Kodi Community Forum
[XBMCbuntu] XBMC 12.00 - Frodo beta release - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Linux (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [XBMCbuntu] XBMC 12.00 - Frodo beta release (/showthread.php?tid=134252)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: [XBMCbuntu 12.04 alpha release] with pre-Frodo, AudioEngine and XvBA backend - jaykumar_2001 - 2012-09-17

Running XBMC XvBA wsipnes monthly GIT build) on an AMD A6 3650 CPU based HTPC connected to LCD monitor. During idle/moving playback CPU usage hover around 50% but for some strange reason when I switch off the monitor (not the HTPC, it is a download server, never shut it down) the CPU usage shoots upto 120%. Have observed same behavior in almost all previous versions. Running Catalyst 12.9

TLDR: switching of monitor caused high cpu.

Any idea whats causing it.

RE: [XBMCbuntu 12.04 alpha release] with pre-Frodo, AudioEngine and XvBA backend - ChewbaccaMan - 2012-09-18

(2012-09-14, 00:14)ChewbaccaMan Wrote:
(2012-07-24, 23:17)coolblue2000 Wrote:
(2012-06-27, 15:48)d_hero Wrote: I followed this instructions:

On my Mythbuntu and MCE remote setup:

Created a new rule:

Code:
sudo gedit /etc/udev/rules.d/90-mcewakeup.rules

Entered this in with the correct product and vendor id's (with the help of lsusb):

Code:
SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="0471", ATTRS{idProduct}=="0815" RUN+="/bin/sh -c 'echo enabled > /sys$env{DEVPATH}/../power/wakeup'"

Edited one line in my grub (added "usbcore.autosuspend=-1 acpi_enforce_resources=lax"):

Code:
sudo gedit /etc/default/grub

Code:
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash usbcore.autosuspend=-1 acpi_enforce_resources=lax"

Then:

Code:
sudo update-grub

Then after a reboot tested it and it worked.

The problem is that it relies on the vendor id and product id for each different usb receiver

Which ppa do i use to update the build? or is it already in there? Im running the build from the first post with nvidia card, not ATI, but the only ppa i can find refers to ATI cards only?

Wow, I have been banging my head against walls trying to get my mce to wake my machine after upgrading to xbmc 11. This has sorted my issue perfectly. I would note though that if like me gedit returned "Command not found" just edit the files directly using winscp or similar software. Thank you very much for this

I got my screen sizing issues sorted out (it was a TV issue), but my machine also won't wake with my MCE remote. I'm a bit of a linux newb here. Do I need to ssh into my XBMCbuntu machine to run these commands, or can i do it from the terminal in XBMCbuntu? Thanks.

Gedit didn't work. Using sudo nano instead I entered the above commands by ssh-ing into the machine. My machine won't resume from sleep with my MCE remote after the changes (but it always will -- even before these changes -- via my Logitech rf keyboard). Any idea why?

RE: [XBMCbuntu 12.04 alpha release] with pre-Frodo, AudioEngine and XvBA backend - jfath - 2012-09-19

Can anyone else confirm this problem I'm seeing:

Tested on several machines running wsnipex xbmc-xvba 20120830 or more current 20120909 from 'testing' ppa on 12.04. Most machines are running updated xbmcbuntu 12.04 Frodo originally from XBMCfreak, but one is a 12.04 Kubuntu installation.

On the main screen, if I press and hold up arrow or down arrow or backspace, XBMC will crash (close without error message, leaving a crash log in the home directory). I can press the keys fairly quickly without a crash. but if I press and hold to cause auto-repeat, I get the crash every time.

Thanks.

Jerry

RE: [XBMCbuntu 12.04 alpha release] with pre-Frodo, AudioEngine and XvBA backend - fritsch - 2012-09-19

@jfath:
Enable debug logging and pastebin xbmc.log - intereseting issue you are seeing.

