Kodi Community Forum
Win XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Win XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more (/showthread.php?tid=136798)

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Hetfiled - 2013-04-07

yes.. you are right

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Hetfiled - 2013-04-07

little help Smile

after updating at last version of xmbc launcher, I lost some personal keys on the remote (mce)

Live TV -- was --> Download subtitles
Green -- was --> Switch subtitles

now seems that both keys switching subs

how can i fix it ?

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2013-04-07

I think you selected the option to install mce registry during the installation. You can open the XBMCLauncher application folder from the app. There will be a backup registry file. Double click it to merge with the registry, then restart the PC. Another option is to uninstall xbmclauncher and reinstall and this time uncheck the option to install mce.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Hetfiled - 2013-04-08

(2013-04-07, 18:41)baijuxavior Wrote: I think you selected the option to install mce registry during the installation. You can open the XBMCLauncher application folder from the app. There will be a backup registry file. Double click it to merge with the registry, then restart the PC. Another option is to uninstall xbmclauncher and reinstall and this time uncheck the option to install mce.

I'm pretty sure that i don't have selected this option..
anyway i tried both methods you suggest without result

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2013-04-08

Use showkey.exe to findout what keypress these buttons are sending. If they are sending the same key, then mce code need to change. If they send different keys then check the keyboard.xml file and replace the commands accordingly.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2013-04-09

Recently, Avast shows the file backup.exe as a suspicious file. This is a false detection and those who have doubts can view the source code. This file is used to take backup of mce registry code.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Hetfiled - 2013-04-09

(2013-04-08, 19:28)baijuxavior Wrote: Use showkey.exe to findout what keypress these buttons are sending.

EDIT: solved
I don't why, but keymap file was missing

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - anarchoi - 2013-04-14

Is there a way to set XBMCLauncher to run XBMC as administrator ?

If XBMC isn't started as administrator i get an error from "XBMC Advanced Wake On LAN" addon because it needs admin rights for a specific feature.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2013-04-15

Option 1. Try running XBMCLauncher in administartor mode.

Option 2. Edit the XBMCLauncher.ahk file in source code and add a 'RunAs' option before the Run commands. http://www.autohotkey.com/docs/commands/RunAs.htm

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - anarchoi - 2013-04-15

1. XBMCLauncher autoruns with windows 8 so i don't think i can make it start automatically in administrator mode

2. i don't know how to edit the source code and recompilate it Sad is it possible to release a compiled version of XBMCLauncher with admin mode on ?

Thanks a lot

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2013-04-15

(2013-04-15, 11:01)anarchoi Wrote: 1. XBMCLauncher autoruns with windows 8 so i don't think i can make it start automatically in administrator mode

2. i don't know how to edit the source code and recompilate it Sad is it possible to release a compiled version of XBMCLauncher with admin mode on ?

Thanks a lot

Editing and compiling .ahk file is very easy. Download and install autohotkey_l from the link provided in the first page. Download the source code and extract using winrar. Open the xbmclauncher.ahk file in notepad. Notepad++ is recommended. Change the code

Code:
LaunchApplication(AppPath) ; function to start applications
{
SplitPath, AppPath, FileName ;get filename without path
Process, Exist, %FileName% ; check to see if 'FileName' is running
If (ErrorLevel = 0) ;if not running
    {
    if FileExist(AppPath)
        {
        if (FileName = "XBMC.exe" and StartPortable = 1)
            run %AppPath% -p
        else
            run %AppPath%
        }
    Else
        {
        ;traytip, Message, %AppPath% not found, 5, 1
        }
    }
    Else ; file already running
    {
    ;traytip, Message, %FileName% already running, 5, 1
    }
}
with

Code:
LaunchApplication(AppPath) ; function to start applications
{
SplitPath, AppPath, FileName ;get filename without path
Process, Exist, %FileName% ; check to see if 'FileName' is running
If (ErrorLevel = 0) ;if not running
    {
    if FileExist(AppPath)
        {
        if (FileName = "XBMC.exe" and StartPortable = 1)
            {RunAs, Administrator, YourPassword
            run %AppPath% -p
            RunAs
            }

else
            {RunAs, Administrator, YourPassword
            run %AppPath%
            RunAs
            }
        }
    Else
        {
        ;traytip, Message, %AppPath% not found, 5, 1
        }
    }
    Else ; file already running
    {
    ;traytip, Message, %FileName% already running, 5, 1
    }
}

After making the necessary changes, save the file. Then right click the .ahk file and select the option 'compile' which will create XNMCLauncher.exe in the same location. Replace the existing .exe file in program folder using this new one.

Please note, I have not tested this method. But it should work as given in the autohotkey help page. If no luck, let me know, I will upload the code to pastebin so that you can copy paste it.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - mahockey - 2013-04-15

***noob alert***

I have XBMC window's version currently installed on my Win8 HTPC. Do i need to uninstall this before using this cool application, or just install the latest version of XBMCinstaller alongside it?

I have read up but post#1 doesn't make this clear.

No need to uninstall XBMC. Just install XBMCLauncher.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - mahockey - 2013-04-15

cheers Baijuxavior

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - bedo2405 - 2013-04-16

***Another Noob Alert****

So I have this (XBMCLauncher) installed and running nicely as a shell on windows Smile However there are a few other apps I wish to run like utorrent and googlesync. When I add utorrent to start as an external application it fails to start, but when I use it to replace xbmcOnIMon it works. Whats the dirrerence? Also when I add googlesync to start as an external application it also fails to start.

Any help appreciated.