Kodi Community Forum
Full airplay support? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Feature Requests (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Full airplay support? (/showthread.php?tid=134601)

Pages: 1 2 3

Full airplay support? - andyclimb - 2012-06-23

Been using xbmc for ages and love it...... But.... I still have to use iTunes to stream music around the house.

Is there any way..seeing as xbmc can be an airplay target that it can not act as a server and support streaming to AirPlay devices... And then the remote apps cold take advantage and allow remote controlling of xbmc and the speakers...there are already 3rd party apps that do it but the syncing and delay, plus lack of remote control make it useless..

I have searched extensively fora solution but to no avail. Keep up the fantastic work people..

This would be an awesome feature..

Andrew

Full airplay support? - Memphiz - 2012-06-23

if i only would understand what you are talking about i could give a comment Wink

RE: Full airplay support? - mftvrocks - 2012-06-24

That would be cool

RE: Full airplay support? - Ned Scott - 2012-06-24

Currently no. However, you can often get part of this functionality through your OS by having all sounds routed through AirPlay/AirTunes with some 3rd party programs. It wouldn't control XBMC through airplay, though.

RE: Full airplay support? - andyclimb - 2012-06-24

Upon reading that I agree it is a bit ambiguous...

I'd love xbmc to be able to play music to AirPlay enabled devices including airport expresses. Then I wold not need iTunes.

Full airplay support? - Memphiz - 2012-06-25

gotya ... doesn't look like this will be possible in the near and middle near future.

RE: Full airplay support? - andyclimb - 2012-06-25

This would be a fantastic feature. I use the digital out on the PC to go to a DAC and then a high quality amp/speakers and basically for years ive been struggling with iTunes as the sound quality coming out of it is noticeably crap. No idea why, even when playing the same lossless file iTunes sounds rubbish. However, I have airport expresses x3, in different rooms and implementation of this feature would allow XBMC to control multi room audio, which would be amazing. Considering that streaming to airplay devices has already been done, and XBMC can now act as a target it should be possible....

Is there any way to get the popularity of this idea, and maybe get it added to the future features list?

RE: Full airplay support? - Memphiz - 2012-06-25

You can add it to whatever list you want - but you need someone who does the dirty work you know? Wink

RE: Full airplay support? - andyclimb - 2012-06-25

Smile yes point well taken. I'm not shy of dirty work (basic programming) but this type of thing is well beyond my abilities..

Full airplay support? - Memphiz - 2012-06-25

first of all we need a library we can use. As of my knowledge there is no library currently out there which takes an audio stream and shuffles/encrypts it in a way another airplay target would need it to be. XBMC makes use of libraries where it can. It wouldn't be doable with the size of the team if we would need to develop these libraries too...

RE: Full airplay support? - Jules - 2012-10-09

+1 on this feature.
What about PulseAudio integration to use airplay protocols on the XBMC "server" side?

I've been trying to confirm the following...... AE support for multi-streaming audio? Is this currently supported?

Full airplay support? - Memphiz - 2012-10-09

1. no - we need a generic solution for all platforms (not only linux)
2. no

RE: Full airplay support? - Jules - 2012-10-10

If there is no multi-streaming capability is there a way to start multiple instances of AE? What would be the solution to have multiple streams of audio? Memphiz, do you know if this is a feature that is being worked on or talked about anywhere other than here?

Thanks

RE: Full airplay support? - Memphiz - 2012-10-11

Its talked about somewhere in the development forum (multiple audio output or so). And nobody works on it and there is no way to get multiple "AE instances" (its a singleton!).

RE: Full airplay support? - Rantanplan-1 - 2013-01-27

Hello, Airplay Server (iTunes) on XBMC would also be one of my feature requests.

if it would be possible to implement something like the Programm "Airfoil" (Windows side). That would be gr8.

I have the same wish as the Tread Starter, i would like stream Music from XBMC to Airport Express or other Airplay devices.

it would be gr8 if i could use XBMS as "the only Media Player" and doesnt need to use iTunes to Stream music to airplay devices. (Multiroom)

is perhaps "Airfoil" a good "Jump of" for this feature?

Greatings