Kodi Community Forum
Win XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Win XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more (/showthread.php?tid=136798)

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2012-08-28

Are you using xbmclauncher in shell mode? I think In this case CCC is not loaded, but graphics drivers will work. You can check whether ccc is loaded from the task manager.

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - redglory - 2012-08-28

(2012-08-27, 21:43)cable_guy Wrote: Hi all,

I am a long time XBMC user, but am new to using it on Windows. I use Windows Server 2008 R2, and wondered if it was possible to install this program to get XBMC to start up on boot, and allow me to log in to the machine via RDP as another user at the same time, so the application never loses focus?

thanks Smile
Hey, just use this to install patch.

I've created another user with Administration privileges to Remote Desktop without losing focus of XBMC app.

For instance, user XBMC launches XBMC with this thread app and Admin user for maintenance through remote desktop access.

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - Skank - 2012-08-28

(2012-08-28, 15:03)baijuxavior Wrote: Are you using xbmclauncher in shell mode? I think In this case CCC is not loaded, but graphics drivers will work. You can check whether ccc is loaded from the task manager.

yes shell mode

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - cable_guy - 2012-08-29

(2012-08-28, 16:00)redglory Wrote:
(2012-08-27, 21:43)cable_guy Wrote: Hi all,

I am a long time XBMC user, but am new to using it on Windows. I use Windows Server 2008 R2, and wondered if it was possible to install this program to get XBMC to start up on boot, and allow me to log in to the machine via RDP as another user at the same time, so the application never loses focus?

thanks Smile
Hey, just use this to install patch.

I've created another user with Administration privileges to Remote Desktop without losing focus of XBMC app.

For instance, user XBMC launches XBMC with this thread app and Admin user for maintenance through remote desktop access.

Oo! thanks v much for the link! I assume the patch allows a RDP session at the same time as a console session, which is just what I needed Big Grin

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - jordandk - 2012-08-30

(2012-08-26, 23:24)Livin Wrote: I recommend installing UltraVNC and using one of several free Android apps that use the vnc connection to provide the mouse and keyboard controls you want. I use apps remoteVnC and valence.

Will they work as a service?

Because that's the problem with Unified Remote, the server can't start without explorer.exe if I'm using XBMC as a shell, otherwise UR is working flawless for browsing web etc.

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - Clutchless - 2012-08-30

Same issue with Unified Remote as well here.

Re: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - redglory - 2012-08-30

No problem. B-)

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - iamjustme - 2012-08-31

I also noticed flickering on my screen with an AMD graphics card due to CCC not starting automatically..would it be possible to implement CCC into xbmc launcher autostart?

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2012-08-31

^^. You can use the xbmconimon path or imon path to select CCC. Or edit the XBMCLauncher.ahk file to add a run command for CCC.

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - iamjustme - 2012-08-31

It would be so convenient for AMD users to add an option to enable CCC during start-up for the next version..just a suggestion..

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2012-09-01

Let me check it. For now you can edit the ahk file to add run, C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\CLIStart.exe

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - iamjustme - 2012-09-01

you were right.. i selected "C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\CLIStart.exe" for both xbmcoimon and imon and it work flawlessly. thanks a bunch..can you add this to the next version? it would be very helpful

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - Skank - 2012-09-01

(2012-09-01, 07:09)baijuxavior Wrote: Let me check it. For now you can edit the ahk file to add run, C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\CLIStart.exe

Oh great, ill see if that helps

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - iamjustme - 2012-09-01

where exactly do i place " C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\CLIStart.exe" on the xbmclauncer.ahk?

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2012-09-01

You can put the run command at any position. ahk runs the script in the order it is written. I have commented out a section at line number 160 for launch application like:

; >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> LAUNCH APPLICATIONS <<<<<<

You can put the run command under this line, though it is not mandatory.

Can somebody with Win 64 specify the path to CCC so that I can add it to the code?