Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Twitch.tv - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv (/showthread.php?tid=134538)

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - ptx-chris - 2013-08-26

(2013-08-25, 23:06)SawyerX Wrote: is there a way to set a buffer?

not within in the plugin, and it is impossible to implement that

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - Jadefire - 2013-09-07

Hi, I'm wondering why the plugin doesn't select the maximum quality from streams anymore, like it did before. Yes the settings are set to "Best quality possible", always been.

It's been like this for a week, maybe it has something to do with a recent change at Twitch(?) because now, on Twitch, the video qualities are called 'Source/High/Medium/Low' instead of being called e.g. '720+/720/480/360' like before.
So "Source" is now equivalent to 720+/1080p+, and High is equivalent to 720 (yes there is a major difference between 720 and 720+, especially in frames per second). High is what the plugin selects, instead of Source, as its best quality possible.

I've tried reinstalling the plugin but nothing changed.

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - ptx-chris - 2013-09-07

Thanks for the info. I'll check tomorrow what is going wrong there and we'll push a new version to fix this asap.

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - ziza - 2013-09-08

Hello,

it seems like in the newer versions of this plugin the "teams"-list is somehow broken. At least i remember that i could access for example the SpeedRunsLive(SRL)-streams.
Now i have only one page of teams anymore, and none of those are much interesting. Any hints?

thanks, ZiZa

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - ptx-chris - 2013-09-08

(2013-09-07, 19:13)Jadefire Wrote: Hi, I'm wondering why the plugin doesn't select the maximum quality from streams anymore, like it did before. Yes the settings are set to "Best quality possible", always been.

It's been like this for a week, maybe it has something to do with a recent change at Twitch(?) because now, on Twitch, the video qualities are called 'Source/High/Medium/Low' instead of being called e.g. '720+/720/480/360' like before.
So "Source" is now equivalent to 720+/1080p+, and High is equivalent to 720 (yes there is a major difference between 720 and 720+, especially in frames per second). High is what the plugin selects, instead of Source, as its best quality possible.

I've tried reinstalling the plugin but nothing changed.

Well, I checked into it and there is a problem if there are two streams with the exact same picture size. We currently do not check which one is transmitted with a higher bitrate. Apart from that, you should actually get of the streams with the biggest picture size, but maybe with a lower bitrate. Please be patient Wink a fix will be coming within the next week or so.

(2013-09-08, 10:05)ziza Wrote: Hello,

it seems like in the newer versions of this plugin the "teams"-list is somehow broken. At least i remember that i could access for example the SpeedRunsLive(SRL)-streams.
Now i have only one page of teams anymore, and none of those are much interesting. Any hints?

thanks, ZiZa

Yes you're right, that change happened when we changed most of the plugins code. Since then, we didn't care too much about the teams, since we felt that there are not that many people using that feature. So to be honest, it is low priority right now. Might take a while for us to fix that.

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - Myl1ttlepwny - 2013-09-15

No steams are working for me, here is a xbmc.log snippet
Using Gentoo and installed xbmc-12.2-r1 with rtmp USE flag.
And i have media-video/rtmpdump 2.4 installed

http://pastebin.com/iiRTPqeE

EDIT: Nevermind, solved it with a patched librtmp.so.0

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW-TO:Update_librtmp

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - anarckie - 2013-09-19

(2013-09-08, 13:20)ptx-chris Wrote: Well, I checked into it and there is a problem if there are two streams with the exact same picture size. We currently do not check which one is transmitted with a higher bitrate. Apart from that, you should actually get of the streams with the biggest picture size, but maybe with a lower bitrate. Please be patient Wink a fix will be coming within the next week or so.

Looking forward to being able to view the Source/high bitrate quality. To me it seems that most stream qualities has really gone downward.

Also, can any progress be made on viewing Past Broadcasts?

Thanks for any upgrades/fixes.

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - Quiksmage - 2013-09-20

Thanks for your continued support on this addon. Can't wait to get my streams on source quality =D.

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - Jadefire - 2013-09-29

Any news about the update...?

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - Fallanx - 2013-10-09

This is my favorite addon, thanks for doing it guys.

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - Jadefire - 2013-10-22

Looks like the author died

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - d2_ricci - 2013-10-25

(2013-09-19, 20:58)anarckie Wrote:
(2013-09-08, 13:20)ptx-chris Wrote: Well, I checked into it and there is a problem if there are two streams with the exact same picture size. We currently do not check which one is transmitted with a higher bitrate. Apart from that, you should actually get of the streams with the biggest picture size, but maybe with a lower bitrate. Please be patient Wink a fix will be coming within the next week or so.

Looking forward to being able to view the Source/high bitrate quality. To me it seems that most stream qualities has really gone downward.

Also, can any progress be made on viewing Past Broadcasts?

Thanks for any upgrades/fixes.
Just to note, when starting a video, I noticed that if I use DVDPlayer instead of OMXPlayer, it states that it works as 1920x1080 for those channels who advertise it. there are some issues with that player (artifacts) but its still 1080p

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - Unicorn! - 2013-10-31

Is there anyway to see offline videos using this addon?

EDIT: by offline I mean old/past broadcasts.

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - d2_ricci - 2013-10-31

After writing that, I just noticed one channel showing 720 with the omxplayer (but 1080 on the DVD player); I dont recall which and not able to duplicate the issue. I will say I had a friend of mine raise his stream to 1080@30fps with 3500bit rate and I was able to get full 1080p with no problem on either player. One problem I am currently having is that the back button, left,right,up, or down arrow seem to lock up the stream on my ras-pi with my TV remote (via CEC). By lock up, I mean it attempts to FF/RW the stream in which there is no real capability to do so, so it hangs the stream. I can get back to the video menu, but can't stop or start another stream without it completely hanging XBMC.
I usually SSH in and do a reboot to keep the database safe from a hard reboot.

I have also attempted to remap the keys for fullscreen video in remote.xml, but it doesn't seem to take the settings. mind you, this isn't a infrared remote, but one that sends data via the HDMI cable from my TV using CEC.

(2013-10-31, 18:17)Unicorn! Wrote: Is there anyway to see offline videos using this addon?

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - culprit - 2013-11-08

Is this add-on dead? I started noticing really bad stuttering lately and sometimes the add-on hangs xbmc (e.g. while accidentally pressing FF / RW).

If I was able to code I would gladly help out. Maybe it's time to learn python, but I think it would take too long to understand it good enough to contribute.