Kodi Community Forum
Win XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Win XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more (/showthread.php?tid=136798)

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - tutu - 2012-12-10

How do I run programs at startup when I replace the shell? I have a bat file that runs on windows 8 startup that undvervolts my cpu. Edit found in thread

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - tutu - 2012-12-10

(2012-09-27, 11:24)baijuxavior Wrote: If you want to edit the source code then download it from the same download link, extract using winrar. Install autohtkey. Rightclick xbmclauncher.ahk file and edit. The command to run an application is run Program file address. Example run cTonguerogram files\xbmc\xbmc.exe.

Is there any chance you could add the option to the launcher to run external bat file on shell mode boot to this great program? Edit: Qoute - You can use the xbmconimon path and imon path to select the applications you want to autostart. Or edit the xbmclauncher.ahk file to include a run command at the beginning. Example run c:\program files\xxx\yyy.exe

That should do it? But what are xbmconimon and imon? Edit: It works.. unsightly command prompt pops up but better than nothing!! Smile

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2012-12-11

^^ You can hide the bat file window. Edit the ahk script file and add the command in the format 'run path to bat file, ,hide' without the quotes.
Eg: run C:\test.bat, ,hide

You can also run the commands from inside autohotkey without using bat files. http://www.autohotkey.com/board/topic/66039-solved-run-batch-file-within-ahk/

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - tutu - 2012-12-15

I updated to RC-1 (by installing over beta 3) - now I have a blank screen!

Had to do a system restore, back to b3 and it works again. Uninstalled XBMC Launcher, XBMC, then installed RC-1 + Launcher in shell mode, works again

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - pcgirl - 2012-12-15

When I start my PC I am prompted for a password. Will this get past this screen to start XBMC? I have to use a password because I logon to the system remotely.

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - Philmatic - 2012-12-15

I would love to see a "Start the Start Screen when XBMC is closed" or something similar. I run Windows 8 on all my HTPCs and this is one feature that I would love. I can launch XBMC through the Start Screen (Metro) interface perfectly fine, but when I quit XBMC, it stays on the desktop.

All the feature would need to do essentially is send the Window Key to Windows, that would launch the Start Menu launcher.

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2012-12-16

(2012-12-15, 18:44)pcgirl Wrote: When I start my PC I am prompted for a password. Will this get past this screen to start XBMC? I have to use a password because I logon to the system remotely.

I think you will still be prompted for password if you use the same user account.

(2012-12-15, 19:27)Philmatic Wrote: I would love to see a "Start the Start Screen when XBMC is closed" or something similar. I run Windows 8 on all my HTPCs and this is one feature that I would love. I can launch XBMC through the Start Screen (Metro) interface perfectly fine, but when I quit XBMC, it stays on the desktop.

All the feature would need to do essentially is send the Window Key to Windows, that would launch the Start Menu launcher.

I don't have Win8, but the following code may work:

Code:
Loop
{
sleep 1000 ; delay one second
Process, Exist, xbmc.exe ; check to see if xbmc.exe is running
If (ErrorLevel = 0) ;if xbmc not running
Process, Exist, explorer.exe ; check to see if explorer.exe is running
If (ErrorLevel = 0)
run explorer.exe
}

In the above code replace explorer.exe with the exe name of Start Menu launcher.

You could also use send key command to send Win key.

Code:
Loop
{
sleep 1000 ; delay one second
If (ErrorLevel = 0) ;if xbmc not running
If (ErrorLevel = 0)
send {LWIN}
}

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - pcgirl - 2012-12-16

Is there anything that will automatically logon to windows and start XBMC?

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - Arsenius - 2012-12-16

Hello Guys,

Awersome script\program.
I have 1 problem im running win8 (64bit) and when i use the "start windows explorer when XBMC is closed" feature.
That is that instead of running the windows interface it opens up a "file explorer" window.

I had the same issue when i used XBMC.
I then used the XBMC plugin "adv.launcer" to run a bat file saying to run explorer.exe twice.
This would then start the windows interface.

I tried to change the sourcode with the same trick but then it got into a loop where it kept launcher "file explorers" windows.
anyone got a idea how to solve this problem?

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - skydancer - 2012-12-16

Hi, Thank you for a great software
I do have one question: How can use the remap keys function and still be able to use the More / Info button when I'm on TMT 5 external player?

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2012-12-17

(2012-12-16, 17:01)pcgirl Wrote: Is there anything that will automatically logon to windows and start XBMC?

You can enable autologin for the user account and xbmc will start without entering password. http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/377-log-automatically-startup.html

(2012-12-16, 19:39)Arsenius Wrote: Hello Guys,

Awersome script\program.
I have 1 problem im running win8 (64bit) and when i use the "start windows explorer when XBMC is closed" feature.
That is that instead of running the windows interface it opens up a "file explorer" window.

I had the same issue when i used XBMC.
I then used the XBMC plugin "adv.launcer" to run a bat file saying to run explorer.exe twice.
This would then start the windows interface.

I tried to change the sourcode with the same trick but then it got into a loop where it kept launcher "file explorers" windows.
anyone got a idea how to solve this problem?

I think in 64 bit systems you need to specify the complete path to explorer.exe in the run command. Let me check the code again to know where to edit the script.

(2012-12-16, 20:43)skydancer Wrote: Hi, Thank you for a great software
I do have one question: How can use the remap keys function and still be able to use the More / Info button when I'm on TMT 5 external player?

The mce remote registry uses 'Ctrl+D' to show info in XBMC. If TMT5 uses this key then it will work straight away. If not edit the script to capture 'Ctrl+D' and to send the keyboard shortcut correspondint to TMT5 info button.

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - pcgirl - 2012-12-17

Thanks for the tip, I will check it out.

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - harSon - 2012-12-18

(2012-12-17, 06:50)baijuxavior Wrote: I think in 64 bit systems you need to specify the complete path to explorer.exe in the run command. Let me check the code again to know where to edit the script.

Hey,

Did you figure out where to make the edits? I'm having the same issue where launching the explorer.exe shell simply opens up a file explorer window.

Thanks!

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2012-12-18

I don't have Windows 8. Edit the following code to run the explorer.exe file twice as :

Code:
StartExplorer()
{
    ShutdownButtonClicked := GetSettings("ShutdownButtonClicked", 0)
    if (StartExplorer = 1 and Suspending = 0 and ShutdownButtonClicked = 0) ;if not suspending
    {
        If (ErrorLevel = 0) ;if not running

If (ErrorLevel = 0)
        Run,  %A_WinDir%\Explorer.exe, %A_WinDir%
        Run,  %A_WinDir%\Explorer.exe, %A_WinDir%
    }

}

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - Arsenius - 2012-12-18

Hi baijuxavoir. Your code worked !
It only needed 1 "Run, %A_WinDir%\Explorer.exe, %A_WinDir%" seems like either win8 or 64bit need's the full path!