Kodi Community Forum
Win XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Win XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more (/showthread.php?tid=136798)

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2013-01-03

You want to see XBMCLauncher settings window? It is just a menu and the icon can usually be found under notification area near the volume icon on taskbar. Or press Win+f10 to see the menu.

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - h8redv2 - 2013-01-03

Hi baijuxavior

How come the powerbutton is remapped to send "s" ?
can it be reverted to standard "suspend" action to let the pc sleep.
In registry perhaps ?

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - Clutchless - 2013-01-03

Just updated to version 3.0 from 2.2.
Thanks for the great updates, I'm able to run Unified Remote and VNC while in the XBMC shell.

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2013-01-03

(2013-01-03, 16:14)h8redv2 Wrote: Hi baijuxavior

How come the powerbutton is remapped to send "s" ?
can it be reverted to standard "suspend" action to let the pc sleep.
In registry perhaps ?

The power button is remapped to send 'S' if you installed the MCE remote registry code option and keyboard.xml included in the xbmclauncher installer. Just uninstall and then reinstall without selecting this options.

Before uninstalling, test if the power button suspends your system after manually closing xbmclauncher.

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - jordandk - 2013-01-03

(2013-01-03, 16:21)Clutchless Wrote: Just updated to version 3.0 from 2.2.
Thanks for the great updates, I'm able to run Unified Remote and VNC while in the XBMC shell.

Please tell me how? It's the best thing I have heard. Big Grin I get an error with unfied remote atm.

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - Clutchless - 2013-01-03

(2013-01-03, 20:10)jordandk Wrote:
(2013-01-03, 16:21)Clutchless Wrote: Just updated to version 3.0 from 2.2.

Please tell me how? It's the best thing I have heard. Big Grin I get an error with unfied remote atm.

I right clicked on XBMC Launcher try icon and selected "Select Application * - *" and navigated tot he path of unified remote.
Also have to check "Start applications with XMBC Launcher".

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - jordandk - 2013-01-04

Thanks I will try it right away.

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - quenting - 2013-01-04

(2013-01-02, 17:48)baijuxavior Wrote: 1. If you check 'prevent focus' under the three apps, xbmclauncher will pause sending focus command to XBMC and the apps can take focus. I haven't added individual settings for these three apps. If any one is running, xbmclauncher will stop sending focus signal to xbmc.

2. Let me check in my Win8 system.

1. Thanks for the clarification

2. I installed 3.0 yesterday and can confirm the behaviour.
With XBMC as shell, when I go in the built in file browser (via remote or in native XBMC) I cannot see the optical drive. If I exit XBMC to explorer, the drive is there, and if I start XBMC again after that, this time the drive is there too. Any idea how to troubleshoot ?

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - Snood - 2013-01-04

I am working on a test setup for my media centre. I'm just using a virtual machine for now until I get the go-ahead from the other half to buy the hardware. I'm still undecided as to whether i will use windows 7 or 8. One thing I am certain about is that I will be using XBMC Launcher. I started playing with the settings a couple of days ago. What i'd really like to be able to do is use XBMC Launcher as shell then run explorer in the background after XBMC so that I can switch to windows immediately, or directly launch a browser using winkey+number etc...

I have put explorer into application1 and have the following options enabled:

Start XBMC when windows starts
Start XBMC when windows resumes from sleep
Start applications with XBMC launcher

Unfortunately the behaviour isn't quite what i'd really like and to be honest I don't know if what I want it currently or ever possible. When windows boots it loads XBMC, Great start! mext explorer loads, but not in the background, I Get the start screen (windows 8) and after a short while it returns to XBMC. If I then open chrome (winkey+3, it's the third item pinned to my taskbar) it briefly loads and then XBMC regains focus.

I tried to solve this by enabling "check focus only once", it works but when I exit chrome, XBMC is visible but so is the windows taskbar overlaid.

