Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Twitch.tv - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv (/showthread.php?tid=134538)

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - Quiksmage - 2014-03-11

I installed the gotham beta 1 at the suggestion of the previous post and it appears that the colors are washed out and lighter. I haven't found a stream yet that has stuttered as my previous post. I'll update as I check further. For now, this is the color different between the two streams, right side being xbmc

edit: to fix the above adjust the contrast in the video options while the stream is playing to either 49 or 51. There seems to be a problem with it at 50 as it looks correct at 49 and 51. Is this an issue of the addon or of xbmc?

edit #2: for anyone that still has my issue, it appears that updating to the gotham beta 1 got rid of the stutter/lag problem I was experiencing. I don't understand why the stable would exhibit this on so many of my systems but apparently not many others, else I assume there would have been a larger outcry. Regardless, thank you previous poster for suggesting this.

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - icelancer - 2014-03-11

I am getting Script errors when trying to run the TwitchTV add-on. Here are the steps I have taken to fix this issue:

-Reinstalled XBMC
-Updated librtmp (http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW-TO:Update_librtmp)
-Reinstalled TwitchTV add-on
-Restarted XBMC
-Logged errors

The logs are here. Hope someone can help, thank you!

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=147593

Looks like this might be the error?

"Error Contents: No module named xbmcswift2"

But that should be a dependency that is installed with XBMC/Python, right?

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - icelancer - 2014-03-11

Eh, I fixed it by downloading xbmcswift2 from GitHub and unzipping it into 2304924 spots. Works for now!

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - chrisdmartinez1 - 2014-03-26

How can I watch past broadcasts on the TwitchTV app for XBMC? Supposedly the feature is added but I don't know how to use it.

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - blahmoomoo - 2014-03-26

I don't know about random channels, but for subscribed channels you can select one of the offline ones to see highlights and past broadcasts. I don't know if it's able to get around the 30 minute limitation, since I haven't actually tried watching one of these, but it's worth a look, I guess.

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - chrisdmartinez1 - 2014-03-27

(2014-03-26, 04:14)blahmoomoo Wrote: I don't know about random channels, but for subscribed channels you can select one of the offline ones to see highlights and past broadcasts. I don't know if it's able to get around the 30 minute limitation, since I haven't actually tried watching one of these, but it's worth a look, I guess.

You have to be subscribed? What about channels you are following?

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - Unicorn! - 2014-04-18

I have issues seeking on VODs, if I try and skip forward it sits there buffering for ages. It's almost as if the VOD is still just playing normally in the background it just picks it up again when it hits the time I seeked to.

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - vanq69er - 2014-05-22

Hey all,

I am having problem streaming Twitch.tv on my 512mb Raspberry Pi. I have the latest Twitch.tv add-on from github and my Raspberry Pi stutters and lags after about 10 seconds of perfect streaming, there is no buffering, it just lags and stutters. I have checked the CPU usage and it is only about 15%. The quality is set on Best Possible but it will even lag on the 720p quality option. Also why is there no low, medium, high, source quality options in the addon?

I have tried the settings mentioned on page 16 with all the refresh rate stuff and de-interlacing. I have a 114Mb connection and I can stream Source Quality on my PC no problem.

I have tried overclocking to no avail. Tried all the XBMC distros, currently using Raspbmc Stable.

I am totally stumped, I tried posting on the Raspbmc forum but they deleted my post and refereed me to a sticky post that was totally irrelevant.

Does anyone have Source Quality Streaming working on a Raspberry Pi and what did you have to do? I was thinking of installing Debian with a GUI and trying to stream using Chrome? I thought that would have a lot more CPU overhead though.

I streamed the whole DOTA2 TI3 on the original RPi (128Mb) but now nether will stream at a decent quality.

Any help you guys could give would be greatly appreciated! I am totally stumped on this one.

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - d2_ricci - 2014-05-22

(2014-03-26, 00:29)chrisdmartinez1 Wrote: How can I watch past broadcasts on the TwitchTV app for XBMC? Supposedly the feature is added but I don't know how to use it.

Get the direct github version. https://github.com/StateOfTheArt89/Twitch.tv-on-XBMC

Current version is 1.1.0

For some reason, the library doesn't update past like 1.0.6 or 1.0.7; I currently am running 1.0.8 and will be updating it to 1.1.0 sometime today

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - d2_ricci - 2014-05-22

I have the same Pi as you and am currently running Raspbmc 13.0 (I believe) and able to run at any quality (this is with Twitch ver 1.0.8) on a wired connection. Have you tried changing skins to the basic confluence? Second thought, be sure that all the XBMC addons are fully updated as I seem to have some studdering when its updating, but after, its smooth as twitch allows

(2014-05-22, 00:47)vanq69er Wrote: Hey all,

I am having problem streaming Twitch.tv on my 512mb Raspberry Pi. I have the latest Twitch.tv add-on from github and my Raspberry Pi stutters and lags after about 10 seconds of perfect streaming, there is no buffering, it just lags and stutters. I have checked the CPU usage and it is only about 15%. The quality is set on Best Possible but it will even lag on the 720p quality option. Also why is there no low, medium, high, source quality options in the addon?

