Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] 4oD (Video) Addon - UK Channel 4 on demand. v.3.0.12 !NOT WORKING! - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] 4oD (Video) Addon - UK Channel 4 on demand. v.3.0.12 !NOT WORKING! (/showthread.php?tid=134118)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

RE: [RELEASE] 4oD (Video) Addon - UK Channel 4 on demand [BROKEN] - Rhothgar - 2012-12-12

This is bizarre. When I posted earlier, S1E1 Animal Farm March 07 was working.

So I ran a backup using Rob Webers XBMX Backup and 4oD stopped working after I rebooted.

This was not on auto update as I don't think Mossy had his add-on in repo before so I had downloaded from wiki.xbmc (from memory - 3 months ago). Anyway, 1.8.3.

Tonight I am going to clean install and restore from my 21st September backup and see if it works again.

RE: [RELEASE] 4oD (Video) Addon - UK Channel 4 on demand [BROKEN] - Rhothgar - 2012-12-13

I finally got around to restoring one of my older XBMC backups today.

4oD definitely still works on 1.8.3 but then the auto-update kicks in and overwrites it with 1.8.5 and nothing works.

Is there a way to stop auto-update on ONE plugin? Or ALL plugins for that matter?

RE: [RELEASE] 4oD (Video) Addon - UK Channel 4 on demand [BROKEN] - hasselhof - 2012-12-14

(2012-12-13, 23:25)Rhothgar Wrote: I finally got around to restoring one of my older XBMC backups today.

4oD definitely still works on 1.8.3 but then the auto-update kicks in and overwrites it with 1.8.5 and nothing works.

Is there a way to stop auto-update on ONE plugin? Or ALL plugins for that matter?

When at page with "install from zip" push left to get option to turn off auto updates

RE: [RELEASE] 4oD (Video) Addon - UK Channel 4 on demand [BROKEN] - Rhothgar - 2012-12-17

Thanks Hasselhof.

Sorry I have not logged on for a few days. I'll take a look at that.

If I want to copy this add-on (Version 1.8.3 which is still working for me) from a previous backup, which files do I need to copy.

The zip in packages?
The userdata information?
The add-on information?

Is there any other folder I need to copy?

Many thanks for your time.

RE: [RELEASE] 4oD (Video) Addon - UK Channel 4 on demand [BROKEN] - Mossy - 2012-12-17

If you post a 1.8.3. debug log I might be able to determine why it's working for you in 1.8.3.

Also, does it work if you disable caching in the plugin settings?

RE: [RELEASE] 4oD (Video) Addon - UK Channel 4 on demand [BROKEN] - Richard. - 2013-01-09

[/quote]

When at page with "install from zip" push left to get option to turn off auto updates

[/quote]

Thanks for this info, I've been looking everywhere to stop auto updates.

Big Thank you! Big Grin

Re: RE: [RELEASE] 4oD (Video) Addon - UK Channel 4 on demand [BROKEN] - hasselhof - 2013-01-09

(2013-01-09, 23:11)Richard. Wrote: Is there a way to stop auto-update on ONE plugin? Or ALL plugins for that matter?

[/quote]

Thanks for this info, I've been looking everywhere to stop auto updates.

Big Thank you! Big Grin
[/quote]

No problem Big Grin

RE: [RELEASE] 4oD (Video) Addon - UK Channel 4 on demand [BROKEN] - THISWEB - 2013-01-10

Desperate to get this running. However I hear that Channel 4 are releasing a proper app for android 'sometime early 2013'

http://www.techradar.com/news/software/applications/4od-for-ios-and-android-to-get-live-tv-and-offline-viewing-1111749

will this make it easier to create a new plugin, using the android stream? Android is open source so I figure it might make it easier to port to XBMC. I haven't a clue about this stuff to be honest? But I suspect it will depend if they still rely on Flash (current way to view on android) ? Hoping they will ditch it as this app is going to allow offline viewing.

[RELEASE] 4oD (Video) Addon - UK Channel 4 on demand [BROKEN] - Rhothgar - 2013-01-18

Unfortunately, I am on holiday now.

I did post and PM Mossy about this at the time but received no response so just assumed he had had enough and given up. It was a great plugin as most who used it will know.

I am happy to do a fresh install and restore the September backup of mine which works providing I am not going to be wasting my time. I offered this in Dec when I actually had the time. January and February are going to be very busy for me.

It may be a waste of time now because something changed with YouTube around 28th December and this required a change to CommonFunctions.py in parsedom module.

If it doesn't work with straight restore on 1.8.3 then I will apply fix for YouTube and see if that restores it.

@Mossy.

Do you have backups of your previous plugins stored safely or so you need me to copy and zip any files? Please see #109 as I have not had an answer to that.

If it is just log file I can do this once back home in a couple of weeks or so.

RE: [RELEASE] 4oD (Video) Addon - UK Channel 4 on demand [BROKEN] - privado - 2013-01-18

That sounds like a great idea mate, as you said the addon was very popular and worked well. I for one would like to see it worked on, even if a temp fix is in place.

RE: [RELEASE] 4oD (Video) Addon - UK Channel 4 on demand [BROKEN] - laptopu - 2013-01-18

I have been a lurker on the forum but I joined today to say the same thing - this add-on was absolutely awesome and Mossy's work on it has been very much appreciated. I wanted to say this because for every one person who says they'd love to see it back there will probably be dozens more who use the add-on but don't say anything.

I hope it is back up and running soon, and I really appreciate Mossy's work on this (along with everyone else who contributes).

RE: [RELEASE] 4oD (Video) Addon - UK Channel 4 on demand [BROKEN] - gitr - 2013-01-19

There seem to be an update to repository.mossy - and it does not start/finish on frodo rc3.

1.0.1 to 1.0.2.

the only error I noticed in the log would be:
Code:
WARNING: XFILE::CCurlFile::CReadState::FillBuffer: curl failed with code 22
Weird part is that I can browse the git source and download the zip with a browser, so what's the problem?

Cheers.

RE: [RELEASE] 4oD (Video) Addon - UK Channel 4 on demand [BROKEN] - Mossy - 2013-01-21

I am looking into a possible fix that was discovered by guys working on a ruby 4oD downloader.

ETA: It'll be done when it's done.

@Rhothgar All the previous versions are available from my download page (see first post). It looks like i won't need your logs now.

@gitr The latest repoitory is now 1.0.4. If you are still having problems, try deleting [XBMC_FOLDER]/addons/packages/repository.mossy* and [XBMC_FOLDER]/addons/repository.mossy and then do a fresh install.

RE: [RELEASE] 4oD (Video) Addon - UK Channel 4 on demand [BROKEN] - laptopu - 2013-01-21

That is fantastic news, thanks Mossy.

RE: [RELEASE] 4oD (Video) Addon - UK Channel 4 on demand [BROKEN] - aNILEator - 2013-01-21

Nope sorry mossy repo still says update available in frodo for me, I do have the latest version though Tongue