Kodi Community Forum
The Official OMG, XBMC on Android thread. - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Android (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=164)
+---- Thread: The Official OMG, XBMC on Android thread. (/showthread.php?tid=136037)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

RE: The Official OMG, XBMC on Android thread. - BrokenCodes - 2012-07-14

Is OpenMax Playback enabled? Because this would help with the slower devices, and would improve playback on the Mele AX000's...

RE: The Official OMG, XBMC on Android thread. - Starstream - 2012-07-14

The A10's aren't supported at least not yet I think, as far as I know the only one with for sure support is the Amlogic 8726 chip. I have a generic one and it runs XBMC home screen very nicely but cant get any further than that as it doesn't register the enter key on the keyboard. Although that might be some odd OS issue too as I've noticed the built in display calibrator no longer works with the same key, it used to work and tried different remotes with the same results.

Edit: Worked my way around that using External Keyboard Helper Pro by setting a custom keyamp and changing a keys keycode to directional pad center and I was able to get navigate in but backspace doesn't work so more rooting around to do.

RE: The Official OMG, XBMC on Android thread. - kgutteridge - 2012-07-14

Great work everyone involved, just got this up and running on the NexusQ, really will have to roll up my sleeves and come lend a hand dev wise

RE: The Official OMG, XBMC on Android thread. - splnuts - 2012-07-14

Got it working on my HP Touchpad. Wouldn't install on my Evo Shift but expected that.

I installed the touched skin and like it so far.

RE: The Official OMG, XBMC on Android thread. - dieselboy27 - 2012-07-14

Anyone know if this will work on the playbook?

I'm looking for a tablet I can dock and have hdmi out for xbmc. It needs to charge while running.

Re: The Official OMG, XBMC on Android thread. - ztas - 2012-07-14

Good job guys.
Got it working on my HP Touchpad, SD videos play well, 720p shutters due to no HD acceleration.

RE: The Official OMG, XBMC on Android thread. - Shivansps - 2012-07-14

I wonder if in the future it will be compiled for MIPS too? I think JZ4770 is the only mips processor out there.that may work for xbmc...

RE: The Official OMG, XBMC on Android thread. - theuni - 2012-07-14

Nothing with a tegra2 will work, as we're currently only targeting devices with neon.

RE: The Official OMG, XBMC on Android thread. - id78 - 2012-07-15

Boom! Made my day. Thanks to all for the great work.

RE: The Official OMG, XBMC on Android thread. - harbingerofdoom - 2012-07-15

(2012-07-14, 23:44)theuni Wrote: Nothing with a tegra2 will work, as we're currently only targeting devices with neon.

so it sounds like no arm v7 at this time?

RE: The Official OMG, XBMC on Android thread. - minibeardeath - 2012-07-15

Is there anywhere (3rd party, unofficial) to get the APK for those of us who cannot build our own? I just want to fiddle around on my mini-x, but have no idea how to go about building an android app.

RE: The Official OMG, XBMC on Android thread. - gabbott - 2012-07-15

(2012-07-15, 01:22)minibeardeath Wrote: Is there anywhere (3rd party, unofficial) to get the APK for those of us who cannot build our own? I just want to fiddle around on my mini-x, but have no idea how to go about building an android app.

Google is your friend Wink

touche

RE: The Official OMG, XBMC on Android thread. - barney_1 - 2012-07-15

EDIT: Davilla suggested I ask this question in the developer forum. See this thread for solutions to this issue:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=136121

Make is throwing an error when I try to compile XBMC-Android for a Cortex-A9 chip. I successfully compiled the dependencies, but here's where things go wrong:

Code:
make[2]: Leaving directory `/Lenny/scripts/xbmc-android/xbmc/cdrip'
make[2]: Entering directory `/Lenny/scripts/xbmc-android/xbmc/cores/AudioEngine'
CPP     xbmc/cores/AudioEngine/AEFactory.o
CPP     xbmc/cores/AudioEngine/AESinkFactory.o
CPP     xbmc/cores/AudioEngine/Sinks/AESinkNULL.o
CPP     xbmc/cores/AudioEngine/Sinks/AESinkProfiler.o
CPP     xbmc/cores/AudioEngine/Engines/SoftAE/SoftAE.o
CPP     xbmc/cores/AudioEngine/Engines/SoftAE/SoftAEStream.o
CPP     xbmc/cores/AudioEngine/Engines/SoftAE/SoftAESound.o
CPP     xbmc/cores/AudioEngine/Sinks/AESinkAUDIOTRACK.o
CPP     xbmc/cores/AudioEngine/Utils/AEChannelInfo.o
CPP     xbmc/cores/AudioEngine/Utils/AEBuffer.o
CPP     xbmc/cores/AudioEngine/Utils/AEConvert.o
Utils/AEConvert.cpp: In static member function 'static unsigned int CAEConvert::S16LE_Float(uint8_t*, unsigned int, float*)':
Utils/AEConvert.cpp:179:28: error: inconsistent operand constraints in an 'asm'
make[2]: *** [Utils/AEConvert.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/Lenny/scripts/xbmc-android/xbmc/cores/AudioEngine'
make[1]: *** [xbmc/cores/AudioEngine/audioengine.a] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/Lenny/scripts/xbmc-android'
make: *** [../../../..//libxbmc.so] Error 2
make: Leaving directory `/Lenny/scripts/xbmc-android/tools/android/depends/xbmc'

It's pointing to this block, whose final line is #179:
Code:
__asm__ __volatile__ (
                          "ldrsh r1,[%[in]]       \n\t" // Read a halfword from the source address
#ifdef __BIG_ENDIAN__
                          "revsh r1,r1           \n\t" // Swap byte order
#endif
                          "vmov s1,r1             \n\t" // Copy input into a fp working register
                          "fsitos s1,s1           \n\t" // Convert from signed int to float (single)
                          "vmul.F32 s1,s1,%[mul]  \n\t" // Scale
                          "vstr.32 s1, [%[out]]   \n\t" // Transfer the result from the coprocessor
                          :                                                      // Outputs
                          : [in] "r" (data), [out] "r" (dest), [mul] "w" (mul)   // Inputs
                          : "s1","r1"                                            // Clobbers
                          );

Any thoughts? Did I need to explicitly define endian-ness, and if so, how would I do that?

(2012-07-14, 23:16)dieselboy27 Wrote: Anyone know if this will work on the playbook?

I'm looking for a tablet I can dock and have hdmi out for xbmc. It needs to charge while running.
If it runs on android 2.3, then it may very well run on the playbook. I have no knowledge of converting android to playbook apps, but I will go check at crackberry and see if someone can whip something up Wink