Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Twitch.tv - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv (/showthread.php?tid=134538)

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - muCkk - 2015-03-18

Hey,
Is it somehow possible to see advertising on the stream?

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - Atarian - 2015-03-21

Edit: fixed my problem, it was a DNS issue on my side.

Great addon!

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - iamskit - 2015-03-28

I'm also having the constant lag/buffering issue (and I'm not sure what to blame).

1.3.2 doesn't bring any news on that regard by the way.

Quote:1.3.2
- added followed games Thanks to stevensmedia

Actually looked at the addon code and I think it has no control over how it is played/buffered etc since the only line concerning actually playing content is:

Code:
xbmc.Player().play(url)

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - zoydberg - 2015-03-29

(2015-03-28, 18:51)iamskit Wrote: I'm also having the constant lag/buffering issue (and I'm not sure what to blame).

Actually looked at the addon code and I think it has no control over how it is played/buffered etc since the only line concerning actually playing content is:

Code:
xbmc.Player().play(url)

i know all of you say it works fine on your computer, or it worked fine just a week ago, but it has nothing to do with the addon. i know thats what you may think, but you would be wrong. although twitch is owned by amazon, they dont have a fraction of the infrastructure. twitch buffers even for people with gigabit fiber internet. so please, no more complaints in this thread about buffering, nobody but twitch can do anything about it, if you were to browse /r/twitch on reddit or just be apart of the twitch community on a regular basis, you would know that most twitch viewers have buffering at one point or another still, even people who just use the website or normal mobile apps.

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - barringtonink - 2015-04-09

Hi Can you please explain to me the 30 minute limitation for past broadcasts? On the computer I can watch an entire broadcast, but on the twitch plugin on AFTV, I only get like 28 minutes to watch

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - colbert - 2015-04-09

(2015-04-09, 21:40)barringtonink Wrote: Hi Can you please explain to me the 30 minute limitation for past broadcasts? On the computer I can watch an entire broadcast, but on the twitch plugin on AFTV, I only get like 28 minutes to watch

That's just how past broadcasts are archived, in chunks of that duration. If you use Jdownloader, for example, and copy a twitch link, you'd see one broadcast split up into the various files.

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - barringtonink - 2015-04-10

(2015-04-09, 23:25)colbert Wrote:
(2015-04-09, 21:40)barringtonink Wrote: Hi Can you please explain to me the 30 minute limitation for past broadcasts? On the computer I can watch an entire broadcast, but on the twitch plugin on AFTV, I only get like 28 minutes to watch

That's just how past broadcasts are archived, in chunks of that duration. If you use Jdownloader, for example, and copy a twitch link, you'd see one broadcast split up into the various files.

Well how can I watch the entire broadcast using kodi?

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - colbert - 2015-04-10

(2015-04-10, 15:55)barringtonink Wrote:
(2015-04-09, 23:25)colbert Wrote:

Well how can I watch the entire broadcast using kodi?

That is the broadcast, it's just split into those chunks. For example if it's a 3 hour cast, you'll have roughly 6 parts. To get to 90 minutes into that 3 hour cast, you'd want to skip to the 4th chunk, etc.

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - JohnPulse - 2015-04-11

(2015-03-29, 15:43)zoydberg Wrote:
(2015-03-28, 18:51)iamskit Wrote: I'm also having the constant lag/buffering issue (and I'm not sure what to blame).

Code:
xbmc.Player().play(url)

i know all of you say it works fine on your computer, or it worked fine just a week ago, but it has nothing to do with the addon. i know thats what you may think, but you would be wrong. although twitch is owned by amazon, they dont have a fraction of the infrastructure. twitch buffers even for people with gigabit fiber internet. so please, no more complaints in this thread about buffering, nobody but twitch can do anything about it, if you were to browse /r/twitch on reddit or just be apart of the twitch community on a regular basis, you would know that most twitch viewers have buffering at one point or another still, even people who just use the website or normal mobile apps.

Just as told in the FAQ. This plugin doesn't handle the video playback, so for those who are having the buffering issues, please follow this Kodi tutorial on how to configure the video cache.

I have OpenElec on a Pi2 and after about 10min of watching some 720p Twitch stream it would stall for a few seconds. On resume, the audio would be out of sync. I had to stop and play it again to make things right for a while.

With only <readbufferfactor>5</readbufferfactor> on my advancedsettings.xml I can watch a Twitch stream with no problems again, please see the description on the Kodi Website to understand what this setting does, as it affects the whole Kodi engine and not only the Twitch plugin. IMO setting it at 3 would be sufficient, but I did not make any extensive testing.

Hope this helps you guys!

Best regards,
John

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - Mertez - 2015-04-12

Increasing the cache size didn't help me with the buffering issue. If I play Twitch streams with omxplayer on Raspbian at 1080p, it will play smoothly without any problems; in Kodi, however, even on mobile quality, it will stop to buffer every 10-20 seconds.

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - JSLee - 2015-04-21

I really love this addon.. I really think the addon runs better than my twitch in my browser on my gaming machine!!! hahah

twitch itself has a shocking network and a really bad inhouse CDN... they also use QOS/priority packets for large streamers like Riotgames.. if there is a major LoL event going all other streamers suffer greatly.. Just FYI..

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - xentagz - 2015-04-24

I've got audio/video sync issues with twitch live streams. Known issue?

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - JSLee - 2015-04-24

(2015-04-24, 17:43)xentagz Wrote: I've got audio/video sync issues with twitch live streams. Known issue?

Did you check on your browser if it's the stream? or you saying it's on all streams via Kodi?

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - xoemmdee - 2015-04-25

Hi all, I'm relatively new to kodi and tried downloading this add on. It works well for me in most instances, but sometimes I have trouble accessing past broadcasts. When I click on the video it just gives me a grey screen, and even though it is playing (the time keeps moving) there is no picture or audio. The same stream works fine otherwise, I tried it with another device.

Any ideas?? I am running helix on a 2014 mac mini. Thanks!

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - mklcf - 2015-04-30

Hi, I friggin love this add-on!
A few questions, and a suggestion:

I see that you are going to 'implement a user authentication'
Does that mean that my time on a certain stream will be logged with that?

Noob question: how do I correctly update the add-on with the github zip? Just copy and overwrite all the files?

And the suggestion: a way to follow a stream/channel from the contextmenu.