Kodi Community Forum
Win XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Win XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more (/showthread.php?tid=136798)

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2012-12-24

Correction - Read 'Specify Path To Player' as PlayerName.exe as in KMPlayer.exe

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - nonob - 2012-12-26

Quote: i already can adjust system volume with both my remote and my keyboard.
By using this code, will xbmc display its volume OSD ?
but its volume will be changed too, isn't it ?
I would like xbmc volume stay at max volume but display osd when i change system volume.

Thanks

Quote:No. It won't display volume OSD. I don't think it is possible.

xbmc volume stay at max volume but display osd when i change system volume

Sad, thanks for your reply

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2012-12-26

Program updated to Version 3.0 with improved support for Windows 8. See Page 1 for details and downloads. Please post your impressions, suggestions and report bugs.

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - Hipperd - 2012-12-31

Nice program. I use it on both my htpc's.
Wen I Choose xbmclauncher als shell my htpc go's al the way to my desktop and then xbmc?
Is there something i'm doing wrong?
( sorry for my crappy english )

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2012-12-31

Which OS are you using?
Please check the menu (Win+F10) and see if 'XBMCLauncher' is selected as the shell.

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - Hipperd - 2012-12-31

I use Windows 7 64bit and xbmc Launcher is set as Shell?

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2013-01-01

Also check if 'Start XBMC when Windows starts' is enabled. Restart the PC.

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - acejh1987 - 2013-01-01

Great work on Version 3.0.
Thanks for adding extra external player paths.

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - quenting - 2013-01-02

Thanks for this very useful program.
Two questions :

1) about the new version :
"2.Option to start up to three applications and to disable focus if needed."
-> So, if I check "prevent focus", the normal behaviour is these other applications will be started but XBMC will keep the focus, correct ?

2) I have a problem with CD/DVD player (under win8) : if I use XBMCLauncher as a shell, the CD player is not found. That is, despite checking "autoplay" options for CD/DVD a newly inserted disc will not start playing, and the drive doesn't appear when browsing files. Things work fine if I use XBMC Launcher with explorer as shell. Any idea why I get this problem ?

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2013-01-02

1. If you check 'prevent focus' under the three apps, xbmclauncher will pause sending focus command to XBMC and the apps can take focus. I haven't added individual settings for these three apps. If any one is running, xbmclauncher will stop sending focus signal to xbmc.

2. Let me check in my Win8 system.

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - SniperZoz - 2013-01-02

Hi ... first off thank you for this great application! Sorted out a lot of issues on my new HTPC Smile

Just a couple of questions?

1. when i send MCE power-toggle via IR (using harmony one with wesena usb internal ir) xbmc asks me what I want to do, shutdown, exit, etc ... i then have to press OK for it to actually shutdown (hibernate in my case) ... can this be configured to just shutdown/hibernate immediately?

2. i haven't tried it yet with xbmc as a shell replacment so maybe this will sort it out ... but in normal mode xbmc waits about 5 seconds before starting automatically after a cold boot ... is this normal? Running Windows 8 here.

Cheers!

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - Hipperd - 2013-01-03

(2013-01-01, 11:47)baijuxavior Wrote: Also check if 'Start XBMC when Windows starts' is enabled. Restart the PC.

Thanks, that was the problem.

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - mutantkid - 2013-01-03

thanks for the program but in the end i can"t make it work
i desinstalled xbmc.exe because there was no focus on it

then having installed your program when windows launches xbmc doesn"t launches (i checked launches the program when windows start on the menu)

i checked everywhere everything is fine but it doesn"t launches
even when i go to program files x86 and click on xbmclauncher.exe it doesn't launches itself

i'm a bit confused here

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2013-01-03

(2013-01-02, 23:58)SniperZoz Wrote: Hi ... first off thank you for this great application! Sorted out a lot of issues on my new HTPC Smile

Just a couple of questions?

1. when i send MCE power-toggle via IR (using harmony one with wesena usb internal ir) xbmc asks me what I want to do, shutdown, exit, etc ... i then have to press OK for it to actually shutdown (hibernate in my case) ... can this be configured to just shutdown/hibernate immediately?

2. i haven't tried it yet with xbmc as a shell replacment so maybe this will sort it out ... but in normal mode xbmc waits about 5 seconds before starting automatically after a cold boot ... is this normal? Running Windows 8 here.

Cheers!

The remote sends the key 'S' to xbmc to show the shutdown menu. In XBMC keyboard.xml file, you can try replacing the code to <s>XBMC.Suspend()</s> . Also read this thread - http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=149476

(2013-01-03, 11:35)mutantkid Wrote: thanks for the program but in the end i can"t make it work
i desinstalled xbmc.exe because there was no focus on it

then having installed your program when windows launches xbmc doesn"t launches (i checked launches the program when windows start on the menu)

i checked everywhere everything is fine but it doesn"t launches
even when i go to program files x86 and click on xbmclauncher.exe it doesn't launches itself

i'm a bit confused here

You said you deinstalled XBMC. Did you forget to install it again?
Uninstall XBMCLauncher and install it again. When the program is launched upon completion of installation, XBMC should start.

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - mutantkid - 2013-01-03

thanks for the reply
i said i unisntalled xbmc the simple xbmc not your program xbmc launcher

anyway i installed xbmc launcher and uninstalled it then reinstall still no view of xbmc launcher
maybe i didn't have to check all the boxes when installing xbmc launcher i'll try without checking them
i don't think it'll do anything