Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Twitch.tv - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv (/showthread.php?tid=134538)

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - lococola - 2019-01-25

I'm having major buffering problems with the Twitch addon on Kodi 18, and also the browsing of menus and opening of streams is very sluggish.
Running on a Raspberry Pi 3 B+, latest LibreElec 8.95 which has Kodi 18 RC and Twitch 2.4.1.

First of all opening "Live Channels" takes a long time, and then opening a stream after that takes even longer. Then I get 2 seconds of video, then it needs to buffer for 10 seconds, working for 1 second, buffering again, ad infinitum.
It doesn't matter if I manually set the resolution to 720p30 or if I use the inputstream adaptive method. It still takes a long time to start, navigate to and open streams, and with adaptive mode I get it in 320x220 resolution or something to that effect. Granted, no buffering issues then, but I know I should be able to play these streams in 720 easily. Maybe not 60fps, but definitely 30. My inferior RP3 can do that without a hitch.

I don't get why this is happening. I have a Raspberry Pi 3 non-plus model with Kodi 16.1 with Twitch (also 2.4.1) and navigating through channels is instant, opening channels is instant and without any buffering issues.
My internet is also not the issue, I have 200mbps down which should be more than sufficient. And again, my other RP has no issues.

I want to use Kodi 18 because of the Netflix plugin, but if I can't get Twitch to work it's a no go.
So what gives? Anybody have a clue what could be going on?

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - anxdpanic - 2019-01-26

(2019-01-25, 22:51)lococola Wrote: ... with adaptive mode I get it in 320x220 resolution or something to that effect. ...
This is controlled by your InputStream Adaptive settings.

(2019-01-25, 22:51)lococola Wrote: ... So what gives? Anybody have a clue what could be going on?
I don't experience anything that you mention, a complete debug log (wiki) may show what is going on.

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - lococola - 2019-01-26

Log file is here: paste.kodi.tv/foqugicihu

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - anxdpanic - 2019-02-01

@lococola
It looks like the add-on is in working order and is utilizing cache. I see about 7~22 second delays. Performance wise the only thing I can see is maybe the scripts running in the background. Sorry I don't have anything definitive to offer from the log.

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - lococola - 2019-02-02

I appreciate you taking the time to look. Yes those 7-22 seconds is what I'm noticing too and it's making the app unworkable for me. I haven't seen anyone else mention this though, so I guess it has to be something on my end.
But it's a brand new RPi 3 Model B+, so it should not be an issue. Or it could be Kodi 18. Kind of stumped here Sad

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - macula - 2019-02-05

Is there a way to view subtitles (twitch's closed captions) to watch on streams that have them?

I kinda started watching some marathon of kung fu movies going on at one twitch stream and some of them are not dubbed in english but apperently does have eng subtitles.

Hence why I am asking about.

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - Bobfrombirmingham - 2019-02-13

I have discovered after much testing that twitch only works properly on libreelec build version 8.2.3.

This is on a RPI2.

If I upgrade to either 8.24 or 8.2.5 twitch quality is terrible and I get constant stutter, audio drops and pixelation.

Nothing changes in my build except the libreelec version. All addons are on the same (latest) version when I test.

I wonder if Libreelec is the cause of a lot of these issues people are seeing. Something fundamental regarding the underlying system, changes with 8.2.4 and 8.2.5.

Just posting this so others can test it out. To upgrade or downgrade drop the relevant Libreelec img.gz version in kodi/update folder and reboot. You can find all the Libreelec versions here... http://archive.libreelec.tv/

Be interested to see others results.

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - kurai - 2019-02-23

Hi anxdpanic.

I'm currently trying to diagnose a big memory leak that occurs after playing a lot of Twitch or Youtube videos, or watching long livestreams/VODs.
(After a day or two all 4GB of system memory is used and Kodi locks up if I just do my normal sleep/resume between sessions instead of restarting/cold-booting the system)

Before I went to turn on debugging I noticed the following in kodi.log:
cpp:
13:32:21.233 T:139708709435136 WARNING: script.module.python.twitch: API version |V5| is deprecated, update to |Helix| by |TBD|

Is this anything significant, or just a general warning that I can ignore ?

Cheers,
--
Kurai

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - alkapwn - 2019-02-25

I'm using inputstream.adaptive with "Ask Everytime", and nothing's playing when I select "Adaptive". I can play source, or any other bitrate.

Here's the relevant output from kodi.log:

https://paste.kodi.tv/seteqitawu.kodi

This happens no matter what stream I select.

Thanks!

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - anxdpanic - 2019-03-01

@macula 
I don't see a way to achieve this atm. If you'd like to keep up to date on this addition, I've opened an issue here: https://github.com/MrSprigster/Twitch-on-Kodi/issues/437

@Bobfrombirmingham 
I haven't seen anything like this on the RPI2+OSMC, or PC+Windows.

