Kodi Community Forum
Win XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Win XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more (/showthread.php?tid=136798)

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2013-06-20

Can you explain how you run the 'compiled script for the above remote to a specific keymapping'? Did you add it to the list of external applications in Launcher?

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - physast - 2013-06-28

Sorry for the confusion here. I have been trying to get the green button to open XBMC with no luck. I installed the full installation and restarted the computer but it still opened mce. I then did a custom install and checked all the boxes and restarted with the same thing (green button = mce).

Any step by step advice for someone who apparently has no clue?

Thanks

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2013-06-28

^^ Please check if the green button is sending Win+Alt+Enter. You can use my advanced mce mapper tool to configure the green mce button. After this the green mce button will start xbmc.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - physast - 2013-06-28

(2013-06-28, 07:59)baijuxavior Wrote: ^^ Please check if the green button is sending Win+Alt+Enter. You can use my advanced mce mapper tool to configure the green mce button. After this the green mce button will start xbmc.

How do you check if the green button is sending Win+Alt+Enter? Also while reading through the thread I saw you mention the advanced mce mapper tool, but how do you get to it. Did it come with the XBMClauncher 4.0? If so what do I need to do to use it?

Thanks

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2013-06-28

Download the mapper tool from here - http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=164252

On launching it will show the various buttons and their current key codes.

using XBMCCustomregis with XBMCLauncher - Livin - 2013-06-29

(2012-08-24, 06:27)baijuxavior Wrote:
(2012-08-23, 15:48)Livin Wrote: baijuxavior,
Would yo be able to add 2 features...

1) allow user to launch XBMC on a specific display (desktop, display 2, etc)
2) watchdog to ensure XBMC stays on that specific display -- like you do to check focus

... this would allow me, and other, to once again reliably use XBMC on a 2nd display.

thx for the great tool

Unfortunately, I don't have a dual monitor setup, so I can't test the script. But you can download the latest tool from elitegamer360. He has added the feature you are looking for. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=78179&pid=1173558#pid1173558. You can integrate this code into xbmclauncher by editing the xbmclauncher.ahk file in the source code giving credit to EG.

Do you have a compiled version with his code in it?
Will it work if the 2nd display is turned off/on? In other words, if I turn the TV off - then back on, will it move BMC back to display #2 when it comes on?

thx

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2013-06-30

^^ Sorry, I don't have a compiled version of his dual monitor code. I have not tested it so can't say if it will work the way you want.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - punking - 2013-07-07

Sorry if something similar has been asked but I tried to look through all 70 pages.

I have the ecs fan utility running at start up with XBMC launcher using

External Apps group 1 - start with xbmc launcher enable

using XBMC launcher as shell

The fan utility still steals focus after start up, then XBMC takes over. There's no option on the fan utility to start it in the taskbar

Is there anyway I can sort it so this utility is never visible, but running?

Thanks.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2013-07-08

Does the fan utility appear minimized with Windows shell?

May be you can run it invisible from the autohotkey script using Run, Target [, WorkingDir, Max|Min|Hide|UseErrorLevel, OutputVarPID]

Example: Run, C:\Program Files\xxx\yyy.exe, , hide

Just test it using a new autohotkey script. If it works then you can edit the launcher script with this code.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - nonob - 2013-07-12

Hi,

I use one of the first version of xbmc launcher,(just a batch file).

I use mysql shared library and i'm trying upnp library sharing, but if i'm right, with upnp sharing, i have to keep xbmc awake all the time.

Is xbmc launcher able to reduce xbmc in notification area ?

I'm on windows XP.

Thanks

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2013-07-12

(2013-07-12, 11:33)nonob Wrote: Is xbmc launcher able to reduce xbmc in notification area ?

Not possible.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - onyx00 - 2013-07-16

(2013-06-08, 14:50)regi100 Wrote: Thank you verry much, working now for me for xbmc in windowed mode! Blush

But when i switch xbmc to fullscreen and reboot my machine, xbmc stays in the taskbar marked as active. I have to click on it once, then it shows up.
Why so? Why will it not be presented in fullscreen mode by default?
(i am not starting in shell mode.)Huh

I was recently seeing this problem as well, but don't recall changing my screen mode for XBMC (always had it set to fullscreen mode). I wasn't really sure what was going on, but was seeing the same exact issue: you see the window become "active" in the taskbar (indented, slightly darker grey), but XBMC never goes full screen. I confirmed that every time XBMCLauncher checked focus, this occurred for me - i.e. it failed to bring XBMC in to focus.

I've been playing with the script and read some threads about the "WinActivate" call being flaky at times. The suggested solution was to use a Windows API call instead to bring the window in to focus. I also found another suggestion to use the "#WinActivateForce" directive (goes at the top of the script file with the other "#" directives), but I decided not to use this unless I found that my solution below was not enough to fix things.

In the end, I modified the "SendFocus()" routine to first try the original method of bringing XBMC in to focus, and if that fails, it attempts another method. I believe this will be a more robust method of focusing XBMC. I also tested this with both windowed and the "regular" fullscreen mode for XBMC.

Code:
SendFocus()
{
    Process, Exist, xbmc.exe ; check to see if xbmc.exe is running
    If (ErrorLevel >= 1 and BreakFocus = 0)
    {
        IfWinNotActive, ahk_class XBMC ;if xbmc is not active
        {
            WinActivate, ahk_class XBMC ;activate xbmc

; Try a second method if the previous method did not work
            IfWinNotActive, ahk_class XBMC ;if xbmc is not active
            {
                ; This is supposed to be a more reliable way of bringing the window to the foreground
                WinGet, hWnd, ID, ahk_class XBMC
                WinRestore, ahk_class XBMC
                DllCall("SetForegroundWindow", UInt, hWnd)
            }
        }
    }

}

I'll leave it to the XBMCLauncher author to decide if he wants to pull this in to the official XBMCLauncher code base and approve it for release.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2013-07-17

^^ Thanks. I will add it to the tool. We can remove the winactivate part as your code is more robust.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Ghostdivision - 2013-07-18

I currently have xbmc set to exit and launch when i wake it from sleep, but i was hoping since I have update video library when xbmc starts it would also update the library when you resume from suspend, but its not, is there anyway to accomplish this?

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Ghostdivision - 2013-07-19

edit