RE: [XBMCbuntu 12.04 alpha release] with pre-Frodo, AudioEngine and XvBA backend - jfath - 2012-09-20

http://pastebin.com/dn9tWtUf

First I pushed and held the right arrow, then I pushed and held the up arrow.

Right arrow acted as expected, up arrow shows a couple of times in the log, then nothing.

Could someone running a recent Frodo under Linux give it a quick try and tell me whether they get the same?

Thanks.

Jerry

RE: [XBMCbuntu 12.04 alpha release] with pre-Frodo, AudioEngine and XvBA backend - wsnipex - 2012-09-20

can you post the crashlog too please?

RE: [XBMCbuntu 12.04 alpha release] with pre-Frodo, AudioEngine and XvBA backend - jfath - 2012-09-20

This is a new crashlog, created today, but using the same test procedure.
http://pastebin.com/At0cw6Xc

Thanks for looking.

Jerry

RE: [XBMCbuntu 12.04 alpha release] with pre-Frodo, AudioEngine and XvBA backend - fritsch - 2012-09-20

@jfath:

Can you try this in a directory that has no scraped content? This it also happen in mainscreen?

Yes, this was on the main screen.

If I move the selection to a section like 'Pictures' where I have no content, then press and hold the up arrow, it takes longer to crash, but the crash still happens. Here's the end of that crash log:

http://pastebin.com/c5CdhP9M

Thanks again.

Jerry

RE: [XBMCbuntu 12.04 alpha release] with pre-Frodo, AudioEngine and XvBA backend - fritsch - 2012-09-20

@jfath:
Can you check dmesg after the crash and also measure on a separate terminal with top? Does the ram usage increase like hell? Just tipping in the dark - no real idea.

RE: [XBMCbuntu 12.04 alpha release] with pre-Frodo, AudioEngine and XvBA backend - jfath - 2012-09-21

Nothing in dmesg and no spike in memory usage BUT...

The machine I'm testing on (Kubuntu 12.04) has pulse audio installed and I noticed a spike in CPU usage by pulse just before the crash. I turned off navigation sounds and the crash no longer happens.

Still need to check on my other machines where pulse isn't installed, but sure looks like it's related to rapidly playing the navigation sound. Also don't know why right and left arrow don't have the same problem since the sounds are the same.

RE: [XBMCbuntu 12.04 alpha release] with pre-Frodo, AudioEngine and XvBA backend - jfath - 2012-09-21

Same result with non-pulse machines. No navigation sounds -> no crash.

FWIW: I'm using the default confluence skin.

Feels like a reentrancy or stack problem. Not sure why I'm seeing it now - maybe sound handling library changed (SDL?). Maybe nav sounds were synchronous and now they are async?

RE: [XBMCbuntu 12.04 alpha release] with pre-Frodo, AudioEngine and XvBA backend - fritsch - 2012-09-21

@jfath:
Code:
Starting XBMC (12.0-ALPHA6 Git:Unknown), Platform: Linux (Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS, 3.2.0-29-generic-pae i686). Built on Sep  9 2012

Can you upgrade to the latest version in testing (xbmc-xvba-testing) (has truehd issues) or alternatively to the latest stable version in xbmc-xvba ppa (120830). I think you got the one with Audio Engine suspend support, which was heavily broken at this time.

Only my development machine runs the testing version from 2012-09-09. My media clients run the wsnipex xbmc-xvba 2012-08-30 version. The media clients show exactly the same behavior.

I just upgraded my dev machine to the current testing (20120918) and it fails to start with:
symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/xbmc/xbmc.bin: undefined symbol: _ZTIN6TagLib8IOStreamE

RE: [XBMCbuntu 12.04 alpha release] with pre-Frodo, AudioEngine and XvBA backend - fritsch - 2012-09-21

@jfath:
sudo apt-get install libtag1x8

When you get it starting, add to you advancedsettings.xml (without the dots :-))

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <audio>
    <streamsilence>1</streamsilence>
  </audio>
</advancedsettings>