@kurai 
That line can safely ignored, it's more of a notice to developers.
Version 2.4.2 has been submitted to the official repository, may be worth seeing if that resolves the issue for you. 
If you provide a complete debug_log (wiki) I can take a look if anything is going wrong add-on wise.

@alkapwn
Would need a complete debug_log (wiki) to hopefully see what's causing the issue.

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - kurai - 2019-03-02

(2019-03-01, 19:21)anxdpanic Wrote: @kurai 
That line can safely ignored, it's more of a notice to developers.
Version 2.4.2 has been submitted to the official repository, may be worth seeing if that resolves the issue for you. 
If you provide a complete debug_log (wiki) I can take a look if anything is going wrong add-on wise.

@anxdpanic
Thanks - log included below.  I had to split it into sub 1MB chunks for the paste site to accept  - 12 minutes of activity generated a log of ~4Mb  :/

To clarify what's happening, and what activity the log is recording:-
If you skip around in a VOD or play a bandwidth constrained stream that pauses/buffers a lot there's a noticeable increase in RAM usage, which accumulates over time and never gets freed up (checked with top/htop and it's not just everyday system caching.  The memory is shown as used and will eventually crash the machine once free memory reaches zero)

It seems like the buffered chunks that are being grabbed as required are not being cleared down once they are no longer needed.

I see this happen in Twitch & Youtube plugins - initially I thought it may be an Inputstream.Adaptive issue since I am using it for both plugins, but even after turning it off in each the memory leak still occurs.
The logs posted are with the non inputstream setting and jumping around a lot in the played videos to accelerate the accumulated free RAM loss for demonstration purposes.
After ~10 minutes of this about 100MB of RAM has been gobbled up. (720p streams/videos at ~1 to ~2Mbit)
With inputstream.adaptive turned on the problem is even worse since I'm generally viewing ~6Mbit 1080p streams/videos and the buffered chunks seem to be larger.

Any help you can offer with diagnosis is appreciated Smile

kodi.log Pt.1
kodi.log Pt.2
kodi.log Pt.3
kodi.log Pt.4
kodi.log Pt.5

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - qwind - 2019-03-03

@anxdpanic

Hey, new here. I have a question/problem with the Kodi Twitch addon so perhaps you can clarify something to me.
I'm currently using Kodi on LibreELEC 9.0.1, but I have noticed this happen in earlier kodi/libreelec versions as well. When I try to browse twitch live streams (or generally any other list of videos within this addon) I will get this nice line-by-line list displayed on the screen. When I move the mouse cursor to the left edge of the screen, the addon config panel shows up. One of the options listed here is called "ViewType" and it is set to "WideList" by default. I would like to set this option to "InfoWall" and doing so will change the stream list to a nicer layout with picture previews for each live stream. The problem is when I switch the list to the next page it will revert back to WideList for some reason, and it seems to be doing this for every page that I have not yet visited. Oddy, it will remember which pages I set to InfoWall and will display them properly, but I can't find a way to set all pages to start in InfoWall view by default.

How do I set the ViewType to default to InfoWall for all pages including the ones not yet visited?

Regards,
qw

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - kurai - 2019-03-03

(2019-03-03, 12:16)qwind Wrote: @anxdpanic
How do I set the ViewType to default to InfoWall for all pages including the ones not yet visited?
@qwind 
That's something controlled by the Kodi base and your chosen skin rather than the plugin. 
Video plugins need to default to a List view because there's no guarantee that the content will contain metadata components that can be used to construct the 'prettier' views in a useable manner, so initial view has to play it safe and show something that will work in all cases. 

However, because this *is* Kodi you are free to change this default behaviour if you so desire 😊

See this thread for a way to do this : Default to thumbnail view?

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - alkapwn - 2019-03-03

@anxdpanic Sorry about that.

I haven't configured inputstream.adaptive - it's at it's default settings.
I'm running OSMC with Kodi 17.6
Twitch plugin version is 2.4.2

I restarted Kodi, went into Twitch, selected a video, then clicked "adaptive" on the list of bitrates.

Here is the full sanitized kodi.log: https://paste.kodi.tv/junonusane.kodi

Thanks!

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - qwind - 2019-03-04

(2019-03-03, 12:37)kurai Wrote: That's something controlled by the Kodi base and your chosen skin rather than the plugin. 
Video plugins need to default to a List view because there's no guarantee that the content will contain metadata components that can be used to construct the 'prettier' views in a useable manner, so initial view has to play it safe and show something that will work in all cases. 

However, because this *is* Kodi you are free to change this default behaviour if you so desire 😊

See this thread for a way to do this : Default to thumbnail view? 
Oh? Thanks for pointing this out to me, I was sure it was the addon doing the sorting, not the base.
I'll play around a bit with the settings according to the thread you posted.

See ya!