Kodi Community Forum
Win XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Win XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more (/showthread.php?tid=136798)

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - andyd - 2013-02-09

Is it the exe that I edit? And then convert the ahk back to exe? New to this so want to make sure before I go ahead and mess with things

Thanks for the quick response!

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2013-02-09

Download the source code from the link given in the first page. Install autohotkey_l also provided in the first page. Then right click the xbmclauncher.ahk file in the source code and edit to open in notepad. Change the code and save. Then right click the file again and select the option compile. You will get an exe file which you can replace with the xbmclauncher.exe in the program folder.

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - andyd - 2013-02-09

Ok thanks for the steps. I'll give it a try

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - acejh1987 - 2013-02-10

I'm having a strange problem when using XBMCLauncher to start XBMC Eden on Windows 8.

Once XBMC is launched, when I insert a disc the 'Play Disc' menu option never appears and the disc never shows in XBMC file explorer.

If I turn off XBMCLauncher and manually start XBMC after boot the 'Play Disc' option shows everytime a disc is inserted and the disc shows in XBMC file explorer.

Any idea what might be causing this?

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2013-02-10

I think you are using xbmclauncher in shell mode. Many users have reported that dvd drive is not appearing when explorer is not running. This is not a problem of xbmc launcher, but a Windows or xbmc problem. What I have done is add explorer as an application to start with the launcher. This will start the metro start from which I can manually start xbmc using remote control.

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - acejh1987 - 2013-02-10

No, I am using standard explorer as the shell and then XBMCLauncher set to 'start XBMC when windows starts'

XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2013-02-11

Not sure what causes that. May be xbmc needs to be started directly. You can enable 'Play Disk' option to show always by editing the Home.xml file under 'C:\Program Files\XBMC\addons\skin.confluence\720p'. Open the xml file in notepad and find and replace the line <visible>System.HasMediaDVD</visible> to <visible>true</visible>. This will show the Play Disk menu visible all time. Click to see if it works.

XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - acejh1987 - 2013-02-11

(2013-02-11, 15:43)baijuxavior Wrote: Not sure what causes that. May be xbmc needs to be started directly. You can enable 'Play Disk' option to show always by editing the Home.xml file under 'C:\Program Files\XBMC\addons\skin.confluence\720p'. Open the xml file in notepad and find and replace the line <visible>System.HasMediaDVD</visible> to <visible>true</visible>. This will show the Play Disk menu visible all time. Click to see if it works.

Thanks baijuxavior, having the Play Disc option showing all the time solved the problem, its not an ideal solution as I won't know when the drive is actually ready, but it works fine.

I'm guessing this must be a problem somewhere in XBMC rather than Windows, what do you think?

Thanks for the help.

green start button remapping - Cassiel - 2013-02-12

Stupid question, but could anyone please tell me how to configure my RC6 MCE remote to send a tab key inside XBMC when pressing the green start button?

XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2013-02-13

Use mceremotemapper.exe and configure the green button to send 'Tab'. But if you want to send Tab key only inside xbmc then create an autohotkey script or edit the xbmclauncher.ahk script if you are already using it.

Code for a new script:

Code:
IfWinActive, ahk_class XBMC

#!Enter:: ; Win+Alt+Enter Green button shortcut key
send Tab
return

XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - cami - 2013-02-14

AMAZING! Thanks so much to the creator. This solved so many annoying issues iv been putting up with. It takes over from hibernate trigger and does even more! This program is fantastic and is a must have for all XBMC users.

RE: XBMC Launcher - Govnah - 2013-02-16

First off, Thank You got a great app! I am probably overlooking something simple, when I exit XBMC I have XBMC Launcher exit to the Windows 8 Metro UI and when I hit the Green Button on my remote XBMC launces but I have no focus. In order to regain focus I must select the desktop from the Metro UI and then I am am able to see XBMC. Is there a setting where I can relaunch XBMC from the Metro UI?

Thanks

XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2013-02-16

^^ What I have done is added xbmc to the metro ui and click it using remote control. I changed the code for my personal use to show metro ui by pressing the green button. The metro ui acts as a launch point for xbmc and tmt5. I even added codes so that both tmt5 and xbmc can be controlled by the same remote codes.For example when I press power button of remote which sends the key 's', xbmc will show the shutdown menu and tmt5 will exit. I will provide the script if any one wants.

XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - Mars - 2013-02-16

I might miss some setting, but although XBMC is starting at startup, the Windows 8 start screen stays on top.
I have to select the desktop to switch to XBMC.

So, did I forget something to check, or is this a bug?

XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2013-02-17

^^ I too face this problem. So I added xbmc to the metro ui and click it to bring xbmc on top. You can set xbmclauncehr as the shell and it will prevent explorer and metro ui from starting.