So there's a couple of issues for me:

1) if i put explorer.exe as an application to load, I can't get it to load completely hidden

2) I can't seem to get a satisfactory behaviour with other launched programs and successfully returning to XBMC without the windows taskbar overlaid. Perhaps it might be possible to add exclusions to XBMC having focus, if for example, chrome is running, don't retake focus but if it isn't, give xbmc focus. might it be possible to do this with the start menu also?

Any advice or comments would be welcomed, for all I know this can already be achieved and I'm being a retard.

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2013-01-05

1. XBMCLauncher sends a 'bring to front' message to the xbmc window at a regular interval. Putting time delay as 1 second may help, but even then you will see the explorer window for a fraction of seconds.

2. Option to disable xbmc focus is provided. Add chrome as an app, and check the option 'prevent focus'. Uncheck start with 'xbmclauncher' to avoid chrome starting automatically.

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - anarchoi - 2013-01-05

Any way to make it go back to Windows 8 home screen instead of desktop when exiting XBMC ?

Thanks

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2013-01-05

^^ It may be possible by sending the Winkey when xbmc exits.

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - SniperZoz - 2013-01-06

(2013-01-03, 12:20)baijuxavior Wrote:
(2013-01-02, 23:58)SniperZoz Wrote: Hi ... first off thank you for this great application! Sorted out a lot of issues on my new HTPC Smile

Just a couple of questions?

1. when i send MCE power-toggle via IR (using harmony one with wesena usb internal ir) xbmc asks me what I want to do, shutdown, exit, etc ... i then have to press OK for it to actually shutdown (hibernate in my case) ... can this be configured to just shutdown/hibernate immediately?

2. i haven't tried it yet with xbmc as a shell replacment so maybe this will sort it out ... but in normal mode xbmc waits about 5 seconds before starting automatically after a cold boot ... is this normal? Running Windows 8 here.

Cheers!

The remote sends the key 'S' to xbmc to show the shutdown menu. In XBMC keyboard.xml file, you can try replacing the code to <s>XBMC.Suspend()</s> . Also read this thread - http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=149476

Great ... i added an over-ride for <s> to run XBMC.Shutdown() and it did the trick.

As an optimization of this - is it possible to get the remote to send '$' (or some other non common char.) rather than 's' on power ... as this would mean I could still hit s by mistake on the keyboard but not have the HTPC shutdown (I guess I want to have the cake and eat it!)?

Cheers!

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - Snood - 2013-01-06

(2013-01-05, 10:20)baijuxavior Wrote: 1. XBMCLauncher sends a 'bring to front' message to the xbmc window at a regular interval. Putting time delay as 1 second may help, but even then you will see the explorer window for a fraction of seconds.
Thanks, I thought that would be the case.

(2013-01-05, 10:20)baijuxavior Wrote: 2. Option to disable xbmc focus is provided. Add chrome as an app, and check the option 'prevent focus'. Uncheck start with 'xbmclauncher' to avoid chrome starting automatically.

I had a look at this and found that if I uncheck start with XBMC Launcher then explorer will not launch, of course. I decided to grab the source code and make my own tweaks so that it will do it the way I want. I have added a second application group, it has the same options as the first group but each group's options remain independent from each other. It means that I can put explorer.exe into group one and have that not prevent XBMC focus and I can put chrome or spotify in group two and have those prevent focus. Here's a screen shot of the additions I've made. keeping all options from the original applications part in the second part keeps things flexible.

(2013-01-05, 10:47)anarchoi Wrote: Any way to make it go back to Windows 8 home screen instead of desktop when exiting XBMC ?

Thanks

I have implemented this in my modification. It will send a windows key press each time you exit XBMC provided you have explorer running already.

Out of respect to the developer I will not provide a full installer for my version, if you want it please compile it yourself from the source I will provide.

@ baijuxavior - Here is a link to my new XBMCLauncher.ahk. Please feel free to merge in anything you like to your next release. Code Link Here

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - anarchoi - 2013-01-06

(2013-01-05, 15:30)baijuxavior Wrote: ^^ It may be possible by sending the Winkey when xbmc exits.

and how can i do that ?