Kodi Community Forum
Win XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Win XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more (/showthread.php?tid=136798)

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - Cthugha - 2012-10-06

Great tool Smile

Is there a way to remove the start delay when launching XBMC in Windows 8? I don't want the start screen to show up at all but now it's displayed for ~5 sec before XBMC is launched.

The start delay is default 0 sec. I've changed focus delay to 1 sec. And I've tested moving XBMCLauncher from startup folder to Task Scheduler.

I don't want to replace the shell since I find it useful to be able to jump out to Windows 8 start screen (and back to XBMC) using only the WIN key.

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2012-10-07

Try by setting the start delay to 1 second.

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - nezz621 - 2012-10-07

Can anyone give advice on how to start up XBMC using the mce remote with Windows 8 release preview? I'm not as concerned with running XBMC when the HTPC first turns on, i just want to be able to press the power button on my remote and have XBMC pop up.

this used to work in all my windows 7 set ups, but for some reason in windows 8 it is unresponsive, and when i click on the xbmc icon, and alt+tab out of it, XBMC just pops back up on my screen and i cant use other programs unless i shut down xbmc.

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - Cthugha - 2012-10-07

(2012-10-07, 05:37)baijuxavior Wrote: Try by setting the start delay to 1 second.

So a value of 0 doesn't mean instant? Any way to make it faster/instant?

I also noticed the mouse pointer being visible inside XBMC when launched this way (didn't get that before I installed XBMC Launcher). Can that be fixed?

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - gman3042 - 2012-10-07

is this an program to keep away the dreaded 'mouse arrow' that pops up at random times? and i basically have to minimize xbmc. click somewhere else. and then reopen xbmc to rid of the arrow?

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2012-10-08

(2012-10-07, 22:49)Cthugha Wrote:
(2012-10-07, 05:37)baijuxavior Wrote: Try by setting the start delay to 1 second.

I also noticed the mouse pointer being visible inside XBMC when launched this way (didn't get that before I installed XBMC Launcher). Can that be fixed?

Delay of 0 seconds should also work.

(2012-10-07, 23:05)gman3042 Wrote: is this an program to keep away the dreaded 'mouse arrow' that pops up at random times? and i basically have to minimize xbmc. click somewhere else. and then reopen xbmc to rid of the arrow?

I'm not sure about mouse arrow popping up randomly. This app will keep the application in focus so you don't have to click somewhere else to bring the application to get focus.

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - T800 - 2012-10-08

The focus does not work on my main HTPC. Is there anything I can do to find out why it doesn't work. I works fine on all other PC's I've put it on.

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - Cthugha - 2012-10-08

(2012-10-08, 07:00)baijuxavior Wrote:
(2012-10-07, 22:49)Cthugha Wrote:

Delay of 0 seconds should also work.

(2012-10-07, 23:05)gman3042 Wrote: is this an program to keep away the dreaded 'mouse arrow' that pops up at random times? and i basically have to minimize xbmc. click somewhere else. and then reopen xbmc to rid of the arrow?

I'm not sure about mouse arrow popping up randomly. This app will keep the application in focus so you don't have to click somewhere else to bring the application to get focus.

The default is 0 start delay, but it still takes ~5 sec before it launches XBMC (and no, it's XBMC itself that takes 5 sec to start). Any ideas? Have you tested it in Windows 8?

Probably same mouse pointer issue as me. XBMC got focus but the pointer is still there (and very annoying).

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2012-10-08

This delay is xbmc related and I can't do anything about that. In xbmc settings, there is option to disable mouse. Please check whether it is disabled.

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - moothead2 - 2012-10-09

Hi,

When I launch XBMC Launcher as a shell I can't use my 360 controller until I click with my mouse anywhere on the XBMC home screen. Can anyone help with this?

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - gibxxi - 2012-10-09

(2012-10-08, 17:08)baijuxavior Wrote: This delay is xbmc related and I can't do anything about that. In xbmc settings, there is option to disable mouse. Please check whether it is disabled.

...And the delay will be considerably longer if your using a remote MySQL database as part of your setup. The XBMC logo is shown while the nessecary files to launch the app are loaded from the hard disk (or from the remote host). So in addition to the database startup, if you use a complex skin, this will also lengthen the delay. Get used to it.

Mine running a MySQL DB on my NAS (Over a Wireless N150 connection) and Aeon MQ4 can take anywhere from 5 - 10 seconds from launch to XBMC logo, to home screen.

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - Cthugha - 2012-10-10

(2012-10-09, 11:04)gibxxi Wrote:
(2012-10-08, 17:08)baijuxavior Wrote: This delay is xbmc related and I can't do anything about that. In xbmc settings, there is option to disable mouse. Please check whether it is disabled.

...And the delay will be considerably longer if your using a remote MySQL database as part of your setup. The XBMC logo is shown while the nessecary files to launch the app are loaded from the hard disk (or from the remote host). So in addition to the database startup, if you use a complex skin, this will also lengthen the delay. Get used to it.

Mine running a MySQL DB on my NAS (Over a Wireless N150 connection) and Aeon MQ4 can take anywhere from 5 - 10 seconds from launch to XBMC logo, to home screen.

I don't think it xbmc related. It's not showing the black xbmc screen until after those ~5 secs. When I start xbmc manually the black xbmc screen is shown immediately and it only takes 2-3 secs until it's fully loaded. Newly reinstalled machine with SSD, Windows 8 Pro x64 and xbmc 12 alpha 6. Local DB and default Confluence skin.

Mouse disabled in settings but still shows up when launched via XBMC Launcher. (edit: it doesn't look or act like the mouse cursor you normally get in xbmc, it's most likely the Windows mouse cursor...)

Have you ever tested it on Windows 8?

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - embedded - 2012-10-11

I've been using this for a while and I really like this thing.

I noticed that restart from XBMC hangs my HTPC so I create a shortcut for restarting Win7 and assigned hotkey for it ctrl + alt +1

My question is: Does xbmclauncher mapped ctrl + alt combination?

10x

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2012-10-11

No. Ctrl+Alt key combination is not used in the application. You can map any key combination in the xbmclauncher,ahk code and compile to make .exe. Add the key code at the end of the source code.

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - embedded - 2012-10-11

(2012-10-11, 15:13)baijuxavior Wrote: No. Ctrl+Alt key combination is not used in the application. You can map any key combination in the xbmclauncher,ahk code and compile to make .exe. Add the key code at the end of the source code.

Thanks, I think I just use a combination xbmclauncher already configured.

Would it work if I create a shortcut to restart with hotkey: "1" and by pressing "1" the shortcut will be activated?