-28, 12:09)rd1979 Wrote: Just wanted to chime in with my 2 cents to let you know I too like it. Don't think just because not many have answered that we don't like the idea. Unless you were the one from before, you're not the first to come up with this concept for reFocus.

Since the subject of new a home menu for reFocus is on the table, i want to share my approach with you. I've done the following mockups last summer, when i was discussing with Paul the idea of doing reFocus reLoaded. But reFocus BIG has come a long way since then, so maybe It could be nice to implent an alternative homescreen in BIG in next updates, instead of keeping it for a new skin/mod that might take months (or even years) to see the light of day.

Anyway, here it is : it's mainly based on some metro UI concepts i've seen here an there, but i think it could blend in nicely with rest of the skin :

Of course, these are just raw mockups, and have therefore a lot of room for improvement (espacially for the thumbs in bottom), but feedback is welcomed of course Wink

Sabish.

I can't forget about this amazing home screen.
How can i use this view? I use the BIG version already, don't know wich version. Using the repo with auto update.
I still have the vertical home menu

RE: [MOD] reFocus BIG v.0.87.1 - Hudson_Hawk04 - 2013-04-02

they are just mockups at this point, from what I gather nothing is set in stone as of yet, just be patient.