Kodi Community Forum
The Official OMG, XBMC on Android thread. - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Android (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=164)
+---- Thread: The Official OMG, XBMC on Android thread. (/showthread.php?tid=136037)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

RE: The Official OMG, XBMC on Android thread. - rl4engx - 2012-08-10

(2012-08-10, 15:07)TF2000 Wrote: Yes. I've done it, as have others on the forum. Where have you seen the black model for £73?

"Eee by gum", I think it's time to get on board this particular ship then.

Is there a slight risk Pivos could mod their firmware so the HW acceleration only works on their box? Or is it just a case of flash the current Pivos ICS, then everything else is handled in xbmc? Sorry for all the questions, I enabled Library mode on Xbox original and saw the light. Smile

RE: The Official OMG, XBMC on Android thread. - CrashX - 2012-08-10

Is the time set properly for everyone ? On my Nexus 7 it is off by couple of hours on xbmc but not on nexus 7.

RE: The Official OMG, XBMC on Android thread. - kemonine96 - 2012-08-10

(2012-08-10, 22:44)CrashX Wrote: Is the time set properly for everyone ? On my Nexus 7 it is off by couple of hours on xbmc but not on nexus 7.

This is probably timezone related. Last I checked you cannot set the timezone on Android [yet].

RE: The Official OMG, XBMC on Android thread. - Ned Scott - 2012-08-11

(2012-08-10, 17:33)rl4engx Wrote: Is there a slight risk Pivos could mod their firmware so the HW acceleration only works on their box? Or is it just a case of flash the current Pivos ICS, then everything else is handled in xbmc? Sorry for all the questions, I enabled Library mode on Xbox original and saw the light. Smile

While I don't think they're ecstatic with people using their FW on other boxes, there would be little point in doing something like that to lock people out. If all goes well, XBMC will be able to use hardware video acceleration on those boxes even without the Pivos FW.

RE: The Official OMG, XBMC on Android thread. - Shivansps - 2012-08-11

Is Crystax NDK still needed? i wanted to give it a go to try to compile it with MIPS NDK, i have a broken touch Novo 7 basic laying around with a JZ4770, that it even has a remote control and everything...

RE: The Official OMG, XBMC on Android thread. - tutu - 2012-08-11

Pivos are planning on releasing a hardware accelerated Linux based XBMC build? Would that work on the Sumvision?

Is the Sumvision dual core or single core? Is it possible to boot linux?

Anyone thought about getting the odroid-x? Or hackberry / gooseberry?

I would certainly pay for a odroid-x if linux xbmc was available + plus a consumer case!!

RE: The Official OMG, XBMC on Android thread. - renato - 2012-08-11

(2012-07-14, 12:10)Kweker Wrote: I managed to build the xbmc binary, but building the apk is not working.

trouble processing:
bad class file magic (cafebabe) or version (0033.0000)
...while parsing xbmc.class
...while processing xbmc.class
1 warning
no classfiles specified
make[1]: *** [package] Error 1

Any idea anybody?

After spend some time searching in the internet I found the solution for that, just install the java 1.6 version. (apt-get install openjdk-6-jdk openjdk-6-jre)
Check the current version with: java -version (the vesion should be something like "1.6.0_24")

I'm do not understand about java compilers then I'm not sure why this does not work with java 1.7.

softbuttons, remotes and xbmc - tekno - 2012-08-12

of the videos I have seen so far there always appears to be one annoyance that I can not get over, and that is the softbuttons or menus that do not hide when xbmc is runniing . Is it possible to turn these off somehow so that it is a truly fullscreen experience? It seems that a TV device has a remote and these buttons should be on the remotes.

Is there a TV device with remote that has no softbuttons?
A;so how does an android remote interoperate with XBMC, I mean if there is up down left right , enter back etc these would be just ducky for xbmc that is assuming they are keyboard like commands.

I want to buy a set top android but these are my concerns.

RE: The Official OMG, XBMC on Android thread. - lartomar2002 - 2012-08-12

I am trying to stream video addons to a WDTV Live HD media player. The WDTV sees the XBMC that I have on my tab but, it only sees the local media none of the video addons like Navi-X, Icefilms, etc. Is there another setting I am missing? Thanks

RE: softbuttons, remotes and xbmc - Starstream - 2012-08-12

(2012-08-12, 02:29)tekno Wrote: of the videos I have seen so far there always appears to be one annoyance that I can not get over, and that is the softbuttons or menus that do not hide when xbmc is runniing . Is it possible to turn these off somehow so that it is a truly fullscreen experience? It seems that a TV device has a remote and these buttons should be on the remotes.

