Kodi Community Forum
Win XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Win XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more (/showthread.php?tid=136798)

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2013-01-06

(2013-01-06, 01:00)SniperZoz Wrote: Great ... i added an over-ride for <s> to run XBMC.Shutdown() and it did the trick.
As an optimization of this - is it possible to get the remote to send '$' (or some other non common char.) rather than 's' on power ... as this would mean I could still hit s by mistake on the keyboard but not have the HTPC shutdown (I guess I want to have the cake and eat it!)?
Cheers!

You can configure the remote to send other key combinations using a tool like mceremotemapper.exe. I'm not sure if special characters can be send. Use a combination of modifier keys.

(2013-01-06, 01:36)Snood Wrote: I have implemented this in my modification. It will send a windows key press each time you exit XBMC provided you have explorer running already.

Out of respect to the developer I will not provide a full installer for my version, if you want it please compile it yourself from the source I will provide.

@ baijuxavior - Here is a link to my new XBMCLauncher.ahk. Please feel free to merge in anything you like to your next release. Code Link Here

Thanks 'Snood'. Others may find it useful and I will add the Win key option in next version. Another settings I intend to add is the option for starting xbmc in portable mode as many are requesting for the same.

(2013-01-06, 04:20)anarchoi Wrote:
(2013-01-05, 15:30)baijuxavior Wrote: ^^ It may be possible by sending the Winkey when xbmc exits.

and how can i do that ?

Just see the post by 'snood'. You can compile his script or wait until I release another version.

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - anarchoi - 2013-01-07

Well i don't know how to compile this script so it would be really nice to have a compiled version

Now i noticed i have another weird problem since i installed XBMC Launcher. Sometimes when i exit XBMC i get a black screen. I can only see the taskbar and XBMC still seems to be running but i can't close it. Nothing happens if i start the task manager. ALT+TAB isn't helping neither...
I don't know what's wrong

AW: RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - DanCooper - 2013-01-07

(2013-01-07, 07:43)anarchoi Wrote: Well i don't know how to compile this script so it would be really nice to have a compiled version

Now i noticed i have another weird problem since i installed XBMC Launcher. Sometimes when i exit XBMC i get a black screen. I can only see the taskbar and XBMC still seems to be running but i can't close it. Nothing happens if i start the task manager. ALT+TAB isn't helping neither...

With Eden or Frodo? Frodo has a timing bug. When you use the shutdown menu to close XBMC, you must wait ~1sec before click on the close button.

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - Snood - 2013-01-07

(2013-01-07, 07:43)anarchoi Wrote: Well i don't know how to compile this script so it would be really nice to have a compiled version

all the information you need is given in the first post as well as an even more clear readme.txt in the source code package which you can download using the download link at the beginning of post 1. all you need to do is use your editor of choice to replace the contents of XBMCLauncher.ahk with my modified code that i've provided.... compiling instructions are given in the readme.exe but to make it super clear for you, right click the file and choose compile.

As I said, I will not release any exe of my creation, It's not fair on the developer to have other versions of HIS software around the internet. He can't be expected to be responsible for my coding. He has already said that he will implement the start button feature in his next release. It may be my code or he may do it himself, that's his decision. This is why I will not provide an exe of my mods.

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - aaddie - 2013-01-08

(2013-01-05, 10:20)baijuxavior Wrote: 1. XBMCLauncher sends a 'bring to front' message to the xbmc window at a regular interval. Putting time delay as 1 second may help, but even then you will see the explorer window for a fraction of seconds.
Baijuxavior,

First of all, thanks for a very nice application.

Any chance of making this message optional in your next version? Or point me to the source code that disables this feature?

The configuration I'm currently experimenting with using is running Windows 8 with Frodo RC3 (not running XBMCLauncher as a shell). I have configured the WMC/Green button to toggle on/off the Metro UI to be able to select Metro apps at any time. However, this message will of course give focus back to XBMC which is undesirable in this case.

Once again thanks.

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - dieter.wunderer - 2013-01-08

From time to time there are situations where I'd need to restart XBMC (not the HTPC). Now I have to get up and fetch the keyboard to do this. It would be much more convenient if this were possible from within the application with the remote control. But the shutdown menu does not offer this possibility (neither original nor XBMCLauncher). So maybe this could be a handy feature for the next version of XBMCLauncher.

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2013-01-08

I will upload the new version soon. With regard to your problem about xbmc closing, please provide more information like which OS you are using, are you using xbmclauncher as shell. Sometimes when I close xbmc, it stays on for a minute or even more and I have to force close it. This I found only when my pc is connected to the internet. XBMCLauncher has nothing got do with the problem.

(2013-01-07, 19:04)Snood Wrote:

all the information you need is given in the first post as well as an even more clear readme.txt in the source code package which you can download using the download link at the beginning of post 1. all you need to do is use your editor of choice to replace the contents of XBMCLauncher.ahk with my modified code that i've provided.... compiling instructions are given in the readme.exe but to make it super clear for you, right click the file and choose compile.

As I said, I will not release any exe of my creation, It's not fair on the developer to have other versions of HIS software around the internet. He can't be expected to be responsible for my coding. He has already said that he will implement the start button feature in his next release. It may be my code or he may do it himself, that's his decision. This is why I will not provide an exe of my mods.

