Kodi Community Forum
Win XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Win XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more (/showthread.php?tid=136798)

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2013-04-16

You should enable the option 'Start First/Second group applications with XBMCLauncher'

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Silence720 - 2013-04-16

This is a fantastic app, by the way. One issue I am having is that in various instances when my pc wakes, xbmc does not start automatically. I am setting it to sleep within the power management settings in W7. Is there another method to sleep that gets around this issue. I've been using the app a few weeks and have come across this issue a handful of times. When it does not start automatically, the computer resets.

Thanks in advance for your help!

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - m1mi.dan0s - 2013-04-16

How do I remove an application from the list that starts together with XBMC Launcher?

Edit: nevermind, I just found the settings.ini in %appdata%. Would be nice if there's an easier way to do that, though...

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - bedo2405 - 2013-04-17

(2013-04-16, 10:15)baijuxavior Wrote: You should enable the option 'Start First/Second group applications with XBMCLauncher'

Thanks heaps baijuxavior ...

One more thing, did anyone ever resolve the issue of imon failing after wake up from sleep ... my imon lcd screen is blank and my remote control doesn't work. Atm I've got sleep disabled.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - daffeh - 2013-04-17

Since I redid my system and changed to an SSD, Movies & TV-Shows menu is missing from the main menu when I use XBMC as shell.
Exit XBMC, restart and they are there.
Known issue? Can't find anything about this

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - byronl - 2013-04-17

I'm running Frodo on Windows Vista and i've got an odd issue.

I've set XBMC to start at wake up and basically it doesn't. The PC is connected via DVI>HDMI to the TV and if you turn the TV on after the PC has woken you see the desktop. The hard disk is thrashing like crazy and no XBMC.

If you wiggle the mouse XBMC starts immediately. I've tried changing the start XBMC delay from 1 second through to 10 seconds and no change. It's very perplexing.

It's like something is blocking XBMC, or perhaps it's waiting for the TV to turn on? But it doesn't start when the TV is turned on. Wiggling the mouse seems to do the trick.

Anyone got any clues at all?

Thanks

B

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2013-04-17

(2013-04-16, 15:11)Silence720 Wrote: This is a fantastic app, by the way. One issue I am having is that in various instances when my pc wakes, xbmc does not start automatically. I am setting it to sleep within the power management settings in W7. Is there another method to sleep that gets around this issue. I've been using the app a few weeks and have come across this issue a handful of times. When it does not start automatically, the computer resets.

Thanks in advance for your help!

I think XBMC process is not completely closed before your system sleeps. This can happen if your system sleeps very fast. When you resume from sleep, xbmc will close. During this time xbmclauncher may think that xbmc is already running and it will skip restarting xbmc. This is a wild guess only, the actual problem may be something else. You can try adding a delay to start XBMC. I am thinking of changing the code so that xbmclauncher will prevent sleep until xbmc is completely closed. Also instead of force close, a normal close is possible in this approach.

(2013-04-17, 00:51)bedo2405 Wrote:
(2013-04-16, 10:15)baijuxavior Wrote: You should enable the option 'Start First/Second group applications with XBMCLauncher'

Thanks heaps baijuxavior ...

One more thing, did anyone ever resolve the issue of imon failing after wake up from sleep ... my imon lcd screen is blank and my remote control doesn't work. Atm I've got sleep disabled.

You can try to kill iMon Manager during sleep and start it when resuming from sleep. For this edit the source code. Refer the code at line number 314 which deals with closing and starting xbmc.

(2013-04-17, 09:17)daffeh Wrote: Since I redid my system and changed to an SSD, Movies & TV-Shows menu is missing from the main menu when I use XBMC as shell.
Exit XBMC, restart and they are there.
Known issue? Can't find anything about this

Please check if portable mode is enabled in xbmclauncher. If so disable it.

(2013-04-17, 11:29)byronl Wrote: I'm running Frodo on Windows Vista and i've got an odd issue.

I've set XBMC to start at wake up and basically it doesn't. The PC is connected via DVI>HDMI to the TV and if you turn the TV on after the PC has woken you see the desktop. The hard disk is thrashing like crazy and no XBMC.

If you wiggle the mouse XBMC starts immediately. I've tried changing the start XBMC delay from 1 second through to 10 seconds and no change. It's very perplexing.

