Kodi Community Forum
Win XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Win XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more (/showthread.php?tid=136798)

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2013-01-21

^^ Thanks.

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - diverdiner - 2013-01-22

Thanks for this wonderful program. I have a question regarding NFS mount.
I am on win7 and XBMC Eden.
I use a batch to check and mount NFS on window startup.

When I switch to using xmclauncher as shell and ask it to run the batch, the batch complains that mount.exe is not recognize as a internal or external apps.
After I exit xbmc and starts explorer.exe, then the batch runs smoothly.

I am thinking mount.exe is dependant of explorer.exe?

Is there any way around this and getting mount.exe to work on xbmclauncher shell?

Thank for looking into this in advance.

Edit:
Oh never mind, I just asked it to run explorer.exe and the batch upon xbmclauncher start.

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - backbone10 - 2013-01-22

Hi @ all !

First i have to say thanks for the wonderful applications Smile

I have a question regarding startup of XBMC :
My HTPC (Win8, Frodo, HDMI connected Projector) is also used as an audio player (android remote) without projector turned on..

The audioplayer ist not bad in XBMC, but i would prefer to start an alternative player instead of XBMC when the projector is not turned on..
I really mean not to start XBMC if there is no monitor connected..

Can you pls give me a hint how to do that ??

Thx

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - e2zippo - 2013-01-22

(2013-01-22, 10:26)backbone10 Wrote: Hi @ all !

My HTPC (Win8, Frodo, HDMI connected Projector) is also used as an audio player (android remote) without projector turned on..

The audioplayer ist not bad in XBMC, but i would prefer to start an alternative player instead of XBMC when the projector is not turned on..

Thx

Since you are using android, "Remote Launcher" does exactly what you're asking for, I use it and it's great!

http://owtroid.com/remotelauncher/mediawiki/index.php?title=Remote_Launcher

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - backbone10 - 2013-01-22

Hi,
thanks for the tip, looks very good. i will try it tomorrow Smile

br

bb10

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - davelr - 2013-01-23

Thanks for what looks to be a great app.

I'm using Eden with MCERemote to configure a Harmony remote. Would you recommend resetting to Windows default and uninstalling MCERemote prior to trying Launcher?

Thanks again.

(edit - remove ? from first line. Sorry didn't notice the typo when posting.)

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - gibxxi - 2013-01-23

If i understand the way Baijuxavior has coded this correctly, and your Harmony Remote is "MCE compatible", and is running as such, you ought to be ok just installing this add-on. The setup routine does offer some custom registry hacks to enable XBMC startup via "The Green Button" as far as i'm aware. My MCE XP Remote has been retired in favour of a NYXboard, so can't be more conclusive on this point. But what this app does, it does well.

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2013-01-23

My suggestion is that you should not install the keyboard.xml and mce registry options. This way your current remote configuration will work as such and xbmclauncher won't affect it. The green button can be used to launch xbmc as this button sends Win+Alt+Enter signal.

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - bushidodragon76 - 2013-01-24

Huh Have to say that this is a great little program / script and has been a lifesaver baijuxavior.

I'm wondering if I'm or you can point me in the right direction so that I'm able to, instead of giving the program / script, a 'Set Application' with path to prevents XBMC from refocusing. I could somehow add a common process for it to watch for?

For example with 'Advanced Loader' if I relabel all my emulator .bat or .exe files to the same name (depending on file type) and than add that common file name / process to the 'Set Application' in an attempt to stop XBMC refocusing.

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - backbone10 - 2013-01-25

(2013-01-22, 14:08)e2zippo Wrote:
(2013-01-22, 10:26)backbone10 Wrote: Hi @ all !

Thx

Since you are using android, "Remote Launcher" does exactly what you're asking for, I use it and it's great!

http://owtroid.com/remotelauncher/mediawiki/index.php?title=Remote_Launcher

Hi,
that works perfectly for me, too.

many thanks !!

BR

bb10

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2013-01-25

(2013-01-24, 13:17)bushidodragon76 Wrote: Huh Have to say that this is a great little program / script and has been a lifesaver baijuxavior.

I'm wondering if I'm or you can point me in the right direction so that I'm able to, instead of giving the program / script, a 'Set Application' with path to prevents XBMC from refocusing. I could somehow add a common process for it to watch for?

For example with 'Advanced Loader' if I relabel all my emulator .bat or .exe files to the same name (depending on file type) and than add that common file name / process to the 'Set Application' in an attempt to stop XBMC refocusing.

The application looks for the process name to know if it is running. It does not check the path. So renaming bat and exe files to the same name may work if all they have the same process name.

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - El Bandit - 2013-01-27

Thanks for putting this app together, it's great.

I have one problem though: After quitting XBMC and going into the Start menu on Windows 8, selecting the Shut Down button will often restart XBMC instead. Does anyone know why this might be happening?

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2013-01-27

That is a weird problem. I will test it later in my Win 8 htpc and report.

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - El Bandit - 2013-01-27

Cool, thanks.

Could you help with something else? Whenever the computer wakes up from sleep, I'm always presented with the Windows welcome screen - when I click through it, XBMC appears with the taskbar at the bottom. Another click then focuses it, although it will focus itself if left alone.

I'm using the launcher shell and there is no password set on the user. Is there a way to skip straight to XBMC on wake up?

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2013-01-27

I think it is the lock screen that you are seeing when resuming from sleep. Read tip no 19 to disable it. http://www.techradar.com/news/software/operating-systems/50-windows-8-tips-tricks-and-secrets-1028220/3