Hi Snood, I have edited the script to include your codes. I will soon post it. Meanwhile I found in my win8 32 bit pro system that the metro start is launched even without sending the Win key when I close xbmc with the option to start the explorer.

(2013-01-08, 00:48)aaddie Wrote:
(2013-01-05, 10:20)baijuxavior Wrote: 1. XBMCLauncher sends a 'bring to front' message to the xbmc window at a regular interval. Putting time delay as 1 second may help, but even then you will see the explorer window for a fraction of seconds.
Baijuxavior,

Any chance of making this message optional in your next version? Or point me to the source code that disables this feature?

The configuration I'm currently experimenting with using is running Windows 8 with Frodo RC3 (not running XBMCLauncher as a shell). I have configured the WMC/Green button to toggle on/off the Metro UI to be able to select Metro apps at any time. However, this message will of course give focus back to XBMC which is undesirable in this case.

Once again thanks.

There already is option to disable the focus. Select the option 'Check focus only once'.

(2013-01-08, 01:17)dieter.wunderer Wrote: From time to time there are situations where I'd need to restart XBMC (not the HTPC). Now I have to get up and fetch the keyboard to do this. It would be much more convenient if this were possible from within the application with the remote control. But the shutdown menu does not offer this possibility (neither original nor XBMCLauncher). So maybe this could be a handy feature for the next version of XBMCLauncher.

Restarting xbmc can be implemented with a custom shutdown menu like the one I have provided in the installer. But it will support only confluence skin. I will try to add this option in the new version.

What I do now is exit xbmc using remote control and then use the green mce button to start xbmc again.

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - dieter.wunderer - 2013-01-08

(2013-01-08, 07:53)baijuxavior Wrote:
(2013-01-08, 00:48)aaddie Wrote:
Baijuxavior,

Once again thanks.

There already is option to disable the focus. Select the option 'Check focus only once'.
If I understand that correctly, the answer to aaddie's problem is already implemented:
You can set the interval for time delay to '0' which actually disables this feature. At least this is my understanding according to the description (and I have set it to 0 as well).

(2013-01-08, 01:17)dieter.wunderer Wrote: From time to time there are situations where I'd need to restart XBMC (not the HTPC). Now I have to get up and fetch the keyboard to do this. It would be much more convenient if this were possible from within the application with the remote control. But the shutdown menu does not offer this possibility (neither original nor XBMCLauncher). So maybe this could be a handy feature for the next version of XBMCLauncher.

Restarting xbmc can be implemented with a custom shutdown menu like the one I have provided in the installer. But it will support only confluence skin. I will try to add this option in the new version.

What I do now is exit xbmc using remote control and then use the green mce button to start xbmc again.
That would be great Smile
I do not have this remote control... wait, I have the Harmony, which should be able to simulate it... mmh, thanks for the hint, I will try this.

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - Snood - 2013-01-09

(2013-01-07, 19:04)Snood Wrote:

Hi Snood, I have edited the script to include your codes. I will soon post it. Meanwhile I found in my win8 32 bit pro system that the metro start is launched even without sending the Win key when I close xbmc with the option to start the explorer.

That's great you're using my code Smile. With windows 8 it will not return to the metro start if explorer is already running when XBMC is closed (that is, if explorer is shell or if, like I am doing, explorer is launched by XBMC Launcher as an application). If you launch explorer on exit then it's not a problem (provided it's the first time you close XBMC per boot).

You will have noticed that my code prevents both "launch explorer on exit" and "send win key on exit" I thought that the two were mutually exclusive but I would actually now remove this as if someone runs the way you do with xbmc as shell and launch explorer on exit you get the following problem: if you re-launch xbmc then exit again it will not go to the windows metro start, it will go to the desktop. ..

my code for sending the win key checks for explorer running first anyway. (basically I'm recommending, if you haven't already done so, to remove "SetPressWinKey()" from SetStartExplorer() and vice versa to remove the exclusive toggling)

It would be possible to issue a windows force close command and re-launch but it's not a nice solution. It could be a "Force XBMC reboot" command issued by a keyboard shortcut which can then be mapped to a remote by the user.. it would work but I'm not sure it's a good feature to add.

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2013-01-10

Uploaded new version 3.1 with requested features. Thanks 'Snood' for the additional programming concepts.

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - Snood - 2013-01-11

Great to see you've used my code Smile. Thanks for the credit.

just a note about your first post. your latest addition says "Features added in XBMC Launcher V3.0" ....... should be 3.1 Smile

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2013-01-11

Thanks. Updated.

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - lysin - 2013-01-11

Just wanted to say thanks for this.

Just came across this after a fresh Windows 8 install and its freaking awesome.
Big Grin

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2013-01-11

Thanks for the encouraging words.

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - costi - 2013-01-12

Very nice app, thanks!

However, I have some problems with my remote (Microsoft MCE), after installing XBMClauncher with your keymap and registry mod:
1. the green button does not work anywhere
2. SMS-style input does not work, it only sends numbers; also, I cannot move the cursor on the on-screen keyboard
3. The remote doesn't work in TMT5 when it is used as an external player. What's funny is that it works fine when launched standalone.

Can you help?