It's like something is blocking XBMC, or perhaps it's waiting for the TV to turn on? But it doesn't start when the TV is turned on. Wiggling the mouse seems to do the trick.

Anyone got any clues at all?

Thanks

B

This is a weird problem. Unfortunately no solution comes to my mind.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - byronl - 2013-04-18

Thanks baijuxavior, I do wonder if I my issue is the same Silence720? Or at least related? The behaviour change you mentioned of waiting until XBMC is completely dead might work.

Interestingly I woke the PC to watch something last night and XBMC did start correctly after the requisite delay. So I suspect it's to do with unattended wake and the screen being off or something like that.

Thanks

B

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - bedo2405 - 2013-04-18

(2013-04-17, 15:38)baijuxavior Wrote: You can try to kill iMon Manager during sleep and start it when resuming from sleep. For this edit the source code. Refer the code at line number 314 which deals with closing and starting xbmc.

Awesome ... too easy ... I did it at work, I'll try it when I get home.

Thanks again.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - anarchoi - 2013-04-18

(2013-04-15, 16:54)baijuxavior Wrote:
(2013-04-15, 11:01)anarchoi Wrote: 1. XBMCLauncher autoruns with windows 8 so i don't think i can make it start automatically in administrator mode

2. i don't know how to edit the source code and recompilate it Sad is it possible to release a compiled version of XBMCLauncher with admin mode on ?

Thanks a lot

Editing and compiling .ahk file is very easy. Download and install autohotkey_l from the link provided in the first page. Download the source code and extract using winrar. Open the xbmclauncher.ahk file in notepad. Notepad++ is recommended. Change the code

Code:
LaunchApplication(AppPath) ; function to start applications
{
SplitPath, AppPath, FileName ;get filename without path
Process, Exist, %FileName% ; check to see if 'FileName' is running
If (ErrorLevel = 0) ;if not running
    {
    if FileExist(AppPath)
        {
        if (FileName = "XBMC.exe" and StartPortable = 1)
            run %AppPath% -p
        else
            run %AppPath%
        }
    Else
        {
        ;traytip, Message, %AppPath% not found, 5, 1
        }
    }
    Else ; file already running
    {
    ;traytip, Message, %FileName% already running, 5, 1
    }
}
with

Code:
LaunchApplication(AppPath) ; function to start applications
{
SplitPath, AppPath, FileName ;get filename without path
Process, Exist, %FileName% ; check to see if 'FileName' is running
If (ErrorLevel = 0) ;if not running
    {
    if FileExist(AppPath)
        {
        if (FileName = "XBMC.exe" and StartPortable = 1)
            {RunAs, Administrator, YourPassword
            run %AppPath% -p
            RunAs
            }

else
            {RunAs, Administrator, YourPassword
            run %AppPath%
            RunAs
            }
        }
    Else
        {
        ;traytip, Message, %AppPath% not found, 5, 1
        }
    }
    Else ; file already running
    {
    ;traytip, Message, %FileName% already running, 5, 1
    }
}

After making the necessary changes, save the file. Then right click the .ahk file and select the option 'compile' which will create XNMCLauncher.exe in the same location. Replace the existing .exe file in program folder using this new one.

Please note, I have not tested this method. But it should work as given in the autohotkey help page. If no luck, let me know, I will upload the code to pastebin so that you can copy paste it.

After doing this, i get this error when running the exe

"Error: Launch Error (possibly related to RunAs)

Specifically: Incorrect username or password

Line # 567 Run,%Apppath%"

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - m1mi.dan0s - 2013-04-18

I recently upgraded my system (specs are in the signature) and I've been getting some weird issues with XBMC Launcher. Well, I'm not sure it's caused by XBMC Launcher, but I hope the people in this topic can offer me some extra insight.

I have the shell set to XBMC Launcher and my PC is never in hibernation or suspend. It always boots using the fast boot option in Windows 8 (partial hibernation).

I have two profiles in my XBMC setup: one for the kids and one for the parents. Smile Now here's the odd issue:

Whenever I boot up my HTPC and login to our profile, according to the debug.log, XBMC can't connect to the MySQL database on my NAS. When after that I log out and login to the kids corner, it can connect. Then I logout and login to the parents profile again and it can also connect.

