Kodi Community Forum
Win XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Win XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more (/showthread.php?tid=136798)

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2013-05-16

(2013-05-16, 11:52)Roman_V_M Wrote: I have read the 1st post and still not sure: can XBMCLauncher start XBMC with an arbitrary key combo (not just Win+Alt+Enter)?

At present only Win+ALt+Enter is added. If you want more key combinations, then edit the XBMCLauncher.ahk script file and replace the existing exe file with the compiled one. The line to modify is
Code:
#!Enter:: ; Win+Alt+Enter shortcut key
which is defined at the bottom of the script. Define your shortcut just above or below this line. Example:

Code:
#!Enter:: ; Win+Alt+Enter shortcut key
^!Enter:: ; Ctrl+Alt+Enter shortcut key

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - jopie - 2013-05-17

I like the launcher but how do I Shutdown both XBMC and Windows 7 when I click on Shutdown in XBMC?

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2013-05-17

(2013-05-17, 17:32)jopie Wrote: I like the launcher but how do I Shutdown both XBMC and Windows 7 when I click on Shutdown in XBMC?

Doesn't xbmc shutdown the system on clicking the Power Down button?

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - jopie - 2013-05-17

Not with me it don't :-) I have set XBMC Frodo 12.2 in Settings > Power Savings to Shutdown but it still returns me to Windows.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2013-05-17

^^ It might be a bug. During installation of xbmclauncher select the option to install custom shutdown menu. This works for confluence skin. Set the shutdown button action to 'Shutdown' in launcher settings. For Aeon nox you need to edit the DialogButtonMenu.xml file.

What do I need for Transparency? I just tried it with Confluence as skin and that works. However, my default skin is Transparency. Any luck there? Anything I can do?

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2013-05-18

If transparency uses a DialogButtonMenu.xml file then edit it. For confluence it is located in C:\Program Files\XBMC\addons\skin.confluence\720p. Open this file in an xml editor or Notepad++ and look for the section 'shutdown button'. The line '<onclick>XBMC.Powerdown()</onclick> is replaced with '<onclick>XBMC.RunScript(ConfluenceShutdownButtonAction.py)</onclick>'. Do the same for your skin.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Lasborg - 2013-05-24

In windows 8 x64 with xbmc launcher as shell. The code is working, after it was compiled and set to run as administrator when xbmc runs. Is it possible to incorporate it into xbmc launcher itself.

Code:
WM_POWERBROADCAST(wParam, lParam)

{
    If (wParam=4) ;suspend
    {
        Process, Exist, xbmc.exe ; check to see if xbmc.exe is running
            If (ErrorLevel > 0) ; If it is running
            {
                Process, Close, %ErrorLevel%  
                Process, WaitClose, %ErrorLevel%
                sleep 1000
            }
    }    

If (wParam=7) ;on resuming from suspend state
        Run,C:\Program Files\XBMC\XBMC.exe

}

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2013-05-24

The code is already available in xbmc launcher.There was a small bug in the launcher where force close is actually disabled when you enable it via the context menu. I have updated v4.0 with fix. Please try it.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - DFergATL - 2013-05-26

Hi,

I just discovered this app. I have installed it and it works but has a few hickups I am trying to fix. I also user LM Remote Keymap http://www.lmgestion.net/@en-us/4/22/60/article.asp I have xbmclauncher as the shell and the LM Remote Keymap listener as an "external app" and "start with xbmc" and it does. But, thse GUI for LM Remote Keymap comes up in front of XBMC and XBMC never gets the focus unless I manually go over to the PC and give it the focus myself. This is the only problem. Hopefully an easy one.

David

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2013-05-26

Please check the focus delay time in xbmclauncher settings. It is 10 sec by default. Also see if the focus is permanently disabled.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - DFergATL - 2013-05-26

My settings on the "Focus Settings" tab

"Disable Focus Permanently" .has no check mark in it.

"Focus Only Once" has no check mark in it.

"Focus Delay" is set to 10 seconds.

to test I rebooted the system. Then went to the bathroom to answer a call from mother nature. Then took out the garbage, and checked the male. I assure you this took more then "10 seconds" but when I came back "LM Remote Keymap" still had the focus.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2013-05-26

I will install LM Remote Keymap in my htpc to see what causes the problem. Will keep you updated.

Thank you.

Just some more info for you.

After I installed xbmclauncher, I found that my remote would not work. I exited xbmc and windows shell started up. Then my remote would start working. I was able to determine that when I exited xmbc windows shell started the process "LM Remote KeyMap Desktop Listener" and that is when my remote would start working. I added that exe to xbmclauncher and that did solve the not working part. I am not sure why the gui is coming up. Under normal use it doesn't pop up with windows.