Is there a TV device with remote that has no softbuttons?
A;so how does an android remote interoperate with XBMC, I mean if there is up down left right , enter back etc these would be just ducky for xbmc that is assuming they are keyboard like commands.

I want to buy a set top android but these are my concerns.

That does not happen on the Pivos XIOS DS, it goes full screen you don't see the soft buttons/task bar.

RE: The Official OMG, XBMC on Android thread. - Bstrdsmkr - 2012-08-13

(2012-08-07, 12:01)davilla Wrote: 1Channel addon is asking for and getting dvdplayer and not amlplayer. Ask the author of the 1Channel addon to fix this and 'auto select' then player instead. We will NOT be adding hacks inside xbmc to redirect player selection requests, this only results in a player arms race.

This is fixed on Github

@davilla, I had overridden the Player class to make use of the player events and hadn't specified anything in the __init__() parameters. I though this would default to auto, but apparently it doesn't =) I don't know anything about the inner working of XBMC, but I thought I'd point that out just in case it's not the intended behavior

RE: The Official OMG, XBMC on Android thread. - davilla - 2012-08-13

@Bstrdsmkr, thanks for looking into this. Obviously the xbmc inner workings needs some re-thought regarding multiple video players, I'd rather change to a default audio, default video and banish specifics (paplayer, dvdplayer) away. This will require some thought.

RE: The Official OMG, XBMC on Android thread. - grantonstar - 2012-08-14

(2012-08-10, 15:07)TF2000 Wrote:
(2012-08-10, 15:00)rl4engx Wrote: Hi can someone please confirm if it's possible to reflash the Sumvision Nano Slim Plus with the Pivos firmware, and run the hardware accelerated Pivos xbmc build on it? I'm itching to replace my Original Xbox and not sure I can wait for a Pivos UK reseller. Smile And at £73 in black it seems ok value.

I've heard the Wifi isn't that great on the Sumvision but this is moot as I'd be using wired anyway. Is it 10/100/1Gb or 10/100 does anyone know?

Many thanks for any info. Smile

Yes. I've done it, as have others on the forum. Where have you seen the black model for £73?

One question for those with Pivos/Sumvision boxes - How is performance with a large content DB? I'll be replacing my old HTPC and I while I can attempt to share my existing library I'd rather keep it simple if possible. Space is a consideration as my current XBMC library data is ~3GB but I am planning on getting a 16gb microsd card.

Also, has anyone tried the beta linux build on the Sumvision?

RE: The Official OMG, XBMC on Android thread. - TF2000 - 2012-08-14

(2012-08-14, 17:00)grantonstar Wrote:
(2012-08-10, 15:07)TF2000 Wrote:
(2012-08-10, 15:00)rl4engx Wrote: Hi can someone please confirm if it's possible to reflash the Sumvision Nano Slim Plus with the Pivos firmware, and run the hardware accelerated Pivos xbmc build on it? I'm itching to replace my Original Xbox and not sure I can wait for a Pivos UK reseller. Smile And at £73 in black it seems ok value.

I've heard the Wifi isn't that great on the Sumvision but this is moot as I'd be using wired anyway. Is it 10/100/1Gb or 10/100 does anyone know?

Many thanks for any info. Smile

Yes. I've done it, as have others on the forum. Where have you seen the black model for £73?

One question for those with Pivos/Sumvision boxes - How is performance with a large content DB? I'll be replacing my old HTPC and I while I can attempt to share my existing library I'd rather keep it simple if possible. Space is a consideration as my current XBMC library data is ~3GB but I am planning on getting a 16gb microsd card.

Also, has anyone tried the beta linux build on the Sumvision?

I've spent the afternoon running the Linux build on a Sumvision. Seems to be running OK. Hope the Android port eventually runs this well though.
Going to buy a couple more Sumvisions (if I cant find a UK supplier of the Xios) to replace my ATV2's later this week.

RE: The Official OMG, XBMC on Android thread. - boss996 - 2012-08-19

I have tested it. It's pretty good.

But when I play .mkv file , it's jiggle.

And I have used Plex app as a sever to play the movie, it can't be play.

does anyone have the way to solve it ?