Whenever I boot up my HTPC and directly login to the kids profile, there's never an issue.

For some reason it only appears, when the first login attempt is into the grown ups profile.

Anyone have any idea what might be causing this?

Edit: why I think it's somehow related to XBMC Launcher is, because when I set the shell to Explorer there's no issue with both profiles.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - User 82703 - 2013-04-18

Hi everyone, new user here and looking for some help. My system is XBMC 12.1 running on Windows 7. I use a Harmony One remote for control. I came to XBMCLauncher looking to solve an issue I've had for a while - when my HTPC would wake from sleep, XBMC would often freeze almost instantly and I had to log out and back into Win7. So, I am trying to use XBMCLauncher to close XBMC when I shutdown (sleep/hibernate the PC) and then restart it when I wake. What's the best way? If I manually reboot the PC, and launcher starts XBMC perfectly. It's closing XBMC that I can't get working right.

Not sure if I need the MCE entries in the registry or not (currently enabled).

What I see now is, when I wake from sleep, the XBMC has the shutdown menu on-screen. Almost like it didn't have time to shut down XBMC when the PC went to sleep previously.

Something I should be doing differently?

Thanks in advance!

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2013-04-19

(2013-04-18, 18:02)anarchoi Wrote: After doing this, i get this error when running the exe

"Error: Launch Error (possibly related to RunAs)

Specifically: Incorrect username or password

Line # 567 Run,%Apppath%"

Probably your password is incorrect? I will test this in my system and provide you the solution if it works.

(2013-04-18, 18:33)m1mi.dan0s Wrote: I recently upgraded my system (specs are in the signature) and I've been getting some weird issues with XBMC Launcher. Well, I'm not sure it's caused by XBMC Launcher, but I hope the people in this topic can offer me some extra insight.

I have the shell set to XBMC Launcher and my PC is never in hibernation or suspend. It always boots using the fast boot option in Windows 8 (partial hibernation).

I have two profiles in my XBMC setup: one for the kids and one for the parents. Smile Now here's the odd issue:

Whenever I boot up my HTPC and login to our profile, according to the debug.log, XBMC can't connect to the MySQL database on my NAS. When after that I log out and login to the kids corner, it can connect. Then I logout and login to the parents profile again and it can also connect.

Whenever I boot up my HTPC and directly login to the kids profile, there's never an issue.

For some reason it only appears, when the first login attempt is into the grown ups profile.

Anyone have any idea what might be causing this?

Edit: why I think it's somehow related to XBMC Launcher is, because when I set the shell to Explorer there's no issue with both profiles.

This can happen if your network adapter is not initialized before xbmc starts. Add a sufficient delay to the start of xbmc. XBMCLauncher>XBMC Startup Settings.

(2013-04-18, 22:10)bswiz Wrote: Hi everyone, new user here and looking for some help. My system is XBMC 12.1 running on Windows 7. I use a Harmony One remote for control. I came to XBMCLauncher looking to solve an issue I've had for a while - when my HTPC would wake from sleep, XBMC would often freeze almost instantly and I had to log out and back into Win7. So, I am trying to use XBMCLauncher to close XBMC when I shutdown (sleep/hibernate the PC) and then restart it when I wake. What's the best way? If I manually reboot the PC, and launcher starts XBMC perfectly. It's closing XBMC that I can't get working right.

Not sure if I need the MCE entries in the registry or not (currently enabled).

What I see now is, when I wake from sleep, the XBMC has the shutdown menu on-screen. Almost like it didn't have time to shut down XBMC when the PC went to sleep previously.

Something I should be doing differently?

Thanks in advance!

No need to install MCE registry for closing xbmc. Enable the options XBMC Exit Settings > Force Close XBMC on suspend and XBMC Startup Settings > Start XBMC when Windows resumes from sleep.

If you already installed the mce code then the power button of your remote will send 'S' to show the shutdown menu instead of sleep.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - jsloot - 2013-04-19

Hi all,

just a lillte question. Why I am not able to change default shell? XBMCLauncher change it but after reboot or relogon it is changed back to explorer.exe again. I use Win 7 Home Premium.

Thanks in advance!!

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2013-04-19

The shell is defined under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon. Check if the shell is set to C:\Program Files\XBMCLauncher\XBMCLauncher.exe.