I have tried the settings mentioned on page 16 with all the refresh rate stuff and de-interlacing. I have a 114Mb connection and I can stream Source Quality on my PC no problem.

I have tried overclocking to no avail. Tried all the XBMC distros, currently using Raspbmc Stable.

I am totally stumped, I tried posting on the Raspbmc forum but they deleted my post and refereed me to a sticky post that was totally irrelevant.

Does anyone have Source Quality Streaming working on a Raspberry Pi and what did you have to do? I was thinking of installing Debian with a GUI and trying to stream using Chrome? I thought that would have a lot more CPU overhead though.

I streamed the whole DOTA2 TI3 on the original RPi (128Mb) but now nether will stream at a decent quality.

Any help you guys could give would be greatly appreciated! I am totally stumped on this one.

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - vanq69er - 2014-05-22

Hey mate, I was using just the stock Rasbmc (is that 13?) with Twitch.tv app (tried 1.0.3,1.0.8 and 1.1.0). No other software and I ran them for a few days so it should have been all updated.

I ended up giving up and running livestreamer and that works great!

(2014-05-22, 19:14)d2_ricci Wrote: I have the same Pi as you and am currently running Raspbmc 13.0 (I believe) and able to run at any quality (this is with Twitch ver 1.0.8) on a wired connection. Have you tried changing skins to the basic confluence? Second thought, be sure that all the XBMC addons are fully updated as I seem to have some studdering when its updating, but after, its smooth as twitch allows

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - MrSprigster - 2014-05-25

(2014-03-27, 08:05)chrisdmartinez1 Wrote:
(2014-03-26, 04:14)blahmoomoo Wrote: I don't know about random channels, but for subscribed channels you can select one of the offline ones to see highlights and past broadcasts. I don't know if it's able to get around the 30 minute limitation, since I haven't actually tried watching one of these, but it's worth a look, I guess.

Subscription is irrelevant, you can watch past broadcasts for any channel that you are following from the bottom section of the 'Following' menu in the addon.

(2014-04-18, 15:35)Unicorn! Wrote: I have issues seeking on VODs, if I try and skip forward it sits there buffering for ages. It's almost as if the VOD is still just playing normally in the background it just picks it up again when it hits the time I seeked to.

This is due to the past broadcasts being streamed in a similar way to a live stream and they only have a small buffer which is causing your limitation in skipping forward. Unfortunately this is by design at the Twitch end. You can however jump to the start of any of the 30 minute segments from the 'Current Playlist' menu in XBMC after loading one of the VODs.

It is also worth noting that due to the limitations of control that addons have of the XBMC video player (with regards to seeking to a specific time) we have a known issue that prevents Highlights from starting in the correct place.

For anyone having problems with RPi, the latest version 1.1.3 (available on github here) has some code optimisation and runs a lot better.

Sprig

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - d2_ricci - 2014-06-03

(2014-05-25, 22:58)MrSprigster Wrote:
(2014-03-27, 08:05)chrisdmartinez1 Wrote:

Subscription is irrelevant, you can watch past broadcasts for any channel that you are following from the bottom section of the 'Following' menu in the addon.

(2014-04-18, 15:35)Unicorn! Wrote: I have issues seeking on VODs, if I try and skip forward it sits there buffering for ages. It's almost as if the VOD is still just playing normally in the background it just picks it up again when it hits the time I seeked to.

This is due to the past broadcasts being streamed in a similar way to a live stream and they only have a small buffer which is causing your limitation in skipping forward. Unfortunately this is by design at the Twitch end. You can however jump to the start of any of the 30 minute segments from the 'Current Playlist' menu in XBMC after loading one of the VODs.

It is also worth noting that due to the limitations of control that addons have of the XBMC video player (with regards to seeking to a specific time) we have a known issue that prevents Highlights from starting in the correct place.

For anyone having problems with RPi, the latest version 1.1.3 (available on github here) has some code optimisation and runs a lot better.

Sprig
When I download this version, even though the changelog says 1.1.3, 1.1.1 installs instead. Dunno if something I'm doing wrong. When I uninstall it uninstalls and I then have to uninstall again (to which is shows version 1.0.3 (the first HLS compat version).

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - MrSprigster - 2014-06-04

The latest version on the XBMC Repository is 1.1.1 but if you manually install 1.1.3 it shouldn't downgrade you to 1.1.1 automatically... hmm.

Make sure you are replacing all of the files in the addon.video.twitch folder with the ones from the zip and overwriting all.

Sprig

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - tryceo - 2014-06-04

Okay, I've been working on an app to look at twitch streams on android, and I was trying to request the HLSPlaylist, but it always gives me No Results.

Code:
protected static final String PLAYLISTURL = "http://usher.twitch.tv/select/%1$s.m3u8?nauthsig=%2$s&nauth=%3$s&allow_source=true";

The access token part works fine, but when I try using the token and sig to request a playlist, it just doesn't work. I have encoded the part of the nauthsig and nauth part of the URL. Even when using my browser, it doesn't work.

EDIT:

I'm retarded