Kodi Community Forum
[Released] PseudoTV Manager - an easier way to configure PseudoTV channels and more. - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [Released] PseudoTV Manager - an easier way to configure PseudoTV channels and more. (/showthread.php?tid=136244)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

[Released] PseudoTV Manager - an easier way to configure PseudoTV channels and more. - Messiadbunny - 2012-07-16

PseudoTV Manager

Summary: I found the built-in channel editor for PseudoTV to be too burdensome to use and really have any concept of what the channel would turn out to look like. On-top of that there wasn't an easy way within PseudoTV to modify the genres/networks/etc for each of my TV shows.

I made this tool to aide myself in building a pretty good channel lineup for my family and (as promised previously) am ready to release it in beta form to the public.

Requirements:
Windows
.NET Framework 3.5

Setup:

The first thing that will occur when you open PseudoTV Manager: you will be prompted with a pop-up notifying you that it is unable to locate your database and PseudoTV settings XML files.

It should resemble something like this:

You'll just need to select File - Settings and you will get a pop-up to input the locations for:

1) Your video database file
2) The Settings2.xml file that controls the channel line-up for PseudoTV. (Note: You have to of run PseudoTV at-least to the point of editing/creating the channels or you will only have a settings.xml not a settings2.xml file)

Note:
The default location for the video database file is here C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\Database\MyVideos60.db
The default location for the PseudoTV Settings2.XML file is: C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.pseudotv\settings2.xml

Input both directories, select save and you should see your TV shows fill up on the main window.

From that main window, main tab you can easily edit genres and networks for all of your TV shows
You can also add entirely new genres, entirely new networks and delete existing ones if you wish.

Running across the top of the window are 4 tabs.

The TV Shows tab allows you to edit the aforementioned information. The Networks and Genres tabs allow you to get a list of how many shows fall into each network/genre. You can also sort them ascending/descending to make things a little easier to see what you're working with.

The real magic however, comes from the last tab. The TV Guide tab allows you to easily add/remove/edit channels in your lineup.

As you can see many of the options that require individual rules are just check-boxes, making the process much simpler (to me at least)

Also, there will be a popup for adding interleaved channels and best effort channel scheduling.

Download Link

Mirror 1

Note: I haven't had much time to debug, I've been exceptionally busy. But, any input is greatly appreciated and I will attempt to resolve any issues that arise asap.

I also plan on making/uploading a video of the software in action sometime later today (hopefully).

Update 1.01:

-Added MySQL support (for only the default port)
-Added feature that puts a red background on shows that are listed not to be shown on specific PseudoTV Channels if they're added to the "do not show" list. In addition there's the ability to right click on a specific show to add it to the "do not show" list.

Update 1.02:

-Added support for alternate MySQL ports
-Fixed bugs when adding a channel with no value/cancelling it entirely.
-Increased 200 channel limit to 999
-Added movie support for genres and movie studios

RE: [Released] PseudoTV Manager - an easier way to configure PseudoTV channels and more. - betobma3 - 2012-07-16

this look awesome!

RE: [Released] PseudoTV Manager - an easier way to configure PseudoTV channels and more. - MaxMustermann - 2012-07-16

Thanks for this tool, great idea. I get a dependency error for System.Data.SQLite, Version=1.0.66.0. Can you put the necessary dll(s) into your package?

RE: [Released] PseudoTV Manager - an easier way to configure PseudoTV channels and more. - Messiadbunny - 2012-07-16

Ah crap, can't believe I forgot the dll with that. I re-upped it with the SQLite DLL and should fix your problems. Sorry about that.

RE: [Released] PseudoTV Manager - an easier way to configure PseudoTV channels and more. - MaxMustermann - 2012-07-16

I see that you have edited your release post but the link still points to the same package.

RE: [Released] PseudoTV Manager - an easier way to configure PseudoTV channels and more. - Messiadbunny - 2012-07-16

No idea how it grabbed the wrong zip file. Fixed x2. Should now have the DLL for you.

RE: [Released] PseudoTV Manager - an easier way to configure PseudoTV channels and more. - Ryoga79 - 2012-07-17

Probably a "too early" question given this is a first release, but are there any plans to make this work with those of us on mysql databaes for shared installations? I'd love to use the tool, but unless there's something i'm missing, it looks like with my setup at the moment i can't use it...

RE: [Released] PseudoTV Manager - an easier way to configure PseudoTV channels and more. - Messiadbunny - 2012-07-17

I do plan on implementing it in the near-future. Since I currently don't have XBMC setup that way I had no way to code the program to do so. But, once I get some time to fiddle with a MySQL setup I will add that functionality. I assume the structure of the database is roughly the same (or identical) so it's just a matter of swapping SQLite to MySQL.

RE: [Released] PseudoTV Manager - an easier way to configure PseudoTV channels and more. - Ryoga79 - 2012-07-17

Awesome. Let me know if you need a guinea pig...i've been running a stable MySQL setup for a while now.

RE: [Released] PseudoTV Manager - an easier way to configure PseudoTV channels and more. - MaxMustermann - 2012-07-17

(2012-07-16, 22:40)Messiadbunny Wrote: No idea how it grabbed the wrong zip file. Fixed x2. Should now have the DLL for you.

Thank you. Working great now Smile

RE: [Released] PseudoTV Manager - an easier way to configure PseudoTV channels and more. - thrak76 - 2012-07-18

I'm finding this program very useful. Thank you so much!

I have a couple notes though... Just some things I noticed while using the program.

1. It would be nice if the TVshow list remembered its position after saving/updating a show, instead of jumping to the top of the list.
2. When the Genre window is opened up for adding genres, unless you close that window, you're unable to interact with the main window. It would be nice if you were able to leave the genre window open and click through your shows at the same time

RE: [Released] PseudoTV Manager - an easier way to configure PseudoTV channels and more. - NLinders - 2012-07-21

This is just what I needed, unfortunately I also have it setup with mysql, if you need any help just let me know, I am also a .net developer. Keep up the great work.

RE: [Released] PseudoTV Manager - an easier way to configure PseudoTV channels and more. - fl0PPsy - 2012-07-21

Yes something like this that for SQL database users would be great but it looks like a great app none the less.

RE: [Released] PseudoTV Manager - an easier way to configure PseudoTV channels and more. - Rastan - 2012-07-24

Thanks for sharing your hard work Messiadbunny. I can't wait to try it! Big Grin

RE: [Released] PseudoTV Manager - an easier way to configure PseudoTV channels and more. - akuiraz - 2012-07-24

If you are currently unable to work on this, is there any chance you could possibly make this an opensource application (on GitHub/Google Code) so that we can get some MySQL database support?